Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

08 TSX: A/C or Heat no longer blowing through vents. Culprit options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 TSX: A/C or Heat no longer blowing through vents. Culprit options?

My wife's 08 TSX recently stopped blowing air (A/C or heat) through the vents. When the A/C is turned on, the compressor does run so I am sure its the blower motor, resistor, or relay. I am not sure how to test to see which one is the part that has failed so I am turning to you guys. Does not matter if we turn the fan speed up/down, temp cold or hot, A/C on or off.

Anyone had this issue and if so, what was the culprit? What should I test, and how, before I start throwing parts at it?

Thanks in advance guys! Trying to get it back on track before it gets cold around here.

Travis
Old 09-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 08 TSX: A/C or Heat no longer blowing through vents. Culprit options?

Disconnect the 4P connector from the power transistor.

Measure the resistance between the No. 3 and No. 4 terminals of the power transistor. It should be about 1.4-1.5 kW.

If the resistance is within the specifications, go to step 3.

If the resistance is not within the specifications, replace the power transistor.

NOTE: Also check the blower motor. Power transistor failure can be caused by a defective blower motor.

Carefully release the lock tab on the No. 1 terminal (BLU/YEL*1, LT GRN*2) (A) in the 4P connector, then remove the terminal and insulate it from body ground.

Reconnect the 4P connector to the power transistor.

Supply 12 V to the No. 1 cavity with a jumper wire.

Turn the ignition switch ON (II), and check that the blower motor runs.

If the blower motor does not run, replace the power transistor.

NOTE: A faulty blower motor can cause the power transistor to fail. If the power transistor is replaced, also check the blower motor for binding, and replace it if necessary.

If the blower motor runs, the power transistor is OK.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 08 TSX: A/C or Heat no longer blowing through vents. Culprit options?

Wow, awesome! Thanks for the info! I'll check it out tomorrow after work!

Thanks again!
Old 06-20-2016, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When you turn on the AC you anticipate that decent frosty air will blow through. Contingent upon when you last adjusted your AC framework you might be baffled when just hot air blows, or no air blows by any means.

To alter your aeration and cooling system, you should first seal the hole and afterward supplant the lost refrigerant. BlueDevil Products has an item that can fulfill both arrangements in one snappy and simple establishment. Red Angel A/C Stop Leak Aerosol arrives in a simple to-use compartment with an appended coupler for the R-134a aerating and cooling framework in your vehicle. Red Angel A/C Stop Leak has 2 ounces of an effective hole halting operator that won't mischief or obstruct any of the segments in your framework and will stay inactive in the framework until it achieves the hole. The temperature differential at the hole will actuate the hole sealer in Red Angel, fixing the break for all time. Red Angel additionally has 2.5 ounces of refrigerant to supplant the refrigerant that spilled out over the winter, totally settling your aerating and cooling framework in one can.