Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

peakbboost turbo kit for ep3?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default peakbboost turbo kit for ep3?

ok as you guys know or well some of you i had a slipping clutch. im getting that fixed next week with a stage 2 clutch. but i was looking around and wanna buy a turbo kit soon. i noticed peakboost has a kit for the rsx. its looks freaking sick becuase the manifold comes out to the side where the turbo mounts. i was wondering if it will work with the ep3. heres the link http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net/peacrsxcotuk.html
Old 03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
DC5/EP3 MOD :)

Default Re: peakbboost turbo kit for ep3?

yes it will... k20 is k20 but you will have prob;ems with the intercooler piping and will have to make custom ones probably. But I've seen the sidewinder manifold on the ep3 and know someone doing one right now!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn are for real? i gotta see whats up then cuz i want every pennny i spend count
Old 03-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Surje.motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there maybe some other modifications you may have to do in order for it to work too. but you will be able to use on the ep
Old 03-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

weltell over on ephatch has a biuld k20a2 with a fullrace kit in a ep3....peak boost is just a copy of the fullrace kit imo. things to think about....

1)Heat wrap....buy a ton of it and wrap the hell out of everything...dumb place to put a turbo imo...
2) your down pipe is not going to match.....going to need a mod there...
3) the peak boost and the fullrace kits do not have a good exost dump, more fabing needed there.
4) you are going to need to fab some of the ic pipes, the ep3 and dc5 have different nose sheet metal....

If you do not have a lot of fad knowlage, Its best to walk away from these kits....It took weltell months to install his kit right and he is a trained gunship tech......pick up a revhard kit, It is much more complete and closer to being a bolt in kit.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:35 AM
JCL
Honda-Tech Member

why dont u call ken at peakboost and see if he can work something for you
Old 03-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Surje.motorsports

Originally Posted by mustclime
weltell over on ephatch has a biuld k20a2 with a fullrace kit in a ep3....peak boost is just a copy of the fullrace kit imo. things to think about....

1)Heat wrap....buy a ton of it and wrap the hell out of everything...dumb place to put a turbo imo...
2) your down pipe is not going to match.....going to need a mod there...
3) the peak boost and the fullrace kits do not have a good exost dump, more fabing needed there.
4) you are going to need to fab some of the ic pipes, the ep3 and dc5 have different nose sheet metal....

If you do not have a lot of fad knowlage, Its best to walk away from these kits....It took weltell months to install his kit right and he is a trained gunship tech......pick up a revhard kit, It is much more complete and closer to being a bolt in kit.
where wuf u put the turbo then? Side mount turbos look awesome and the is more space for the then trying to shove them behind the motor right up against the firewall!!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JCL
why dont u call ken at peakboost and see if he can work something for you
do they have a number. im just thinking right now. like how much money everything is going to cost me. i need to buy bigger injectors since this peakboost kit does not bring them and get kpro installed aswell. a wideband also and a boost gauge. yalda yalda yaa.

i love that side mount for the turbo i think it looks freaking amazing
Old 03-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nahonda04
where wuf u put the turbo then? Side mount turbos look awesome and the is more space for the then trying to shove them behind the motor right up against the firewall!!
Looking awsome is great if you are a ricer but dumb if you are looking for a reliable kit.....the best place for a turbo imo is where cybernation put thiers. They put it down low away from all the crap you can burn up. You had to lower the sub frame to install it but there were no issues with cooking things in the under hood area. They are out of bissness so its revhead.

Last edited by mustclime; 03-12-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Surje.motorsports

Looking awsome is great if you are a ricer but dumb if you are looking for a reliable kit.....the best place for a turbo imo is where cybernation put thiers. They put it down low away from all the crap you can burn up. You had to lower the sub frame to install it but there were no issues with cooking things in the under hood area. They are out of bissness so its revhead.
yep thats why full race made the side mount kit because its unreliable...way to focus on only one thing i said...people can always wire tuck the engine bay too so none of the things would "burn up"....

so having a side mount turbo kit is ricer...pffftt, right....please alert full race their kits are ricer for me...cuz this pic below is sick and if thats what rice is, sign me up....so do u sack ride cybernation and revhard kits???

btw way this ricer kit made over 420whp on a rough tune

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/ind...ath=22_718_761

Last edited by nahonda04; 03-12-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yep thats why full race made the side mount kit because its unreliable...way to focus on only one thing i said...people can always wire tuck the engine bay too so none of the things would "burn up"....

so having a side mount turbo kit is ricer...pffftt, right....please alert full race their kits are ricer for me...cuz this pic below is sick and if thats what rice is, sign me up....so do u sack ride cybernation and revhard kits???

btw way this ricer kit made over 420whp on a rough tune

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/ind...ath=22_718_761

wow thats one fast ricer. count me in i looking into being in the 420 whp club lol. have u guys herd of gardian. he uses peakboost and make over 500whp
Old 03-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Surje.motorsports

Originally Posted by kobeballer96
wow thats one fast ricer. count me in i looking into being in the 420 whp club lol. have u guys herd of gardian. he uses peakboost and make over 500whp
yeah i posted his ep on here last week
Old 03-13-2009, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks nice, to bad its not a ep3. The under hood area in the ep3 is so much smaller than the early cars. IMO, Full Race is just that, ether for race cars or show cars. If you dd them, you have to worry about stupid things like your valve cover gasket melting and motor rock stressinging and snapping all those long runner tubes that are suporting that big heavy turbo.....all this really means nothing though, sticking a huge turbo kit on a stock k20a3 is just plain dumb with out a backup motor sitting in your back pocket. K20a3's tend to have shortened life spands at much over 300whp....they will do it with a good tune but you are at the limit. At the limit = one bad take of gas, a stickie blowoff valve and alike will result rod inspection ports........
Old 03-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Surje.motorsports

Looks nice, to bad its not a ep3. The under hood area in the ep3 is so much smaller than the early cars. IMO, Full Race is just that, ether for race cars or show cars. If you dd them, you have to worry about stupid things like your valve cover gasket melting and motor rock stressinging and snapping all those long runner tubes that are suporting that big heavy turbo.....all this really means nothing though, sticking a huge turbo kit on a stock k20a3 is just plain dumb with out a backup motor sitting in your back pocket. K20a3's tend to have shortened life spands at much over 300whp....they will do it with a good tune but you are at the limit. At the limit = one bad take of gas, a stickie blowoff valve and alike will result rod inspection ports........
Whatever man people build k20a3's all the time and they are reliable. 300whp is pretty damn good if ur hiting that in a turbod ep3. Agn wire tuck will help avoid these things. I am not saying he will wven hit 300 whp but it will be reliable more ewliable if he went an all motor route. Personally i would go jrsc with an ep3!!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Whatever man people build k20a3's all the time and they are reliable. 300whp is pretty damn good if ur hiting that in a turbod ep3. Agn wire tuck will help avoid these things. I am not saying he will wven hit 300 whp but it will be reliable more ewliable if he went an all motor route. Personally i would go jrsc with an ep3!!
lol mabey i just take that route since it better but it wont be as fast and cool souding. oh i noticed u had ur car tuned by Innovative-Motorworks. my friend adam went there too in his green ek hatch hes pushing over 400whp in that boosted ek. do you know him?
Old 03-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Surje.motorsports

Originally Posted by kobeballer96
lol mabey i just take that route since it better but it wont be as fast and cool souding. oh i noticed u had ur car tuned by Innovative-Motorworks. my friend adam went there too in his green ek hatch hes pushing over 400whp in that boosted ek. do you know him?
Idk him but he was getting tuned before me the day i was there. Sounded sick!!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Idk him but he was getting tuned before me the day i was there. Sounded sick!!
yay he live by me. we go crusin all the time lol mustangs try to pull on him haha and at the end they just scratchin there heads like damn i just got beat by a 4 banger lol
Old 03-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm doing my Peakboost GT3076 install right now...I'll let you know
Old 03-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 03K20A3Si
I'm doing my Peakboost GT3076 install right now...I'll let you know
sweet. yup let me kno how that goes
Old 03-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

here is a thread of a dc5 install over on k20.org....

http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32836
Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ur my hero! lol no homo
Old 03-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Surje.motorsports

he is on HT too