Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Acura RSX sunroof rust

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura RSX sunroof rust

I have a 2002 Acura RSX type S and have had the sunroof replaced for rust and the 2nd one is also rusting. I was wanting to know if there are others out there with the same problem and may not even know about it. If you wanting to see if your's is rusting you'll need to look under the black rubber seal that goes around the sunroof. In front of where the water drains from the glass is where it is worst. I hope Acura is going to do something about this other than keep replacing the sunroof with the same defective part.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Acura RSX sunroof rust (cobra991)

there are lemon laws protecting you from defects like these.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Acura RSX sunroof rust (cobra991)

you don't want to know how many times I have done the lemon law on other cars. besides, I just want them to put in a sunroof that won't rust. And it can't be just my car since they put in a brand new sunroof and it rusted too, everyone with this sunroof is going to get rust sooner or later, it's just a matter of time. Acura needs to do a recall, but since the problem is so hidden by the rubber seal nobody is going to see it till way after the lemon law allows and Acura won't see it as a big enough problem to do a recall (which sucks)

Modified by cobra991 at 1:21 PM 3/30/2005
Old 03-31-2005, 05:35 PM

WOW. i will have to look at this on the one i just purchased.. Interesting, go to pick it up next weekend will take a look..