Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

RSX Type-R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 06:06 PM
A
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX Type-R?

I thought the top of the line was the RSX Type-S... I would guess that the Type-R would have to be a Japanese car except for it ain't a RSX over there (Honda Integra)... What gives?
Old 10-12-2001, 06:26 PM

Default Re: RSX Type-R? (A)

It is still an Integra every else in the world except the US and Canada. Stupid Acura crap.
Old 10-16-2001, 01:24 PM
New User

Default Re: RSX Type-R? (ITR145)

Acura (and they're marketing people) decided to market the Integra into the RSX to fit with all the other "no personality" names such as the CL, RL and TL. Kinda gives you goosebumps just thinkin' about it, eh?

Old 10-16-2001, 03:44 PM
New User

Default Re: RSX Type-R? (The_REVerend)

I'm just going to re-badge it with ...

RSX means nothing to me. It doesn't even have Recaros. That's why I'm greatful that we have jdmhondaparts.com
Old 10-16-2001, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX Type-R? (dmfare)

I'm glad they didn't call it an Integra over here. As far as I'm concerned the RSX is not a continuation of what the Integra was. It is a completely different car that will find a completely different audience.
Old 10-17-2001, 09:12 AM
New User

Default Re: RSX Type-R? (MK Ultra)

I'm glad they didn't call it an Integra over here. As far as I'm concerned the RSX is not a continuation of what the Integra was. It is a completely different car that will find a completely different audience.
I disagree. If anything, the RSX is the evolution of the Integra. After so many (model) years without much change, the Integra had to evolve somehow. And as far as a different audience? I think the audience are people who have been involved in the import scene in the early to mid 90's. By now, this generation has gotten wiser (no more triple decker wings!), better jobs, etc. and can upgrade to a sporty, yet still somewhat luxury oriented car. It's basically the same audience that bought Integras years ago.

Ask the kids that ride in Hondas nowadays and they would'nt even THINK of saying "luxury" and "import" in the same sentence.

[Modified by The_REVerend, 10:13 AM 10/17/2001]
Old 10-17-2001, 10:22 AM
New User

Then why is it called "Integra" in Japan and Aussy? It's just a name, it's still the Integra. If you mean that it doesn't have the "spirit" of the 3rd gen Integra then you can say that. It's a new generation of the Integra with a new name, it's not a new line of cars.
Old 10-17-2001, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX Type-R? (The_REVerend)

That's what seems to happen to all cars I like. I have been cursed with an appreciation for simplicity, intensity and light weight, as well as an absolute disdain for unnecessary "luxury" crap that does little more than make a car softer and heavier.

Look at the BMW 3-series. The old E30 chassis gave way to the more-luxurious-yet-still-sporting E36 and then the damn-near-candyassed E46. Look at an E30 next to an E46 and it's difficult to tell the cars are even related. The same thing is happening with the Integra line, and in this case I'm glad that the Integra name has been retired, even if it is only in the North American market.

It pisses me off though, because plenty of companies make softer, more luxurious cars for the masses, but now there are almost no affordable, practical cars that are made the way I like.
Old 10-18-2001, 10:45 AM
New User

Yeah. I hear ya'. I'm not much into the leather seats (Recaros!), leather-wrapped steering wheel (Mugen!) or even sound-deadening fabric (oh to hear the vtec cams kick in...) to enjoy my ride. I'd trade in luxury for performance any day. As long as it doesn't resemble a full-fledge race car interior then I'm all for it.