Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

skunk2 pro c vs tein flex vs buddy club racing spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 skunk2 pro c vs tein flex vs buddy club racing spec

hi i'm looking into buying a suspension for my itr but i don't know witch one to get. my options are ether the skunk2 pro c , tein flex or buddy club racing spec. what do u guys recommend by your personal experience on these two regarding comfort stability and quality . your feedback will be gladly appreciated.

Last edited by K-ITR; 01-19-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: skunk2 pro c vs tein flex

i have the pro c's on my itr and it rides like a dream even when its sitting on the floor
Old 01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: skunk2 pro c vs tein flex vs buddy club racing spec

tein ss.....or since its s show car..ksport...tein flex and bc racing spec are "racing" suspension...not show car suspension....lol
Old 01-19-2011, 06:57 PM

its a suspension dude under the car why would it need to look good under there. for comfort i would go with the pro c recently switched over way better
Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rene1123
its a suspension dude under the car why would it need to look good under there. for comfort i would go with the pro c recently switched over way better
I think what he meant by show was how low those can go. Usually racing suspension you can't go so low.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i meant that you dont need a set of 2000 dollar coilovers for a street car thats just gonna be hard parked at car shows...i like skunks cause u can get custom drag racing springs..ive been on a integra with tein SS on the floor..and on soft it was like stock..on hard the car was awesome...and they only go for 1200 or less...ive been riding on skunk 2 pro s since they came out with no complains so pro c should be better...
Old 01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my car is not a show car.so please ignore my frien on the top post.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you need something with drag racing springs to hold the weight from that heavy sound system...jaja

get tein super street and stop waisting this peoples time...
Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I swear there's a suspension question in this forum every week.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueIntegraBoy
I swear there's a suspension question in this forum every week.
they aren't even good questions either, like this guy.......who knows what he really wants?

if someone says

i want to make the car more neutral

okay, can help

i want to make the rear come around easier

okay, can help

i want to reduce body roll with stickier tires

okay, can help

please help me decide between these 3 brands, i have no clue what i'm after and want to spend money

okay, my paypal address is............
Old 01-20-2011, 06:54 AM
I said I don't want a title!

OP, what are you doing with your car, exactly? How can we answer your question when we have no idea what it is you are looking for?

And I find it amazing that most folks who chime in on these suspension posts have no freaking clue what they are talking about.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Todd00
OP, what are you doing with your car, exactly? How can we answer your question when we have no idea what it is you are looking for?

And I find it amazing that most folks who chime in on these suspension posts have no freaking clue what they are talking about.
thank u. finally someone who thinks before answering a question. i will daily drive my car basically and i want the car to be firm in a way that i don't get body roll in case that i go to the track when ever i choose to do so.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

koni yellows, stock springs. /thread.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

stock springs will be too soft. the koni sports are a given, it's just what rate to put the ground controls at. what tires are you going to be using? generally the softer the rubber the higher you take the rate. which direction you bias the car also has a lot to do with your preference and intended use.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:24 AM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I also like how people recommend the Pro-C kit, but God forbid someone run a $600 coilover on their ITR.

Pro-C = Pro-S II with Damper adjustments... and not very good ones either.

Last edited by 2LEM1; 01-21-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by racebum
stock springs will be too soft. the koni sports are a given, it's just what rate to put the ground controls at. what tires are you going to be using? generally the softer the rubber the higher you take the rate. which direction you bias the car also has a lot to do with your preference and intended use.
Have you ever driven an ITR with stock springs and Koni Yellows? I assure you that it is a very capable setup and you don't notice the springrate at all until you push the car 9/10ths or more.

Heck, you can even lower the car with Koni Yellows on OEM springs by using the lowest perch setting.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by K-ITR
thank u. finally someone who thinks before answering a question. i will daily drive my car basically and i want the car to be firm in a way that i don't get body roll in case that i go to the track when ever i choose to do so.
Koni Yellows with something like 350/350 springrates will provide a decent ride and still be trackable on the weekends.

A daily driver/weekend track car is like running all-season tires year round. They are 'ok' in most instances, but perfect in none. Basically, you'll be making a compromise with whatever you decide to do.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Koni Yellows with something like 350/350 springrates will provide a decent ride and still be trackable on the weekends.

A daily driver/weekend track car is like running all-season tires year round. They are 'ok' in most instances, but perfect in none. Basically, you'll be making a compromise with whatever you decide to do.
I like this post. Very plain and simple English. People need to understand what they "want". Sure if you have the money and want to spend it by all means but you should understand if you buy a "racing" setup, it may or not be as comfortable ride on the street. When people don't understand what they are getting for what they are paying, and find out it's not what they actually expected, then they usually start ranting on how the product "sucks".

A fine example of customer service and customer satisfaction. It's just a general reference from past experiences in retail and mgmt.

So all in all, understand what you want, what you're actually buying, and what your expectations are. Opinions can range from oranges to apples so don't base your decision on just opinions, but technical reviews and feedback on how they are actually intended to perform.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redlinetuning
I like this post. Very plain and simple English. People need to understand what they "want". Sure if you have the money and want to spend it by all means but you should understand if you buy a "racing" setup, it may or not be as comfortable ride on the street. When people don't understand what they are getting for what they are paying, and find out it's not what they actually expected, then they usually start ranting on how the product "sucks".

A fine example of customer service and customer satisfaction. It's just a general reference from past experiences in retail and mgmt.

So all in all, understand what you want, what you're actually buying, and what your expectations are. Opinions can range from oranges to apples so don't base your decision on just opinions, but technical reviews and feedback on how they are actually intended to perform.
thank you. this is the best response that i ha hear over the entire post so far, and that's a wise opinion you gave me that will help me make decision for me to make.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're welcome. I honestly hate it when people suggest parts when a: they really don't know what the requester wants. Or b: they make the suggestion because it's what they would get.

Don't get me wrong there were valid suggestions given the right reasons, so I hope you find and get what you're looking for and will be happy with it. Please post what you get and do with the new suspension.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Have you ever driven an ITR with stock springs and Koni Yellows? I assure you that it is a very capable setup and you don't notice the springrate at all until you push the car 9/10ths or more.

Heck, you can even lower the car with Koni Yellows on OEM springs by using the lowest perch setting.
yes, it's fine, the only place stock springs start to fail is transition speed. as far as pulling G's or open driving they aren't that bad. it's sticky tires that really start showing their limits. on a very sticky street tire or R comps you'll want more spring. 500/450 is a good street combo for a stickier tire. autocross specific you could go 450/500 or 450/550.

todd's 350 suggestion i personally wouldn't buy...not that i dislike it but it's not that big of a difference from stock. it's stiffer yes and does dial out understeer. that said you'll still bring up transition speed around the 500 mark
Old 01-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redlinetuning
You're welcome. I honestly hate it when people suggest parts when a: they really don't know what the requester wants. Or b: they make the suggestion because it's what they would get.

Don't get me wrong there were valid suggestions given the right reasons, so I hope you find and get what you're looking for and will be happy with it. Please post what you get and do with the new suspension.
ok thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thank you, to all of you guys. i will take every opinion that you all gave me in consideration and i will make a smart decision on the setup that i decide to use.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2LEM1
I also like how people recommend the Pro-C kit, but God forbid someone run a $600 coilover on their ITR.

Pro-C = Pro-S II with Damper adjustments... and not very good ones either.
lol wow.... u work for blackpower speed worx? lol

considering that the pro-s II came along almost a year after the pro-c ... comparing the 2 is a fail .. sorry bro... but ur wrong...

we've sold 100s of these units and nobody has complained about the ride quality or dampening... that's what proper R&D does for you.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ImageInMotion.com
lol wow.... u work for blackpower speed worx? lol

considering that the pro-s II came along almost a year after the pro-c ... comparing the 2 is a fail .. sorry bro... but ur wrong...

we've sold 100s of these units and nobody has complained about the ride quality or dampening... that's what proper R&D does for you.
no, actually, that's what lying to the forum does

if you're trying to tell us no one has ever complained about skunks coilovers you're just a dishonest seller

there's ALWAYS someone that complains about anything. the pro-c's really aren't half bad setup but seriously, when you say things like that it looks like pure hype

Quick Reply: skunk2 pro c vs tein flex vs buddy club racing spec