Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo?

Old 09-02-2006, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo?

Is there an easy way to hookup an iPod (or any mp3 player) to the type s bose stereo? either using rca cables or a direct link to the ipod?

Old 09-03-2006, 02:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo? (AndrewCJ)

get an iTrip.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:54 AM

I was going to say, "nooo, don't do the iTrip", but because of the Bose system, there isn't a whole lot available that'll work.

Crutchfield only lists the Harman Kardon iPod controller, and Logjam Electronics doesn't have anything different. mp3yourcar.com doesn't even have anything that'll work.

There's got to be some way to tap into the Bose system that I don't know about.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:56 AM

Default Re: iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo? (ballerchild)

FM transmitters suck. I have a IP bus connector in my integra for my iPod that connects to my pioneer deck.

I am looking at buying an RSX and this is really important to me. If I can't have my tunes with me on the road, then it's a no go for the car.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AndrewCJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FM transmitters suck. I have a IP bus connector in my integra for my iPod that connects to my pioneer deck.

I am looking at buying an RSX and this is really important to me. If I can't have my tunes with me on the road, then it's a no go for the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
sorry but that is just stupid..just cuz the type s can't use the IP bus connector or the rca cable doesn't mean that you should not get it...there is more to the car man..

o yea...you can always get an aftermarket deck

i use the car tape adapter..works great.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo? (pat.ter.rick)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pat.ter.rick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry but that is just stupid..just cuz the type s can't use the IP bus connector or the rca cable doesn't mean that you should not get it...there is more to the car man..

i use the car tape adapter..works great.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I use that too.. works fine.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AndrewCJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I can't have my tunes with me on the road, then it's a no go for the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i V-TEC is music to my ears

but times where theres traffic my FM Transmitter works great, i get a Lot of base off my iPod theres tricks to gettin a G.O.O.D. quaLity sound. 1) onLy have ur voLume of ur iPod haLf way to max, 2) tune ur EquaLizer on ur iPod and RSX, 3)and find a G.O.O.D. FM channeL

IMO dont buy the car if thats how u choose, buy a 2000 Honda Civic and put a system in it, not on a RSX tho
Old 09-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Switch to a head unit from a base model RSX. They can be gotten for pretty cheap. You also need to get one of those converters that are out there. PIE makes a pretty good one. The entire set up can cost around $200. It is not cheap but I think its a much better alternative to an FM modulator.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:45 PM

Default Re: iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo? (a2_DC5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by a2_DC5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i V-TEC is music to my ears

but times where theres traffic my FM Transmitter works great, i get a Lot of base off my iPod theres tricks to gettin a G.O.O.D. quaLity sound. 1) onLy have ur voLume of ur iPod haLf way to max, 2) tune ur EquaLizer on ur iPod and RSX, 3)and find a G.O.O.D. FM channeL

IMO dont buy the car if thats how u choose, buy a 2000 Honda Civic and put a system in it, not on a RSX tho </TD></TR></TABLE>
don't you get static though with those FM Transmitters?

i gotta play around with my ipod connect through the tape deck..i should leave the volume on the ipod half and play with the EQ..cuz right now i have the ipod volume on MAX and the EQ is on like R&B and it sounds alright but i know it can be better.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont get static, I hate the tape deck, the cord that connects to the iPod isn't FULLY attached, the tape sounds Loud and it reduces sound quaLity, but yea get it at haLf way, or a LiL more than haLf way and spend 30min and fins the best frequency, mess around wit the best EQ setup for both ur iPod and RSX headunit
Old 09-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pat.ter.rick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i use the car tape adapter..works great.</TD></TR></TABLE>

see i thought about going that route but i dont know how it would sounds i mean some people tell me its coo and some tell me it sucks ***....i seriously wanna know how it sounds.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:32 AM

Default Re: iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo? (justink4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justink4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Switch to a head unit from a base model RSX. They can be gotten for pretty cheap. </TD></TR></TABLE>
That sounds like a good idea. You could probably even find a base owner who would want to trade.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:06 AM

Default Re: iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo? (BarracksSi)

Or just spend the extra money and buy a new deck, get a new slew of features, and buy the adaptor. Stupid easy to wire in one positive (+) and one negative (-) and you are completely done... well besides plugging it in.

Rich
Old 09-05-2006, 03:55 PM

Default Re: iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo? (SJcivic)

I am using the Ipod tape adapter..looking into other options..if the tape adapter charged the ipod I would be happy, but it doesn't...so I will keep searching my options
Old 09-05-2006, 04:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pat.ter.rick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
sorry but that is just stupid..just cuz the type s can't use the IP bus connector or the rca cable doesn't mean that you should not get it...there is more to the car man..

i use the car tape adapter..works great.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's really no need to call me stupid. Honda manufactures an iPod input device for it's honda models. I don't see why they couldn't do the same for their Acuras. The Civic SI has the option available as does the s2000.

Having my music with me is very important.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AndrewCJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

There's really no need to call me stupid. Honda manufactures an iPod input device for it's honda models. I don't see why they couldn't do the same for their Acuras. The Civic SI has the option available as does the s2000.

Having my music with me is very important.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
well...if you read my post carefully..i did not call you stupid..i said that what you posted was stupid...and yes they should of added the ipod option for the rsx-s...

like i said. the Tape Adapter works great in the RSX-S
Old 09-05-2006, 08:49 PM

to get the best sound, your best bet is to use the FM modulator which sends signal through your factory antenna input...

wireless fm transmitters and cassette adpaters are easy to work with but wont give you the best sound.....

another thing I suggest is get the Alpine CDA-9857 which already comes IPOD ready so all you need is an IPOD connection cable and you have full control of your IPOD straight from the head unit... I would trade any factory 6 disc changer for it.... it has way superior sound quality than the factory....

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-q...n.asp
Old 09-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a tape adapter & it works well, and it's very cheap.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo? (LazyDC5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LazyDC5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">see i thought about going that route but i dont know how it would sounds i mean some people tell me its coo and some tell me it sucks ***....i seriously wanna know how it sounds. </TD></TR></TABLE>

its G.O.O.D. nuff....
Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo?

hey i just came across this. im confused tho, in the description it says except type s, with no cd changer. i didnt kno type s came without the cd changer for 05-06. so i guess, has anyone tried this, positive or negative. i dont want to take out my headunit, i want to stay as stock as possible, or at least as honda manufacturer as possible. no aftermarket head unit.

http://gromaudio.com/store/aux_adapt...nterface_.html

one more thing, wats the difference between the base model rsx and the type s head units.i might jus go with a base model head unit, if this wont work with my type s unit. thanks
Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I also use a tape adapter. Works great for me
Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Since i bought my rsx brand new in 2002, i switched out the deck the 2nd day i owned it. I was very disappointed in how it sounded playing any source. I swapped in an Alpine deck, noting else and the sound quality literally doubled.

Since then, i changed to a newer unit with Ipod control. The cord goes into the glove box. Works perfect, i couldn't be happier with the sound, and easy of use, and full function of the ipod through the deck......cost $180

Yes, swapping in the non S stereo mounting frame also makes for a clean install

Old 04-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I find it disappointing that a lot of newer cars don't have the tape decks. It wasn't a selling point for me but I ended up being really glad that my 04 RSX S had the tape deck. It's a really easy way to get decent sound quality out of an mp3 player. Way better than FM transmitters which I had to use in other cars.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by maswell
I find it disappointing that a lot of newer cars don't have the tape decks. It wasn't a selling point for me but I ended up being really glad that my 04 RSX S had the tape deck. It's a really easy way to get decent sound quality out of an mp3 player. Way better than FM transmitters which I had to use in other cars.
Serious? New cars often have direct ipod hookup, and most cars have at least an AUX input, those are cleaner sound than any tape deck connection Tapes have been out for more than a decade.

The stock oem radio i svery lacking, and the addition of "any" aftermarket deck will improve sound by leaps and bounds, as well as add many of the new features of today, ie Sat Radio
Old 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

CD

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iPod Hookup for RSX Type S stock stereo?