Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

||||| NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS |||||

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ||||| NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS |||||

Does anyone knws wich head gasket is good for a b18c1 wit ctr pistons and skunk2 stage 2 cams?
Old 04-12-2015, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wil-DC2
Does anyone knws wich head gasket is good for a b18c1 wit ctr pistons and skunk2 stage 2 cams?

OEM. Inlinefour.com sells a gasket for you as well.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks alot 4 people told me this same answer u dnt happen to knw on the ring gap spec for 82.mm ctr pistons? I got .20 &.18 i measure them but i believe is gonna be tight looking at 5he piston I might be wrong but i think is tight the ebay guy told me from ( top 0.20 -0.30 ) ( 2nd 0.40 -0.55 ) & the oil ( 0.20-0.45 ) can someone tell me if is good ?
Old 06-14-2015, 06:45 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by redline1219
Glad to see someone addressing these issues, some of them are pretty funny.

Also one more: 10) Four cylinders have only one HEADER, not headers plural. If its a stock exhaust manifold, then stop calling it a header! I hear this WAY too often.
Except for boxer engines which actually have 2 banks of cylinder for it's horizontally opposed engine.

Just to clarify
Old 01-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am new to the forum but not the concept of netiquette. I think its cool that a car community can respect this and I look forward to learning and sharing what I am working on.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PJHennessy203
I am new to the forum but not the concept of netiquette. I think its cool that a car community can respect this and I look forward to learning and sharing what I am working on.
Refreshing to see some intelligent life form in here.

Welcome
Old 03-24-2017, 12:51 PM
Trial User

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2019, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That was very useful thanks
Old 01-26-2021, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the insight
Old 04-17-2021, 12:30 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by clean rice
In attempts at keeping this forum free of illegitemet posts and threads, the flooding and obvious waste of bandwidth, and people spreading false "knowledge" and misleading information , I'm gonna "suggest" a few things - and others feel free to add - to consider before clicking that "post" button.

Contrary to many users beliefs, Honda Tech has been around for quite some time. If you just found out about this site because you saw some dude cruising your streets with a Honda Tech sticker on his Ford Probe, PLEASE refrain from posting anything, you will get flamed. There are many MANY members on this site that are simply tired of repeating themselves year after year, month after month, week and week, and even day after day.

If there is one thing that a newer member can do to better himself/herself, it is getting framiliar with this magical little button in the top right corner of your screen called the "search" button. https://honda-tech.com/search.php *Note that you may have to switch to "search topic titles," it is right under your keyword box. This helps. If that doesn't work, try "googling," using Honda Tech and what you are searching for as key words. It will appear. Don't give up after 2 minutes and make a thread because your mom is yelling at you saying dinner is ready.

All Motor Frequently Asked Questions! https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/all-motor-forum-%5Bfaq%5D-2628364/

Couple things that come to mind right now:

1.) OEM B20 pistons can not accept aftermarket camshafts!!!! This forum gets absolutely destroyed with people asking this. STOP. NOW.

2.) "Poor mans type r." Dumb. If you are building an engine, build it. Do not label it. It's pointless, has no significance, and does not relate a dollar value to an engine. You can have just as much invested into a pr3/b18c combo as anything else.

3.) "200 whp." My cousins brothers uncles son made 200 on blah blah BLAH. Shut up. If you want to post what you made, there is a thread for it. And it has existed for more than a few years. Use it. Nobody cares about your uncorrected, stack in front of a fan dyno from some island half way around the world. Again - apply where necessary.

4.) "Best." On anything. There is no such thing, it does NOT exist. There is no best header, or cam, or exhaust. Research and see what people have had succes with, theres an easy 8+ years worth of information literally at your finger tips. Use it.

5.) "Fully built." No, you're not "fully built." If there is literally NO WAY possible to squeeze another 2 hp out of your motor, you are not "fully built." Having cams and valvetrain in your head does not warrant that claim either...boo hoo.

6.) Compression. This has turned into a debatable topic with newer forms of tuning being available, and obviously with E85 being more commonly used. However, for most people on street motors, 11:5 ~ 12:1 is a window where you need to be. Some of us(like myself) do not have 93 octane at the pump, nor does my tuner use Ectune/Neptune etc. This does NOT mean that a strong motor cannot be had for this managable compression level...and it is impossible to know how much power will "increase" by bumping from 12:1 to 12:5 or more. Bottom line is it makes more sense to work with the motor while tuning, than working against it just so you can say z0mG I hAs c0preszions!!? Get real.

7.) When you create a thread, you are subjecting yourself to all forms of life. So don't get mad when someone tells you not to put a Buddy Club stage 9 camshaft in your stock SIR1 swap. YOU created the thread, it is up to YOU to decipher what is realistic or not. If you don't like the advice you are recieving, and it's legit knowledge, then feel free to move along. There is no room for you here. People can only learn when they are willing to learn.

8.) Unless you have a V6, you have one cylinder head. Which means you have one header. Nobody is going to take you seriously using the term headerS. Nobody.

9.) Keep it mature. "Z0mg i p0ppeD vtecH y0 an now iT liKe cLunkz 0r s0meThin?" Keep your text-savvy "language" to your phones and between your friends. Your parents don't understand it, we don't understand it, it's not english. Grow up.

10.) Unless you are building a B16a motor, SEARCH CAREFULLY BEFORE USING PCT(CTR) PISTONS. For some reason people look at these, see the dome, and think bigger is better. This is NOT the case. SEARCH.

11.) If you find an ancient thread, do not bump it with a "". You just re-generated an old discussion, an old build, and older technology just to show that you like the results or you are following the thread by example. We applaud you for searching, but there is NO need to bump it. (obviously some threads are subjected to this, but for good reason)

12.) Engine management. People can recommend EM all day long, but if your local tuner does not know how to use a program that some stranger on the internet recommended for you, then it's not much use to you is it? Consult with the tuner you are going to choose and do what THEY recommend.

If people disagree with what I have posted, fine. But keep the debate on a MATURE level. Calling people "haters" or arguing just because you don't "believe the hype" can be left in the high school parking lot.

Hello DynoDave

Props brother ....very down to earth I sure as hell agree with you.
RTFO CLEAN RICE RTFO!!!