Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

Power steering pump replacement questiob

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering pump replacement questiob

I have A 2004 tsx, the power steering pump was leaking so I purchased a rebuilt one from oreilys. After installing the new pump the steering wheel is very hard to turn and the fluid is foaming in the reservoir. Anyone know what the problem is. I read the system bleeds its self by turning the wheel side to side but steering is still very hard.

I've search but can not find anything.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Power steering pump replacement questiob

Sounds like the relief valve on the compressor is bad.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made a profile on here just to comment on threads talking about Acura TSXs pwr steering leaks bc ive noticed an extremely large number of ppl have had issues w pwr steering on these cars. So much in fact that I can't see why there hasn't been another recall(for more than the hose!!) If we all try and inform as many TSX owners as possible it very well can happen and we will get reimbursed for what we've had2 pay! So take a min and go to this site and file a complaint and pass it on!! It's become 100% clear to me that the pwr steering was faulty in these model cars and the majority of pppl who have written about it have had to get a new rack& pinion which is a VERY costly repair!

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...367.1491604019

And remember pass this link on so we can get this turned into an official recall!
Old 07-27-2017, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fr33spirit
I made a profile on here just to comment on threads talking about Acura TSXs pwr steering leaks bc ive noticed an extremely large number of ppl have had issues w pwr steering on these cars. So much in fact that I can't see why there hasn't been another recall(for more than the hose!!) If we all try and inform as many TSX owners as possible it very well can happen and we will get reimbursed for what we've had2 pay! So take a min and go to this site and file a complaint and pass it on!! It's become 100% clear to me that the pwr steering was faulty in these model cars and the majority of pppl who have written about it have had to get a new rack& pinion which is a VERY costly repair!

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...367.1491604019

And remember pass this link on so we can get this turned into an official recall!

Shoutout to another new member/fellow TSX owner lol! Cheers! I can't believe i forgot my old login ):
Old 08-01-2017, 12:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's likely just going to be the orings for the lines that attach to the ps pump. Many Hondas were built with the faulty oring but it's best to just replace both.

DIY Power Steering Pump O-Ring TSB - Drive Accord Honda Forums
Old 08-02-2017, 01:32 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Interesting. Never had that issue nor a leak. I will still keep this in mind, however.