Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Tips for my first Type R

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tips for my first Type R

I just got the CW DC5 JDM Type R. Prior, I had an M4 and TTRS. I know it's never going to drive like those cars but what can I do suspension wise to improve overall handling. I am not going to race the car, it will be a daily, but I want the best ride out of it possible, especially on the highway. By the way the car is completely stock. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-31-2016, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Tips for my first Type R

Originally Posted by southpole12
I just got the CW DC5 JDM Type R. Prior, I had an M4 and TTRS. I know it's never going to drive like those cars but what can I do suspension wise to improve overall handling. I am not going to race the car, it will be a daily, but I want the best ride out of it possible, especially on the highway. By the way the car is completely stock. Thanks in advance!
Pics or this is just a BS post...
Old 12-31-2016, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
Pics or this is just a BS post...
Not a bs post. Looking to get some feedback on improving the ride.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Just from experience, I had 2 sets of suspension on my CTR while I lived in the UK. The first set I had were KW Variant 2 which I really loved until I blew out the front while tracking the car. The next set which I actually liked even better and were half the price were BC Racing with bearing top hats. I tracked my CTR nearly every month for over 2 years with a couple of trips to the Nurburgring and SPA-Francorchamps on this suspension with no problems. As for comfort, the BC's were slightly more comfortable than my KW's. But my setup was for circuit racing.

If you want comfort and still maintain sporty driving, I say try looking into an AirLift suspension system.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
Just from experience, I had 2 sets of suspension on my CTR while I lived in the UK. The first set I had were KW Variant 2 which I really loved until I blew out the front while tracking the car. The next set which I actually liked even better and were half the price were BC Racing with bearing top hats. I tracked my CTR nearly every month for over 2 years with a couple of trips to the Nurburgring and SPA-Francorchamps on this suspension with no problems. As for comfort, the BC's were slightly more comfortable than my KW's. But my setup was for circuit racing.

If you want comfort and still maintain sporty driving, I say try looking into an AirLift suspension system.
thanks for the reply. I never thought about an airlift system. Ill
check into it. I was originally looking at eibach or bilstein.