Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

CAM Q's (skunk2/BLox Content)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 CAM Q's (skunk2/BLox Content)

sup! I have a couple of concerns/q's. I am going to go boost in the future but i want more power out of my motor now. I want to go turbo but I am a poor college student who is graduating in Dec. Therefore I am going to put cams in my jdm b18c. so I have a few Q's.

My motor is a jdm b18c gsr motor. I have a intake, s2 intake manifold and a 255lph walboro fuel pump. I will also be buying valve springs and Ti retainers. along with a tri-y hytech replica header. my car has 2.5" exhaust pipping with no cat or resonator.

-I am going to do either blox type a or skunk2 stg 1 cams.

-can I run either of these cams without tunning and whithout getting bigger injectors?

-I heard both of these cams are a drop in application, meaning they do not need tunning, is that true?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CAM Q's (skunk2/BLox Content)

careful with the hytech replica. Gernerally good value it seems, but will most likely have poor ground clearance. The fitment of mine was not great. The slip fit joints needed to be welded. But its a nice piece.

my opinion, save your money. It will cost a few bucks and a headache to get these parts working, and you will probably upgrade them anyway. I would enjoy the GSR... And wait until you can do a more extensive build, or a turbo setup. Most in this forum will tell you that all aftermarket camshafts require tuning to get power from them.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:21 PM
All Motor Mentor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want more power out of your motor now, installing new cams and not tuning it will do the opposite for you. Save your money, you don't have long to go now before graduation, the car will still be there waiting for you when you're ready to do things properly.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by the171
careful with the hytech replica. Gernerally good value it seems, but will most likely have poor ground clearance. The fitment of mine was not great. The slip fit joints needed to be welded. But its a nice piece.

my opinion, save your money. It will cost a few bucks and a headache to get these parts working, and you will probably upgrade them anyway. I would enjoy the GSR... And wait until you can do a more extensive build, or a turbo setup. Most in this forum will tell you that all aftermarket camshafts require tuning to get power from them.
Originally Posted by 00Red_SiR
If you want more power out of your motor now, installing new cams and not tuning it will do the opposite for you. Save your money, you don't have long to go now before graduation, the car will still be there waiting for you when you're ready to do things properly.

I was thinking this but, i was getting antsy lol. Yea i guess i will just wait it out till i have all the money for boost. Thanks a lot for the help!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

instead of buying cams if you have money now why dont you buy a tial wastegate ....and maybe your blow valve of choice to get started for you turbo kit