Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Hytech's all-motor kit

Old 05-15-2003, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hytech's all-motor kit

Check it out:

http://www.vtec.net/articles/v...01836

2.0 liters, 12:1, 91 octane. Numbers are Dynapack, but a stock car on the same dyno is shown for comparison. Who needs FI for a street car?

C_A_T

Old 05-15-2003, 01:09 PM
mhx
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hytech's all-motor kit (C_A_T)

WOW!.. Whats Hytech website? Will they do something for the A3?
Old 05-15-2003, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Hytech's all-motor kit (mhx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mhx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WOW!.. Whats Hytech website? Will they do something for the A3?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hope they'll have something cool for the A3.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:24 PM

They need to develop a kit like this for the k20a3
Old 05-15-2003, 01:30 PM
NA gs-R 05 C

Default Re: Hytech's all-motor kit (Josh02Si)

damn, thats one good motor package. props to hytech
Old 05-15-2003, 01:58 PM

Nice...Anyone got 7G's they can lend me...
Old 05-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (SleeperRSX)

http://www.hytechexhaust.com/
Old 05-15-2003, 08:26 PM

Default Re:

heh! i wanna hear the dc2 die hards tell us that the future isn't in the K-series now. where are they?? this type of performance will put even the F to rest.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Hytech's all-motor kit (NA gs-R 05 C)

that was a cool vid.. but what in the world is the civic type S, on that sign over his back during the vid????
Old 05-16-2003, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Hytech's all-motor kit (George Knighton)

Shawn Church says roughly 10hp higher on dynapack than dynojet. Which is what I have also seen only on charts posted online, I have never seen a dynapack in action.

I think you already know, but the dynapack more accurately measures than dynojet as the variables created by wheels and tyres (tires!) is removed.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:22 AM

Yep, just note the stock car shown in comparison. Both were dyno'd on the same dyno (mine :-).

Usual difference is about 10 hp more. The chart says "flywheel", but if the TCF is set to 1.0 (transmission correction factor), then what you see is what was measured at the hubs. The TCF allows you to put a correction back to crank power if you want, but that's a bogus way to do things IMO.

Either way, a 90 hp gain over stock is pretty amazing. I can't wait to get a test drive.

SC
Old 05-16-2003, 11:07 AM

make me wanna go all motor now!!..haha......
Old 05-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hytech's all-motor kit (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can somebody give me a clue: How do Dynapak figures compare to Dynojet, generally? About the same?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've actually dyno'd on a Dynapack 3000 before at Motorsports Dynamic here in Sacramento. Church has stated that his will read higher than a Dynojet. But my local Dynapack owner, Henry Chung, informed me that his reads "1-2% lower than a Dynojet". Here is my graph:

Peak #'s are 160.4hp and 119.4tq. I only had the basic I/H/C/E, 18 deg advance, no p/s belt. Runs were done in 4th gear.

Do those #'s and the graph look "right" to you guys?

On a final note, I just want to say that it isn't always a good idea to compare two different types of dyno's from two different parts of the country. As revealed in a recent issue of Turbo magazine, even two Dynojets can have significant differences in readings. You can check out the online version here.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Hytech's all-motor kit (96dc2)

looks right to me
Old 05-17-2003, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Hytech's all-motor kit (96dc2)

the dynapak should read higher...and I've been to Shawn's shop a few times...and it does read higher....without wheels attached there is less inertia to overcome and that gives you a higher reading. Shawn's rule of thumb seems to be that the diff is around 10hp.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:40 PM
"Haters Gonna Hate"

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice
Old 05-20-2003, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The problem's believing anything Hytech says after that awful thread in the ITR Forum where he admitted lying to us and acted like we weren't supposed to take it seriously.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Could you point me in the direction of that thread? I thought Hytech was supposed to be a top notch company, but then again, it does say Endyn did his cylinder head work
Old 05-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (lube)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lube &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Could you point me in the direction of that thread? I thought Hytech was supposed to be a top notch company, but then again, it does say Endyn did his cylinder head work </TD></TR></TABLE>

Trying to be nice...but it just shows how much research you've done.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Global Moderator

FWIW, I visited Hytech a year ago. Or maybe it was two years ago, forgive me I'm beginning to get senile. At any rate, it was before I had seen John post on the board.

Anyway, the point of my ramblings is this:

John dropped what he was doing to come and introduce himself to me and show me around. I could see that he had a lot of projects going on and yet he was a gracious host to me (a visitor who just happened to drop by unexpectedly). The customer service he had was top notch and went above and beyond what is expected of retailers.

Now I agree that online he seems to have an entirely different persona, but after meeting him face to face I would not hesistate to use Hytech products on any of my vehicles.

Just my $0.02.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:18 AM

Do you have a link to this thread? I am interested in his products but I don't wanna get ripped off. I have already been screwed out of 3k on another motor (not by hytech), and I don't want this to happen again.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Re: (Twenty36_1)

that looks like unreal gains. If it can be verified when the kit hits retail shelves I'll give him credit.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (Twenty36_1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Twenty36_1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you have a link to this thread? I am interested in his products but I don't wanna get ripped off. I have already been screwed out of 3k on another motor (not by hytech), and I don't want this to happen again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He is a very serious race shop...George and a few others have issues with John's internet persona, I like John a lot, but he hasn't been very good on this board with his posting since everyone told him that he was full of BS that his header and exhaust would gain 20whp, and has allowed his emotions to cloud what he was saying(not to mention the slipped disc he had at the time and was on serious pain killers).

I'm sure that once he has finished his R&D on this product you will have a complete price for everything that he is offering, the only complaint that I have ever heard on his products is that you have a long wait time, which he has remedied by hiring another top notch fabricator.

Austin - who continues to remain loyal to a product that gives what was promised
Old 05-20-2003, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Re: (TypeSH)

I'll take Shawn Church's word for it. I've been through dyno testing/r&d work with Shawn and Doug (from Hondata) and Shawn remains very objective in his work. He's posted quite a bit (clubrsx.com) to substantiate the claims made by Hytech thus far. Maybe there was an issue in the past. That was then, this is now. I don't think a rational person would put their name and company on the line again to this community if they know people are wary of their past.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (F1HONDA)

dyna pack blows it was like 25 hp down from the dj for me.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:45 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OK. Here's the Readers Digest Condensed version.

John perpetrated a hoax on the board, had a huge long drawn out, five-page fight with people here, tried to drag another vendor's name through the mud, and then kind of said that he was just kidding and that it was a plot between him and the other vendor to get attention.

Being the kind of person I am, I took strong exception to the members of the board being treated that way, especially learning that the other vendor had no idea what John was talking about as far as trying to get publicity by yelling at each other on Honda Tech.

I really hate things like that, and I think that we and the people whom we accept as vendors owe the membership the highest standards of sportsmanlike conduct and ethical behaviour.

Having said all that, however....

There's no sign that you should be afraid of being ripped off if you buy from Hytech. The only recent case of a mixup that I'm aware of, they admitted the problem immediately and corrected it by shipping a new part immediately.

An acquaintance of John's has also intimated that John was on serious pain medication at the time of his first appearance here, and that he probably wasn't feeling his very best when he started posting here.

John has also dropped a couple of hints recently that he might actually enjoy being a part of the community. All I can say to that is everybody makes mistakes, and I'd be an idiot not to know that.

As a poster up above pretty much said, "The past is in the past." I will try not to mention it anymore.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wise old man..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hytech's all-motor kit