Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number

I hated the fact that when I wanted to listen to the radio, the antenna would go up. I know you can unplug the power plug going into the antenna to prevent it from going up, but I decided to go with a Metra hidden antenna instead.

The part number for the plug is:

82871-671-000 GROMMET (25MM)

You can get them at any Honda or Acura dealership since this grommet is found on any Accord or TSX (and other models as well). This is probably the same plug JDMLand (ICB) and JDMTheory sells for $10 and $8, respectively. It only costs a few dollars.

Name:  DSCN1873.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  DSCN1874.jpg
Views: 1591
Size:  64.1 KB

Pics on the caR, close up and far away:

Name:  DSCN1876.jpg
Views: 3327
Size:  54.3 KB

The fitment is great and seals really well.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number (BlueIntegraBoy)

I prefer the one from the 91 or 92 accord model, it has a plastic screw on the inside that prevents anyone from walking up and plucking that off, I have the "jdm" one too, and its just a plug like that, similar to what you'd find on the firewall.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number (KOALA YUMMIES)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KOALA YUMMIES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I prefer the one from the 91 or 92 accord model, it has a plastic screw on the inside that prevents anyone from walking up and plucking that off, I have the "jdm" one too, and its just a plug like that, similar to what you'd find on the firewall. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess I don't have to really worry about plug theft where I live.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah well good detective work, Acuraoemparts (cause I dont know if Len's new site is working) lists your part # at $1.74 (its only $2.17 at reg price). Much cheaper than "JDM" websites

Seeing all the red "A" and "H" badges stolen is the same reason I rock the base model chrome "A" badges, I dont want a screwdriver to my hatch or bumper. Sometimes they'll take whatever they can get
Old 05-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OP: Thank you for this thread.

I think I'll be picking this item up. Looks a lot cleaner IMO.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number (g3teg97)

Is there a special antenna tool to remove the top portion of the antenna off? I know how to remove the insides and bottom. Last time I tried to do this, I scratched my car.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number (migs)

There might be a special tool but you dont need it. Put a lot of masking tape down around the antenna hole (the more the safer) and take a flat head screwdriver and put it in the notches on the chrome thing at the top of the antenna (righty tighty lefty...), lightly tap the screwdriver with a hammer to rotate it off.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Don't judge or question

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KOALA YUMMIES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There might be a special tool but you dont need it. Put a lot of masking tape down around the antenna hole (the more the safer) and take a flat head screwdriver and put it in the notches on the chrome thing at the top of the antenna (righty tighty lefty...), lightly tap the screwdriver with a hammer to rotate it off. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or you could spend $5 on a pair of snap ring pliers that are useful for other things.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by migs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there a special antenna tool to remove the top portion of the antenna off? I know how to remove the insides and bottom. Last time I tried to do this, I scratched my car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can use snap ring pliers that can be bought at Home Depot, Lowes, etc...
Btw this is what they look like.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KOALA YUMMIES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There might be a special tool but you dont need it. Put a lot of masking tape down around the antenna hole (the more the safer) and take a flat head screwdriver and put it in the notches on the chrome thing at the top of the antenna (righty tighty lefty...), lightly tap the screwdriver with a hammer to rotate it off. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is what I did. Flathead and a hammer. Lightly tap it off.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is what I did. Flathead and a hammer. Lightly tap it off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did this as well, no problems.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The part number for the plug is:

82871-671-000 GROMMET (25MM)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice find.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Where is the grommet located exactly on a stock Accord or TSX&gt;?
(So I can get one from the junk yard)
Old 07-29-2008, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got one off a TSX.
They are located on the A pillar, near where the door hinges mount....

The TL has the same plug too...

Modified by tbsol at 3:48 PM 7/29/2008
Old 07-29-2008, 05:37 AM
len
Honda-Tech Member

$10 huh? That's 87% gross profit right there.

If you pay more than $1.78 for it, then you got ripped off.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number (len)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but I decided to go with a Metra hidden antenna instead.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what kind of hidden antenna setup are you useing? Iv alwayas rocked it with no antenna but it would be nice to have one.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KOALA YUMMIES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I prefer the one from the 91 or 92 accord model, it has a plastic screw on the inside that prevents anyone from walking up and plucking that off, I have the "jdm" one too, and its just a plug like that, similar to what you'd find on the firewall. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you send or poast a pic of this plug?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number (jdmeg6b18b)

sweet i would like to try this also will the radio still work if you unplug the power plug to the antenna? the only thing i could think of is maybe reception.
i had to turn the radio off yesterday on the interstate to keep it from bending
Old 07-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Screw the plug... more on the "hidden antenna" Make, model? Price? Link?

I HATE the antenna's on our cars... CD player, Ipod... the damn thing is still in the upright position. This hidden one might be better than the S2k solution I was looking into.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dave_B)

ive also considerd the s2k conversion to, but hidden sounds better
Old 07-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number (migs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by migs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Last time I tried to do this, I scratched my car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I did the same on the GSR by accident. Its rather easy to be careless while performing this and slip. Taping off the area is definitely a good idea.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Screw the plug... more on the "hidden antenna" Make, model? Price? Link?

I HATE the antenna's on our cars... CD player, Ipod... the damn thing is still in the upright position. This hidden one might be better than the S2k solution I was looking into.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
ditto.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Screw the plug... more on the "hidden antenna" Make, model? Price? Link?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

more info on the "hidden antenna" please.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hadookn)

He's talking about something like this. It's an antenna that you put inside the car, underneath the dash or inside the a-pillar or where ever else you want to hide it.

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/....html
Old 07-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (exies)

thanks exies. more info can also be found in this thread.

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1

search ftw.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hadookn)

they put it in their windshield i wanted to tuck it in the rear panel where the factory one was think it iwll get reception their?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdmeg6b18b)

I did this with my car

dunno what stereos you guys have, but with my old one, the aerial only used to go up when the radio was on, turn on the CD player and it motored down.

I took it out when I got a new stereo and when turning on the radio it wouldn't motor out at all and I had no reception so I removed it. saves it seizing or anything during no use.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number (mugenr#1011)

Damn, all these responses in one day.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugenr#1011 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sweet i would like to try this also will the radio still work if you unplug the power plug to the antenna? the only thing i could think of is maybe reception.
i had to turn the radio off yesterday on the interstate to keep it from bending </TD></TR></TABLE>

The radio will still work, but the reception won't be as good. I did this for a couple of weeks before I got my new radio. Didn't want to splice the hidden antenna 12v wire and then have to pull the radio out again to install the new one.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by exies &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He's talking about something like this. It's an antenna that you put inside the car, underneath the dash or inside the a-pillar or where ever else you want to hide it.

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/....html</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dave, this link is to the actual antenna model. I bought mine for my old hatch at Kragen for like $15 two years ago. But I guess the price went up.

Quick Reply: OEM Antenna Plug with Part Number