Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

new azenis available for pre-order

Old 02-03-2005, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new azenis available for pre-order

http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_rt615_t.htm

a good bit more costly than the old azenis' but a good bit more agressive looking
Old 02-03-2005, 05:40 AM

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (lanceh)

bahhhh for that price I'll stick to the MXs
Old 02-03-2005, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (Bbasso)

i hate the selection for 16" tires
Old 02-03-2005, 05:44 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

It sounds like they made a deliberate attempt to better water channeling as the tread wears down, and they also seem to have addressed an issue related to melting the tyres on road courses.

The only question is did people want to continue to pay significantly less even if they did continue to melt their tyres.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekay_jeremy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hate the selection for 16" tires</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me too. I see no 215/45/16's
Old 02-03-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think the tread pattern on the older sports looks more agresive. I noticed that the traction, temp, and wear ratings are the same. Weren't the newer tires designed more for the drifting crowd?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Suspetise...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (Cod Sac)

I'm sure it's been asked before, but will these be REPLACING the older RT215, or just supplementing it?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:20 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (sscguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sscguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm sure it's been asked before, but will these be REPLACING the older RT215, or just supplementing it?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Replacing, as stock depletes.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugen Mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Me too. I see no 215/45/16's </TD></TR></TABLE>
The ready availability of that weird size is probably responsible for about 25% of our ITR Azenis sales.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cod Sac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Weren't the newer tires designed more for the drifting crowd?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Where'd you get that idea? I don't know for sure, of course, but it seems weird that they'd have specifically addressed the melting issue if they had drifting in mind.

Of course I do not know much about drifting, but wouldn't higher temperature resistance be pretty useless in a 60 second drift, as opposed to a 20 minute sprint race or track session?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Where'd you get that idea? I don't know for sure, of course, but it seems weird that they'd have specifically addressed the melting issue if they had drifting in mind.

Of course I do not know much about drifting, but wouldn't higher temperature resistance be pretty useless in a 60 second drift, as opposed to a 20 minute sprint race or track session?</TD></TR></TABLE>

.....I believe he's referring to the falken website where the azenis 615 is shown with all of their sponsored drifting/ drifters flash page.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have to admit these tires look damn-sexy but I don't like the idea of the old RT215 being discontinued. I always believed the whole Azenis bang was the fact that it was a great tire at a great price .. I guess price isn't an added value anymore ..

Old 02-03-2005, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bbasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bahhhh for that price I'll stick to the MXs </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why? The side wall is soft, the first few 32nds of thread are useless on the track...

IMO - the MX is not in the same league as the Falkens, which are good from the day you put them on until they have absolutely no tread on them.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Of course I do not know much about drifting, but wouldn't higher temperature resistance be pretty useless in a 60 second drift, as opposed to a 20 minute sprint race or track session?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where did you get the melting issue had been addressed from? They have the same rating's as the older sports.

I got the idea about them being more for drifting from an article I read a couple of months back. I don't know were I read it, or for sure that it stated that they the new design was for the drifting crowd. That was why I had a question mark at the end of the sentence.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (Mugen Mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugen Mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Me too. I see no 215/45/16's </TD></TR></TABLE>

kepani-who's really considering 15x7.0 wheels now...
Old 02-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Suspetise...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Replacing, as stock depletes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

, though just because of the price.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (Chris N)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
IMO - the MX is not in the same league as the Falkens, which are good from the day you put them on until they have absolutely no tread on them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My experience was the same. New Azenis are good on the track. New MX's aren't nearly as good. The MX's are better "street" tires though.

As far as the drifting thing... I think Falken is just trying to get their name out there and decided that drifting would get them exposure to a new crowd. I don't blame them for trying to make more money, but I would have personally started by re-targeting my existing customers before going after the new market. By this, I mean moving up production of existing sizes and holding off on my advertising blitz until the new sizes were closer to production. Premature marketing often serves to sour the public to the product.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:08 AM
thk
Members Only

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (Chris N)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why? The side wall is soft, the first few 32nds of thread are useless on the track...

IMO - the MX is not in the same league as the Falkens, which are good from the day you put them on until they have absolutely no tread on them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But are the sidewalls as stiff or stiffer on the RT-615s like they were on the RT-215s?

215/45/17 and 275/40/17. *drool*
Old 02-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Suspetise...

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (thk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">215/45/17 and 275/40/17. *drool* </TD></TR></TABLE>

You suck for being able to use something absurd like that
Old 02-03-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (JeffS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My experience was the same. New Azenis are good on the track. New MX's aren't nearly as good. The MX's are better "street" tires though.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's why I have a set of rims & tires for track only.

But I still feel the MXs (on rotas) were better for me on the track then the azenis... But I used the Azenis on stock rims back when...
Old 02-03-2005, 07:13 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (Cod Sac)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cod Sac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Where did you get the melting issue had been addressed from? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Falken pre-release hype to wholesalers seemed to hint that they had taken the advice of enthusiasts who complained about how easy it was to melt them before the end of a 20 minute sprint session.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:14 AM

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (sscguy)

205/40R16 83W ** Late Feb. 605 $89

damn cheap they are

in germany not available
so i ll order in the us.
haha :-)
Old 02-03-2005, 07:15 AM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bbasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
But I still feel the MXs (on rotas) were better for me on the track then the azenis... But I used the Azenis on stock rims back when... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Rob, do you think it's possible you're remembering events from two radically different stages in your development as a driver?
Old 02-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Argh, my server at work is blocking falken's website. How much is the new 205/50/15 and are they giving an estimated release date?
Old 02-03-2005, 07:18 AM
.RJ

I wonder if I should stockpile an extra set of the 'old' azenis - which are a fantastic rain and backup track tire
Old 02-03-2005, 07:20 AM
Suspetise...

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (Batoutahell)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Batoutahell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Argh, my server at work is blocking falken's website. How much is the new 205/50/15 and are they giving an estimated release date?</TD></TR></TABLE>

$92 per tire, available late March '05.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:24 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: new azenis available for pre-order (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...the 'old' azenis - which are a fantastic rain... tire.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't you feel you need to walk around with a sign around you neck that says that? I get so tired of telling people that. LOL...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new azenis available for pre-order