Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Assistance Needed: B16 w/ Skunk2 Tuner 1 Camshafts on Stock ECU?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 04:13 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Assistance Needed: B16 w/ Skunk2 Tuner 1 Camshafts on Stock ECU?

Originally Posted by creizlein
Excuse me? what you mean?
As I stated I did NOT change the ECU or anything, I just plugged the wideband to measure the current, 100% stock P2T ecu.
Then the purpose of your readings of the wideband was moot. There's no point in doing anymore for these particular numbers until this is tuned. So, I guess my question is... What's the point of this analysis if it's not following a step to progression. you're not changing anything, so... where are we going with this?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShodan
you're not changing anything, so... where are we going with this?
Well, if we read back the start of the thread the question was about the very little to none power gains upon switching cams, and the debate if it could be (or not) the fact that no 100% accurate cam degree was done, due the limitations into lock vtec to measure them, and the lack of hardware. But again, answers were that these Tuner Stage1 cams require no major adjustements on stock car with no modifications to the block (height wise).

Based on that, most of the suggestions came to say that the problem was the car running lean, with these readings what I discover is that the car is not lean at all, and that the current ecu is indeed making their respctive adjustments to fuel using Short and/or long trims. Otherwise how could we explain these readings? (Yes, assuming the readings are calibrated).
It could be said that the car is even running rich if you will, assuming 12.2 is not the best mix to target for max power in a NA car.

So, are we back to square 1?
Old 02-20-2017, 07:25 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

You can't expect power gains without adjusting the tune properly regardless of what the stock ECU on a Narrow/Wide band on anything. These cams are just above the ITR which is just above what the STOCK P2T can even deal with.
So, yes, you're back at square 1 because you're going in circles.

That's why I'm saying this whole reading into the wideband numbers is MOOT, because you still can't judge these readings well enough without a tune.