Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

OT: WTF! Sheriff Police

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: WTF! Sheriff Police

I went to test out a new map I created tonight and I was heading back home down grand ave. I see a State trooper go past me so I am like cool they aren't gonna f$%^ with me. So I decide to take the long way home and not turn off the side street. All of a sudden a car pulls out of my lane and I am right behind the cop... I got the car in silent mode as to not attract attention and then I hit a slight bump in the road and the cop freaks out and drives like 10mph. I am right behind him and I am like oh shiet he's gonna pull me over for my lights. My seat belt is on so I am cool.

They pull over and I they let me pass they tail me for a couple blocks run my plates and procedede to pull me over. they come up on both sides ofthe car and the cop on the passengers side asks me if I am a cop because I have a FOP (Fraternal order of Police) emblem on the bumper. I say no and that i have a close family friend that is and he gave it to me. I tell him the CPD cops name and they tell me it's illegal to have that on their if you are not a cop and if the car is not registered in the cops name. He said that I can get arrested for impersonating a officer. I said okay, I'll have to take it off when I get home. The ossifer in the passenger side tells me that I have to take that off. The cop on the drivers side tells me that He pulled me over because of my lights they are illegal and they are too bright. I explained to him that they are HIDs from the factory and that it was a 2000 Acura and they are optional equipment. He bought it and he said that they were no centered correctly and that they were too wide and that when I hit a bump when I was behind him the lights lit up his whole car and he thought it was a emergency vehicle behind him. As the cop on the pasenger side is checking out the lights and being very polite and letting me know that I have to adjust my lights the other cop is like turn your fog lights off and I told him I don't have any and he is like Oh. So the cop is talking to me and telling me to get that fixed and to take the emblem off I hear a big thunk on the back of the car and i look in the rearview mirror and the other cop is pulling off my sticker and I thought WTF that f#$%er just scrathed up my paint to pry that sticker off, but I didn't get out of the car to check. I figure if I did and complain they would have got written me up for no front plate exhaust etc. So the cop talking to me on my side is very polite and gives me advice and tells me to get my lights adjusted down and centered and to take the rear FOP emblem off.

I get home and I look at the back bumper, underneath the tailight (metal btw) and I see a bunch of deep key scratches from the cop prying off my medallion. (1 long one and 3 short ones)

Too make a long story short... I AM SO F*&%ing pissed

Old 06-07-2002, 07:21 AM
Trial User

Default Re: OT: WTF! Sheriff Police (00ITR #543)

did you get badge numbers. I would file a complaint.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:21 AM

dude i would def. goto the township and file a complaint....get something outta that if you can....they scratched your f'n car man
i hate cops! but thats 1 of the worst 1's ive heard.....im glad nothing like that has happend to me
Old 06-07-2002, 07:32 AM
I shoot brides

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

talk to your family friend and find out what recourse your have.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:35 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If getting harassed by cops is a normal thing, then perhaps you should reconsider some of your mods so that you don't "stick out" as much.

Yes, you should go complain because they shouldn't have removed the badge themselves. And if your HIDs cause issues, then readjust them or take them off. I personally *hate* getting blinded by people who can't aim their lights correctly. And lying to cops is never a good thing, because if they know it, they'll make your stop a living hell.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:39 AM

Default Re: OT: WTF! Sheriff Police (Todd00)

DAYYYUUUMMMMM...that would have ruined my night
Old 06-07-2002, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: WTF! Sheriff Police (Todd00)

If getting harassed by cops is a normal thing, then perhaps you should reconsider some of your mods so that you don't "stick out" as much.

Yes, you should go complain because they shouldn't have removed the badge themselves. And if your HIDs cause issues, then readjust them or take them off. I personally *hate* getting blinded by people who can't aim their lights correctly. And lying to cops is never a good thing, because if they know it, they'll make your stop a living hell.
Car has stock itr wheels, stock paint, stock body kit and the lights are already pointed down and the lights are 9006 d2s 6000k phillips lights. No hyperwhite signals, LED nozzles or anything like. Exhaust is a thermal with 3" cat to keep it quiet. I have never been high beamed by oncoming traffic for them or anything like that. They aren't too high they are just bright, but they are hid so they are not blinding...

Around where I live I see alot of domestic and import ricers and I never see them get pulled over for green turn signals and shiet like that.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got pulled over the other day for what the cops called "obstruction" in my rear view mirror. you know what it was? a smelly tree! i was so pissed!

i asked the cop, you guys must be busy pulling over the hundreds of people w/ those in the rearview. hes like looking to get me on anything, he even asked me if i had my seatbelt on before he pulled me over!

so he then tells me if he wants he can ticket me for my muffler being big! im like big? what do you mean?

hes like well thats one of those "slip on" mufflers, i told him this was a 50 state legal cat back w/ a brand new recently installed cat.(btw this is a thermal classic) my emmissions sticker was only a week old and i passed w/ flying colors. if you want you can ticket me but im going to plead not guilty and file a complaint because this is harrasment, i didnt do anything wrong and i dont see how you could have seen a smelly tree from the distance you were at (he was across the street in a lot on a 4 lane road) you didnt have probable cause to pull me over cause i didnt break any laws.

so he tells me to sit tight that he would be right back, comes back w /a warning for the obstruction in my rearview mirror, and tells me hes going to give me a "verbal" warning for my muffler. idiots!
Old 06-07-2002, 10:25 AM

Default Re: OT: WTF! Sheriff Police (lucas569)

i got pulled over the other day for what the cops called "obstruction" in my rear view mirror. you know what it was? a smelly tree! i was so pissed!

i asked the cop, you guys must be busy pulling over the hundreds of people w/ those in the rearview. hes like looking to get me on anything, he even asked me if i had my seatbelt on before he pulled me over!

so he then tells me if he wants he can ticket me for my muffler being big! im like big? what do you mean?

hes like well thats one of those "slip on" mufflers, i told him this was a 50 state legal cat back w/ a brand new recently installed cat.(btw this is a thermal classic) my emmissions sticker was only a week old and i passed w/ flying colors. if you want you can ticket me but im going to plead not guilty and file a complaint because this is harrasment, i didnt do anything wrong and i dont see how you could have seen a smelly tree from the distance you were at (he was across the street in a lot on a 4 lane road) you didnt have probable cause to pull me over cause i didnt break any laws.

so he tells me to sit tight that he would be right back, comes back w /a warning for the obstruction in my rearview mirror, and tells me hes going to give me a "verbal" warning for my muffler. idiots!
that cop was a definitive *******
Old 06-07-2002, 10:34 AM
INSERT TITLE HERE

They pull over and I they let me pass they tail me for a couple blocks run my plates and procedede to pull me over. they come up on both sides ofthe car and the cop on the passengers side asks me if I am a cop because I have a FOP (Fraternal order of Police) emblem on the bumper. I say no and that i have a close family friend that is and he gave it to me. I tell him the CPD cops name and they tell me it's illegal to have that on their if you are not a cop and if the car is not registered in the cops name. He said that I can get arrested for impersonating a officer.
I don't think they were correct there. I give money to the FOP every year and they send me the stickers to put on my car. I've got off from getting tickets for having them on there, cops tend to like people who donate to the FOP.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I from Chicago as well, and the cops down here are ******. They got this one cop by where I live, a big light skinned black guy, with freggles. He loves to pull every import he see's over. From time to time, he would ask them to pop their hoods, to see if there's a hot motor in there. He's a real *****, pulled me over one time for obstruction of traffic, which was BS, because I saw my friend and I stopped the car, and waved high, then he pulls me over for that. And for the HID's, I have them on my ITR as well, you can't really center them, but you can lower them.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: WTF! Sheriff Police (newt2)

I don't think they were correct there. I give money to the FOP every year and they send me the stickers to put on my car. I've got off from getting tickets for having them on there, cops tend to like people who donate to the FOP.
I had the FOP sticker given to CDP officers only..

Aside from this time, everytime I got pulled over and they would ask where I got the medallion from and I would tell them and that was that. No other cop has ever told me that it was illegal for me to have it.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:10 AM
INSERT TITLE HERE

Oh OK. I still don't see how it can be against the law. You're not representing yourself as a cop and the FOP is not a government organization it's a private organization.

Either way, I'd file a complaint about the scratches on your car, that was just uncalled for.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:34 AM

Any cops in the chicago area absolutely hate Type R's they think we are ricers or something, I get fucked with all the time cuz mine is PY. They rarely write up tickets but they always pull me over thinking im some punk *** teenager. **** em
Old 06-07-2002, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh OK. I still don't see how it can be against the law. You're not representing yourself as a cop and the FOP is not a government organization it's a private organization.

Either way, I'd file a complaint about the scratches on your car, that was just uncalled for.
I never thought of it that way. I will talk to my friend and see what he says.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: WTF! Sheriff Police (KILLERB18)

Yes! Yes, it is the ricers that ruin it for everyone. Their blue light and led washer nozzles and their wreckles driving attracts attention to all imports and everyone has to suffer....
Old 06-07-2002, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not only should you seek reimbursement for the damage caused, you should make them replace the medallion, as I highly doubt it is in any way illegal to wear on your vehicle. Seems to me a case of a cop who holds his FOP medallion in a little too high regard. Just because they only give them to CPD does not mean it's illegal (hell even wrong) for you to have it. Protect your rights.

[Modified by sackdz, 3:44 PM 6/7/2002]
Old 06-07-2002, 11:58 AM
INSERT TITLE HERE

Default Re: OT: WTF! Sheriff Police (sackdz)

I never thought I'd agree with a STINKING RED WINGS FAN, but he's right.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: WTF! Sheriff Police (sackdz)

A couple thoughts came to mind...

If I was not issued a ticket then there is no record of them stopping me right? Is there a way they can check which officer ran my plates?

No, I didn't get their badge numbers or names. I try not to start anything with cops when they pull me over, because that could make things worse...

Another thing is that it was local suburban cops not troopers and the station is small as well as the city compared to Schaumburg. It may cause more trouble for me than good, seeing that I park my car accross the street from the station everyday...
I'll wait to talk to my friend and see what he says...
Old 06-07-2002, 12:19 PM

"I tell him the CPD cops name and they tell me it's illegal to have that on their if you are not a cop and if the car is not registered in the cops name. He said that I can get arrested for impersonating a officer. "

Yeah right, show me the vehicle code that says that!
Old 06-07-2002, 12:20 PM
INSERT TITLE HERE

There should be a record of the stop. I'm sure they ran your plates and all database transactions should be recorded in the systems logs.

Next time get thier names and badge numbers. In fact next time they get behind you like that just pull over before they pull you over. If they follow you get out and politely ask if you can help them with something. That always throws them for a loop, they really have no good response to it. Thay can't say they weren't following you and they can't get on you for being a smartass because you pulled over and asked to help them. I've done it a few times and it's worked like a champ.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:50 PM

File a complaint against that ****** KNUCKLEHEAD. Check to see if the medalion is legal, and tell the Police Department that IDIOT ripped it off your car and made small scratches. He has no right doing that ****..
Old 06-07-2002, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do not be afraid of them! i live in a small town and i once got into a shouting match w/ the cops cause i called them telling them there were some needles in the parking lot where alot of kids like to play and ride their bikes. they didnt do anything for like 3 hrs and when i called again they said an officer had already stopped by but it was bull cause i was on my porch the whole time reading a book waiting for them so i could show them where they were.

make a long story short, i called the newspaper and told them! guess what? it was the newspaper front page story! no lie! for weeks i was scared they were going to mess w/ me. you need to show them whos in charge!
Old 06-07-2002, 01:50 PM

Default Re: OT: WTF! Sheriff Police (lucas569)

Damn you should of told him you once were a cop
Old 06-07-2002, 02:16 PM

A couple thoughts came to mind...

If I was not issued a ticket then there is no record of them stopping me right? Is there a way they can check which officer ran my plates?

No, I didn't get their badge numbers or names. I try not to start anything with cops when they pull me over, because that could make things worse...

Another thing is that it was local suburban cops not troopers and the station is small as well as the city compared to Schaumburg. It may cause more trouble for me than good, seeing that I park my car accross the street from the station everyday...
I'll wait to talk to my friend and see what he says...
Yes, there is always a record of a stop...and it logs the users ID when they run the plates, so yes, that is also logged.
He was probably pissed b/c he belonged to the PBA instead

Quick Reply: OT: WTF! Sheriff Police