Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

A/C Problem...Unique?

Old 10-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon2 A/C Problem...Unique?

Greetings All,

2004 Acura TSX (non-nav, 5AT). First, I have been using the existing A/C threads to troubleshoot my issue which has helped me narrow down the problem, so many thanks for that! So here's the deal:

PROBLEM: A/C does not come on at any setting with the A/C button on or off. By not come on, I mean the compressor does not engage.

- A/C fuse (#30) in the dash box is fine.

- A/C compressor clutch relay is tested and fine.

- Jumper'd the A/C compressor clutch socket (pins 1 and 2) and the clutch engages the compressor fine. This bypasses the A/C low/hi pressure switch. The A/C blows cold air with the clutch jumpered and the lines coming out of the evaporator get very hot/very cold, so the system has a good charge.

- At this point, I removed the jumper and reinstalled the clutch relay. I then removed the A/C low/hi pressure switch connector and jumpered the connector pins....no A/C. Hmmm. When I connect a multimeter to one of the connector pins and body ground, I get something around 0.02-0.06 volts.

My assumption has been that when you press the A/C button on the climate control system, the car computer checks the A/C low/hi pressure switch condition, checks any additional interlocks, then sends control voltage (pins 3 and 4) to the A/C compressor clutch to engage the compressor (pins 1 and 2). So somewhere in that electrical system something is getting lost.

So now I am stumped and have a few questions.

1) Is my assumption above correct or are there other components/fuses/relays I can check?

2) Can someone check their A/C low/hi pressure switch connector by disconnecting it, hooking up a multimeter to the one of the connector pins (please check both) and body ground (or negative battery terminal), and letting me know what voltage they see when the climate control button is turned on and off?

3) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

-- whahappened
Old 11-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A/C Problem...Unique?

the a/c compressor going bad on the tsx is a VERY common problem.. I have some for sale if you are interested pm me.