Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Header Test Repost (RMF,SMSP,Hytech,ANR, DTR, DC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Header Test Repost (RMF)

Btw why should I tell Dave anything? I am not affiliated with SMSP at all.

In fact I used to own a Hytech and recently sold it. If anything, if you think I'm doing this for partisan reasons, then you would accuse me of (on first glance and obvious thinking) being more supportive of John's headers.

Seriously. I just saw that AF Ratio and if some tooonah did that on my car, I'd tell him to go back and start again before I paid him.

Sorry Mike but that really sucks man. No disrespect.

You can always count on a flock of sheep to follow blindly and provide endless support though because they wouldn't know the first thing about being objective and throw in a couple of these thumsup smilies to make sure the sales hype is obvious to see.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Header Test Repost (Michael Delaney)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Michael Delaney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When you place commerce above truth, you get Enron.

Modified by Michael Delaney at 6:45 PM 5/14/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you are insinuating that i did this to mak money for RMF, than you can take a LONG walk off a short pier.

reread my last post.

come on guys, stop being such bitches. THIS **** HAPPENED OVER A YEAR AGO. ITS OVER WITH. NO ONE BITCHED THAT WAS INVOLVED OVER A YEAR AGO. Im not going to defend myself. the ORIGINAL POST HAD ALL THE A/f graphs posted , yet everyone wants to bitch NOW. waste of time. I tell youy what, you go get EVERYONE to send you a header, test all of them for 8 hours+, get a magazine to cover it, do all the work yourself FOR FREE, then come back an talk to me. I NEVER WAS COMPENSATED FOR ANY WORK I DID, AND ALL I HEAR IS BITCHING.

PM JOHNZM TO BITCH ABOUT THE TUNING, I DIDNT DO IT.

i reposted all this becuase people during hte RAGE header frenzy were asking had it ever been tested against RMF,SMSP, DTR, the answer is YES.

you guys want to keep beating a dead horse go for it
Old 05-15-2006, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Header Test Repost (VtecKiDD)

Here is the AF graphs of BOTH SMSP vs RMF scaled CORRECTLY

as you can see from 6000RPMS or 90mph UPWWARDS the SMSP header an the RMF were at about the same A/F ratio.

the only one that could be "questioned" is the Blue run, which was about .5 pt richer than the rest, but IIRC, that header made less power leaner an it was "close enoguh" to the other headers so we opted to give dave the best run of his 3 at that a/f ratio. we tried to keep all the a/f ratios the same as best as we could in the short time we had.

Old 05-15-2006, 08:56 AM
RMF

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Michael Delaney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
[/i]</TD></TR></TABLE>
If you don't talk to Dave where did you get this dyno sheet.Its his own private sheet that only he has with his name on it.
Its no biggy
Old 05-15-2006, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (VtecKiDD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecKiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> TESTS ARE GUIDELINES NOT ABSOLUTIONS Take EVERY dyno you see with a grain of salt. MOST of the test done on here are for SALES. they are to create hype to get you to purchase a certain product. Read through the bullshit...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man it's pretty sad how bitter you are. Why is it that in almost every post you make, you feel the need to talk **** on tests that were done by someone other than yourself? I thought we talked about this in PM and resolved it, but you just HAVE to keep RUNNING YOUR ******* MOUTH every chance you get.

Sorry if I fucked up the continuity of the 'Mainstream Performance/SRZ All Motor Forum' by posting something that didn't have your name on it or hype up how awesome you/your shop are. That doesn't mean that my test was biased or intended to sell products, any more than yours was.

I have never accused you of any impropriety or slandered your name on H-T, I keep my personal opinions to myself since I wasn't there and don't have any facts or evidence to back up my speculation. On the other hand, you persist in posting wild speculation and slander about other people's honesty, all over H-T.

Sorry to get off the topic of this thread. It just irritates me how you throw in these little insults every chance you get, in what would otherwise be a pretty good thread.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:15 AM

Default Re: (revolt_allmotor)

WTF are you talking about, what i posted was true. When HOOKUPS was selling the RAGE header people asked if it had EVER been tested against any other header, an IT HAD BEEN so i REPOSTED the results to refresh everyones memory.

im not bitter, that test has caused more problems that it ever was worth.

get off my nuts man, i never said **** about you, an my wuote you used GOES FOR MY TEST AS WELL.

IF YOU REMEMBER PEOPLE WERE LOOKING AT MY TEST GOING "WOW THE RMF IS THE BEST HEADER HANDS DOWN". EVEN RMF WILL TELL YOU NO HEADER IS THE BEST. IT DEPENDS ON APPLICATION, PARTS USED, MOTOR BUILT, ETC. HIS MAY BE THE BEST HEADER FOR AVERAGE SETUPS, OR A WIDE RANGE OF SETUPS, BUT ITS HARD TO PROVE THAT. WHO DO I SLANDER ACROSS HT? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

get your head out of your ***
Old 05-15-2006, 09:19 AM

BTW this thread was DEAD until someone else bumped it, you dont see me bumping every thread i have do you.

if you want to sling mud we can do it, but i never said ****, so please, go sit down an take a breather
Old 05-15-2006, 09:23 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecKiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is true, in this test it won, however, i have seen other test where other names on that list have been better off.

TEST IS A GUIDLINE, not a absolution.

BTW id like to see what the street sweeper header would do</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you skim over one of my first responses? here i quoted it for you
Old 05-15-2006, 09:26 AM

Who do you slander across H-T? Well, when you said:

'MOST of the test done on here are for SALES. they are to create hype to get you to purchase a certain product.'

it's obvious who you are referring to. Since you have made numerous posts in the pasts accusing me of doing a biased test to help sell rage headers...
Old 05-15-2006, 09:32 AM

hey man, if you got a guilty concience it aint my fault.

did i EVER say i posted this thread becuase of hookups/rage hype? nope, i dont see it.

FYI what header did i run on my 2.0l LSVTEC? thats right, i ran a RAGE header, RMF, TDF

hmmmmmm
Old 05-15-2006, 10:11 AM

guilty conscience? lol. again with the pathetic little insults.

I never said you did either. All I did was quote you own words:

'MOST of the test done on here are for SALES. they are to create hype to get you to purchase a certain product.'

Anyway I'm done. I guess it's not your fault you're insecure. I hope you're happy since I haven't been posting much lately, perfect opportunity to get the 'Mainstream Performance/SRZ All Motor Forum' back on track. Post a few more 85 page threads hyping up your shop, kay? Pretend that the thread will eventually contain useful information, and that way it won't get deleted. (Referring here to your 'header test part two' thread).

Old 05-15-2006, 10:13 AM

hey, take whatyou want frmo it, but your the one throwing around ASSUMPTIONS, not me. an what i said is true, most of the test done on here are for SALES. thats a true statement. I also fall into that category. As a tester i have to be VERY clear which i have been, that every test is subject to specific motor combinations, an specific conditions. I was clear that i dont sell ANY of the headers tested, i dont get a deal on any header that was tested, etc. im not insulting you, your opening up yourself for it. if its so pathetic why respond unless its getting to you

i rarely post nit he ALL MOTOR forum anymore, i dont have to "hype" my shop up, i let our cars do the talking.

jealousy sucks man, sorry you feel that way
Old 05-15-2006, 10:16 AM

Have I ever asked the question, "which of the headers RMF, SMSP, DC, RAGE, ANR, etc. comes with the flange smaller than the stock EX. port and needs to be opened up, to match the others"?

you can answer that on your own. But its true. But i guess sine im not on your "bandwagon" im not cool enough.

have anice day
Old 05-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-15-2006, 01:27 PM
BB4
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RMF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you don't talk to Dave where did you get this dyno sheet.Its his own private sheet that only he has with his name on it.
Its no biggy
</TD></TR></TABLE>

SMSP posted it on the very first page of this thread you dumbshit.

your lack of professionalism makes you loose customers.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecKiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
get your head out of your ***</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-15-2006, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Header Test Repost (410REPN)

lack of professionalism? whatever, he tried to insinuate, an i told him the truth, he needs to get his head out of his ***. is it as professional as you calling RMF a dumbshit for asking a simple question?

there, did i lose a nother customer now? get a life

AN ITS "LOSE" customers, not "LOOSE" you illiterate dumbshit
Old 05-15-2006, 02:13 PM
BB4
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecKiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it as professional as you calling RMF a dumbshit for asking a simple question?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont need to be profesional, im not selling a product on here.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecKiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
there, did i lose a nother customer now? get a life
</TD></TR></TABLE>

so you're saying you represent RMF?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 410REPN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i dont need to be profesional, im not selling a product on here.

so you're saying you represent RMF?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

SO since when do i sell a product?

no, GO BUY HOOKED ON PHONICS.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:23 PM
BB4
Honda-Tech Member

SO since when do i sell a product?

no, GO BUY HOOKED ON PHONICS.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i didn't say you sold a product, go get some hooked on phonics yourself
Old 05-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Trial User

Randy: where did I get the pic of the dyno? I right clicked my computer button onto the image on page 1 of this thread, selected Copy image, and pasted it into the space and hit Post.

I did not need to "call Dave".

Why are you so defensive about a simple question?

Like I said, the thread popped up, I scrolled through it and saw that dyno posted on page 1 with the wonky AF ratio going up and down like Pamela Anderson's bust size and asked why is it so fucked up ? And can you trust the results if it's so fucked up? I never contacted Dave. He has nothing to do with my question.

Mike: why did you fly off the handle? I wasn't here to read your thread a year ago. I didn't know if you had cracked nuts over this already. I just read it this week. The AF ratios sucked and I asked why ? My point was: why don't you just do a test with good AF ratios to dispell the notion that the differences between the headers was due to insufficient tuning ? Because after all even if the wideband went weird on you that does say that the info used to tune from it wasn't reliable and so there may be something unfair about the test. Simple question. I'm not affiliated with any of the people who make headers in your test. I am an average Joe customer just like the other people who blindly posted thumbsup to your thread. Take it easy man. Long walks on piers aren't my thing anyway.

Don't worry about it. The people who accept the results as is can continue to believe whatever. Thanks for your professional answer.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:32 PM
RMF

LOL YEAH YEAH I know .I didn't see it .I have dial up and it takes a while for the pics to come up. And I guess i missed it. I saw that it was from Daves own file and thats why i thought he sent it to you. Boy I guess that just knocked me clean out of the pro ranks .LOL But I still wasn't being defensive. But I guess i am now though huh ? LOL
Old 05-15-2006, 11:41 PM
RMF

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 410REPN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

SMSP posted it on the very first page of this thread you dumbshit.

your lack of professionalism makes you loose customers.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Have you ever heard the saying...Don't let your alligator mouth over ride your humming bird ***?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy drama!!??
Old 05-16-2006, 02:59 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

We're going to be sending out hit squads in all directions if this keeps up.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:21 AM

did you not see the graphs i JUST posted.

do the a/f ratios really look taht bad, all that matters is the A/F ratio from 5500+

The headers were all very clsoe to each other, an we tuned it the BEST WE COULD IN THE SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME WE HAD.

you think you can do it better, go for it, good luck