Notices
Acura NSX Honda / Acura NSX 1990 - 2005 || Honda / Acura NSX 2017 -

best place to buy new oem NSX rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best place to buy new oem NSX rims

where is the cheapest place to buy new nsx rims either jdm or usdm. im thinking bout getting some for my car
Old 09-18-2008, 06:14 PM

Default Re: best place to buy new oem NSX rims (Quickridez_3)

dali racing sells the 02+ type r rims for about 4k, usdm 02+ rims at the dealer retail for about 5200 i believe, used can be had 1400-2000 depending on condition/tires,

what style of oem nsx rims are you looking for and why do you want them to be new?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Painting Masterpieces

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: best place to buy new oem NSX rims (DisturbedK24)

I wouldn't touch Dali Racing with a 10 foot pole. That guy has a long history of outright theft and including stealing from yours truly - still owes me over a grand.

You can buy from him but don't expect to ever receive what you've purchased.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have two sets of them in my garage and would entertain letting a set go for the right price. I'm in Seattle as well.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best place to buy new oem NSX rims (fastfour)

how much would you be willing to let 4 fronts go for. and what finish are they?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quickridez_3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much would you be willing to let 4 fronts go for. and what finish are they? </TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread/2401957

Price is obo.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh nice my friend has one nsx wheel he bought from the dealer for like 50 bucks lol would you sell three without tires jk well how much without tires and would you take any trades? what do i need to run these on my type r cuz i thought there center part is machined larger then factory spec on itrs
Old 10-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm willing to work with you on the tire issue. No modification is necessary to run them on the R. The center bore for the nsx front is the same as ITR so you're good to go.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there was a thread on a while back and theyre different thats why i didnt do it before. Online theres a site that sell oem brand new from a store theyre 2001 Acura NSX 16" x 7" Alloy Wheel for 179.99 with warrenty

so how much would you take since i really only need 3 and theyre used. If you throw me a good enough price id be willing to pick them up

where you located
Old 10-08-2008, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm in Seattle. Those online prices are for replica's, not OEM and are often much heavier than stock. These are original OEM forged wheels, not cast replicas.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nope there oem real lol well let me know what your willing to come off. if the price is decent then ill get them if not ill pass since i dont really have the extra spending money. but i do have some parts like type r case or lsd , aem ems that kind of stuff so let me know and we can make a deal happen
Old 10-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can promise you they aren't real for that price. They are definitely a cast wheel not from Honda. If you want fakes go for it. If you want the real thing let me know.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No modification is necessary to run them on the R. The center bore for the nsx front is the same as ITR so you're good to go. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not true. The center bore for the NSX front is 70.1 mm and for the ITR it's 64.1 mm. So you can mount them, but they won't be hubcentric, and thus will be susceptible to vibrations.

I tried mounting front NSX rims on the ITR, and they rubbed on the suspension in the rear. I have extra NSX wheels and I gave up trying to make them work on the ITR. Too many problems to deal with.

Modified by nsxtasy at 4:24 PM 10/8/2008
Old 10-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best place to buy new oem NSX rims (nsxtasy)

I had my center bore's mixed up. Front is 70, rear is 64. They will still fit, you may just need to use a spacer. Most aftermarket wheels aren't hubcentric anyway. If you're lugs are torqued down it shouldn't be an issue.

The nsx rear offset is 60mm and I believe the stock ITR wheel offset is 55mm. If your's were rubbing I imagine you were trying to fit rears b/c they are 8.5 inches wide instead of 7 inches wide (which should fit w/o problems).

Modified by fastfour at 2:13 PM 10/8/2008
Old 10-08-2008, 01:30 PM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They will still fit, you may just need to use a spacer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

In which case you may need to replace the lugs with extended ones, and then the lug nuts with open ended ones. And you will still have a different size hub and center bore.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most aftermarket wheels aren't hubcentric anyway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, many aftermarket wheels are hubcentric. And those that aren't, come with hubcentric rings to restore the hubcentricity.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you're lugs are torqued down it shouldn't be an issue.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't be sure of that. I've known many, many people who followed all the proper procedures when tightening the lug nuts, and still had ongoing problems with vibrations due to the lack of hubcentric wheels. Some others lucked out and didn't. The possibility is real.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The nsx rear offset is 60mm and I believe the stock ITR wheel offset is 55mm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, the stock ITR wheel offset is 50 mm.

Don't go into selling wheels.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your's were rubbing I imagine you were trying to fit rears b/c they are 8.5 inches wide instead of 7 inches wide (which should fit w/o problems).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope. I checked and they were fronts that rubbed on the suspension.

Like I said, I wanted to be able to use NSX rims on my ITR. (I was hoping that I could share track tires between the ITR and the NSX front.) But there were too many workarounds and problems and serious risks, so I gave up.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, I stand corrected on most points. Many do run w/o hubcentric wheels and do fine. I've put thousands of miles on track with them and with proper torque specs I was fine. A 5mm spacer should fix your fitment issue.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:35 PM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A 5mm spacer should fix your fitment issue.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not necessarily. If you haven't tried it, you can't be sure. And you also will still have all the other issues previously noted.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If your wheel was rubbing on your suspension it was probably due to the offset, since ITR offset is 50, and the stock front NSX wheel is 60. I'm guessing pushing them out 5mm may clear your suspension by giving you an effective offset of 55. The only other issue is the center bore, which could be a non issue depending on application.

Modified by fastfour at 2:59 PM 10/8/2008
Old 10-08-2008, 01:59 PM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your wheel was rubbing on your suspension it was probably due to the offset, since ITR offset is 50, and the stock front NSX wheel is 60.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong again. The stock offset on the NSX front wheel is +55 mm.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm guessing pushing them out 5mm may clear your suspension by giving you an effective offset of 55.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe this guy needs more than just guesses, most of which turn out to be wrong.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only other issue is the center bore, which could be a non issue depending on application.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As noted above, the center bore may very well turn out to be a significant issue.

Modified by nsxtasy at 8:13 AM 10/10/2008
Old 10-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No need to use the hammer. I'm just off on my some of my measurements and this thread is good to get some accurate info out there. I never said I've tried this personally. All I'm saying is that if you're rubbing on your suspension it is obviously an offset issue. So, a 5mm spacer will actually put you at an effective offset of 50 which is stock for the ITR right? I'm just trying to get this ironed out so as not to misinform anyone.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Ti...h.htm

edited to add nsxprime info.

Modified by fastfour at 3:51 PM 10/8/2008
Old 10-08-2008, 02:40 PM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All I'm saying is that if you're rubbing on your suspension it is obviously an offset issue. So, a 5mm spacer will actually put you at an effective offset of 50 which is stock for the ITR right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, that's wrong. It would only be an offset issue if the wheels were the same width. But they aren't; ITR wheels are 15x6, whereas NSX front wheels are 15x6.5, which means that from the mounting point, they stick out 6.35 mm more in the front, and 6.35 mm more in the rear. That means that measured from the mounting surface, the NSX wheels "stick in" by 11.35 mm more than the ITR wheels, 5 mm because of the offset and 6.35 mm because of the added width. So - aside from the hubcentricity issue - a 5 mm spacer might or might not be enough to clear the suspension.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Actually the NSX wheels I have are 95's which are 16X7.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:26 PM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastfour &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually the NSX wheels I have are 95's which are 16X7.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Which "stick in" towards the car by 17.7 mm more than the stock ITR wheels, so they are even less likely to work with only a 5 mm spacer. In fact, I can guarantee they won't work with a 5 mm spacer, since they "stick in" more than the 15x6.5 without a spacer, which doesn't work.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Painting Masterpieces

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: best place to buy new oem NSX rims

Wouldn't it be nice to figure out the details without an escalation of insults. C'mon guys, you can differ while still being civil.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best place to buy new oem NSX rims (Ponyboy)

I've been nothing but civil. I'm just trying to make sure everyone is informed. No harm is intended on my part.

Quick Reply: best place to buy new oem NSX rims