Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

civic 2001- need to reset the panic mode (does not work)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic 2001- need to reset the panic mode (does not work)

Honda civic 2001 LX, door open and locks OK.
have an factory fitted Alarm system (by HONDA)
when you press the door lock on the remote twice, it locks the doors and then beeps / horn gives a sound (parking lights flash), alarm is armed.
The horn beeps/ horn gives a sound (parking lights flash) stopped a couple of days ago.. This has happened before, took the car to Honda, the turned the key to the start and then press some buttons and reset the alarm (or should i say the panic mode).
They did not show me how to do it. NOW i need to know how to do it.

I took the car to Honda to show me how to do it, and they try to pull the stunt that we need to take the engine down to see why it is not working?

Told them just show me how to reset it? and he says oh no i don't know how to reset the panic mode, let me find out.

Next he says he need to trouble shoot the Alarm, check the engine etc... wow

Can anyone give me the steps to reset the panic mode in the Honda civic 2001 Please?

Thanks
Old 11-25-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: civic 2001- need to reset the panic mode (Majnu)

Just a thought that works on most other alarms turn the ignition on and off 5 times cause thats how you reset the alarm if you dont have your remote but you have your key. You dont have to start it just from the off to the on position. let me know ill check with my service techs if it doesnt work
Old 12-03-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: civic 2001- need to reset the panic mode (HondaSales21)

HI

Thanks for the info. Tried it and it made no difference.

i did press the panic button on the remote and the alarm sounds away, no problems there.

The doors do lock /open when i press the lock /unlock buttons on the remote, but it seems the alarm does not arm.

As stated before this has happened before a few times, and at Honda they just inserted the key in the ignition, turned it ..., (but where, what position?)
then press the door lock on the remote, (how many times?) to reset it.

Thats all that was shown to me...
i cannot remember exactly but there is a RED LED just above the horn/ steering wheel, i thought at some point that light has to come ON and then the above steps are done, but i have tried so many times, but cant find the spot where the LED comes on with the key in the ignition.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

(maybe i should not have had an original honda alarm installed)?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic 2001- need to reset the panic mode (HondaSales21)

Originally Posted by Majnu
HI

Thanks for the info. Tried it and it made no difference.

i did press the panic button on the remote and the alarm sounds away, no problems there.

The doors do lock /open when i press the lock /unlock buttons on the remote, but it seems the alarm does not arm.

As stated before this has happened before a few times, and at Honda they just inserted the key in the ignition, turned it ..., (but where, what position?)
then press the door lock on the remote, (how many times?) to reset it.

Thats all that was shown to me...
i cannot remember exactly but there is a RED LED just above the horn/ steering wheel, i thought at some point that light has to come ON and then the above steps are done, but i have tried so many times, but cant find the spot where the LED comes on with the key in the ignition.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

(maybe i should not have had an original honda alarm installed)?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic 2001- need to reset the panic mode (does not work)

Just bought a 2004 honda civic si and found out that I have the same problem. I can lock and unlock the doors, the horn sounds if i press lock button two times after closing the doors and panic button also works but alarm doesn't go wild if I hit my car or try to open the door without a key. anyone please help
Old 06-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic 2001- need to reset the panic mode (does not work)

.. In for a fix, just cause I have a 05 type S and my lights will flash if I use key to unlock once I use the key fob to lock the doors. But no horn or beep when I double press the lock button or open the door once alarm is set.. Maybe the reset will fix mine as well.