Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

It Had To Happen Sooner or Later...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It Had To Happen Sooner or Later...

While traveling home on the open freeway I came around a slight bend and was under an overpass with a car approximately 30 yards ahead of me. He wasn't going to move so I was speeding up changing lanes when I noticed something in the road. Since I was moving at over 80 mph there was little I could do but try to put the object between both wheels. It was a stone about 1/3 the size of a football. I caught it with the inside corner of my right front. It bent the Hell out of my silver Kosei K1 Racing wheel and gave me an instant flat. As I pulled over to check out what the hell happened. I noticed another car pulling over in front of me. Two shady-looking guys got out so I unsnapped the retention snap on my holster not knowing who they were or what they wanted. They looked around their car and a third got out and was looking in my direction. After keeping an eye on them for a few minutes they eventually got in their car and left.

Then I begin to notice other cars pulling over on the right hand side of the freeway and I figured it out. They, too, had hit the fvcking stone. In all, six cars were pulled over by me and one hapless driver pulled over on the left hand side. I-696 in the Detroit Metro Area has traffic cruising at ~75 to 85 mph so I feel for her.

I assisted two people change their tire and when I went back to my car --- guess what? No tire iron. Yep. I knew EXACTLY where it was, but too little too late. As I was figuring it out the line of tow trucks pulled up and I recognized one of the drivers. He put "AELF" on the flatbed and brought us home. Charged me for a tow, not the flatbed so I'm out of $70.

Everything APPEARS to be okay, the wheel rubs twice per revolution and I'll jack her up in a couple of hours to take a closer look. On the bright side I can use my new lightweight aluminum jack... Oh, boy!!

SOOOO....

Does anyone know where I could find a SILVER Kosei K1 Racing wheel 15" x7" with a 45 mm offset? Since Tire Rack, Discount Tire, Wheel & Tire Zone are all closed at 3:00 AM I thought I'd ask any night owls who happen to be online. Thanks for all condolences and any information.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:22 PM
epy
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It Had To Happen Sooner or Later... (Chui)

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate night. I thought you were about to get your R stolen . Glad that didn't happen.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It Had To Happen Sooner or Later... (^colyer)

I vaguely remember a recent thread with someone elling some Kosei's, might want to look for that.

Edit: I just looked and they were on Ebay, try checking classifieds maybe? I dunno, but good luck
Old 06-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It Had To Happen Sooner or Later... (^colyer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ^colyer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry to hear about your unfortunate night. I thought you were about to get your R stolen . Glad that didn't happen.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, man. I was fully prepared to engage them if necessary. That's not to say that they would not have gotten it [or me], but there's no way in Hell I was going to just let them take it. And since I was outside of the car their chances were small. Very small. Unless two of the three were armed and prepared to use what they had.

All in all, I realized that they, too, must have hit the infernal wheelwrecker. But this was the first time in over a decade where it was very comforting to have "a little German friend" along for the ride.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It Had To Happen Sooner or Later... (SoCal ITR)

Thanks for the lead, SoCal ITR. If push comes to shove I'll put the skinny OEM wheels back on and purchase S0-3 PP in 195/55/15...
Old 06-21-2003, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It Had To Happen Sooner or Later... (Chui)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chui &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the lead, SoCal ITR. If push comes to shove I'll put the skinny OEM wheels back on and purchase S0-3 PP in 195/55/15... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just as a note, the 195/50s just went up to 98/each

As a result, I just ordered some Goodyears myself.