Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

vibration in upper revs after new clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 04:17 PM
j13
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration in upper revs after new clutch

Fresh clutch, resurafaced type r flywheel, all stock b18c1 in a gsr. Before the clutch job I could rev passed 7k and not feel the engine at all, after clutch install I can feel vibration getting up to 6k rpm. I did the clutch myself at home and very thing with smooth. All torqued down properly just can't seem to see why is it unbalanced and what is. If anyone has any info let me know please!

Thanks
Old 06-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: vibration in upper revs after new clutch

What clutch type/brand you tightened down EVYTHING ? there's a lot of **** to tighten down again after just sayin. x2 the axel nut and lugs first
Old 06-17-2014, 05:33 PM
j13
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93
What clutch type/brand you tightened down EVYTHING ? there's a lot of **** to tighten down again after just sayin. x2 the axel nut and lugs first
The clutch kit I used was from qscusa.com it was a stage 2 clutch. The flywheel is an OEM type r that was resurfaced. Lug nuts are tight and axle nut. I didn't change the throw out bearing , I figured since it was still smooth and worked good I could reuse it plus I had forgotten to buy a new one. Idk if that would cause it? Thank you for your help man anything else I should look at when I drop the trans?
Old 06-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

could be one of those "coincidence" things but how are your engine mounts, a bad TOB wouldn't do that if you say it's the engine the only things that come to mind are the flywheel/clutch. But with them being new/resurfaced that shouldn't be the case.

But relating back to the original post this vibrating do you feel it in the wheels as in a wobble or is it the engine as if you had solid mounts ?
Old 06-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The clutch may be out of balance...or you might have damaged the disk during install.

Did you out a new pilot bearing back into the flywheel?

Is it a puck clutch?

The clutch could be of bad quality and the springs may have loosened. Is the hub sprung?
Old 06-18-2014, 09:21 AM
j13
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B serious
The clutch may be out of balance...or you might have damaged the disk during install.

Did you out a new pilot bearing back into the flywheel?

Is it a puck clutch?

The clutch could be of bad quality and the springs may have loosened. Is the hub sprung?
The clutch is not a puck style, it has 5 springs and all seemed to be set in place good, I replaced the pilot bearing with a fresh one. I can say maybe it could be a bad clutch kit and it wasn't balanced properly could be possible but I had no way to tell, it "looked" good.

I'm going to rev the engine to 7k in neutral and see if I get the vibration and it might rule out drivetrain. Hopefully it doesn't vibrate while in neutral for a easier fix

Anything else guys I should look for???