Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

JDM Power Folding Mirrors - Wiring Differences from Diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Power Folding Mirrors - Wiring Differences from Diagrams

Wanted to see if anyone had any insight into this.

All wiring diagrams I've seen for the JDM Power Folding Mirrors depict a 8-pin clip off the mirror, with 5 pins being used.

The set I have has a total of five pins, however they are split into two clips. One 3-pin clip, and one 2-pin clip. The 3-pin clip connects to the USDM harness, the 2-pin clip is naturally the motor's power and ground.

Does anyone have any information on this?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Power Folding Mirrors - Wiring Differences from Diagrams (a1320addict)

You probably have a set of regular power mirrors. Not all side mirrors in Japan have the power folding option.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Power Folding Mirrors - Wiring Differences from Diagrams (EG6-DC2)

I've hooked up power and ground to the leads off the 2-pin clip, the mirror folds so they are definitely power folding mirrors, lol.

The issue I've ran into is all the diagrams have the pin-outs for the 5-pin connector.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Don't judge or question

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: JDM Power Folding Mirrors - Wiring Differences from Diagrams (EG6-DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG6-DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You probably have a set of regular power mirrors. Not all side mirrors in Japan have the power folding option.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The DB8/DB6 power folding mirrors have a 3-pin connector, and one 2-pin connector. The DC2 power folding mirrors have only one 5-pin connector.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by a1320addict &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've hooked up power and ground to the leads off the 2-pin clip, the mirror folds so they are definitely power folding mirrors, lol.

The issue I've ran into is all the diagrams have the pin-outs for the 5-pin connector. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm confused at what your actual problem is. The three pin connector doesn't need to be touched because it controls the position of the mirror/glass and the two pin connector controls folding motor of the mirror. If you have a specific question let me know and I can explain that part of the schematic.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Power Folding Mirrors - Wiring Differences from Diagrams (Spids5)

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you sir

You have PM