Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

Pro and con tsx

Old 08-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pro and con tsx

only REAL complaint i have about my tsx is the brakes. They are absolutely terrible. But with the aftermarket this a problem that is easily fixed.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Has anyone driven the '12 TSX? If so, what is your opinion(s) on it?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good info
Old 09-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by silver_gs-R
Sorry man, I'm gonna take a little bit of offence to that lol just because I drive a 2008 Acura TSX.. and I work for Acura.. in no way would I say the TL is in any way a better car then the TSX just like the TSX is in no way a better car then the TL lol. I think its all personal prefference. You also have to remember the TSX isnt a luxury vehicle like the TL... the TSX is by Acura standards considered a luxury sports sedan hence the sportier/stiffer suspension.

TL Pros:
-power
-roomy interior (i especially enjoy the lower seating position)
a bit more luxurious interior
-brembo brakes if you get the TL-S model
-styling to me still one of the most beautiful sedans i have ever seen (remember this is all personal prefference)

TL Cons:
-power is nice, but gas isnt soo nice on the wallett lol
-brembo brakes.... i work in the parts dept. at Acura, and my TL-S constumers abuse those brakes and then are surprised that every 50,000KM not MILES, KM they have to replace pads and rotors
-timing belt (i guess im a little bit spoiled with my timing chain and not having to worry about it for a long long time)
-and lastly tires, i mean that could just be my customers because they arent very good about their tire rotations but i sure do sell a lot of tires for TL's

TSX Pros:
-k-power lots of aftermarket options out there (especially with HONDATA coming out with K-PRO now I'm sure theres gonna be quite a few quick TSX's running around)
-Japaneese built... QUALITY..QUALITY..QUALITY. mine is an 08, it has a 140,000km on it, all I've done to it thus far is oil changes, air/pollen filter changes, and rear brake pads.
-sport tuned suspension (i was very impressed with how well it handles for a boat lol)
-styling interior and exterior wise (though I do preffer the TL interior hands down)
-awesome fuel economy if you stay out of vtec
-absolutely beautiful 6-speed transmission

TSX Cons:
-04 and 05 (K24A1) tend to burn oil
-go thru rear brake pads
-some may disagree with me here but I find the Japaneese built vehicles have a lot thiner layer of paint on them so rock chips do get quite annoying
-the automatics i have to be honest are gutless
-the brakes...well... I guess I wish the TSX came with the brembo's aswell haha

I mean it all comes down to personal prefference. Both are wonderful vehicles it just comes down to what that certain person is looking for in a car. If all youre looking for it power then go and get an SRT-4...but dont expect the quality or reliability youre gonna receive with the Honda product. If I can think of any other pro/cons for either party I will post again haha.

woah, thank you!!! I've been seriously toying with the idea of buying one as a DD