Type R spoiler DB8

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type R spoiler DB8

few questions:
where is the thread. i searched

i remember that i read some where the type r spoiler for 2 door wont fit a 4 door is this correct?

and if any body has a type r spoiler in their integra 4 door
please post pictures of your method of installation.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Type R spoiler DB8 (tweek_boii)

2dr spoilers won't fit 4dr, they're not wide enough

the wing is oem so its the same 4 studs w/castle nuts like all integra oem spoilers

mine-
Old 06-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Type R spoiler DB8 (frontwheelfanatic)

nice do me the biggest favor. pop the trunk and take picture of where holes where drilled. please and ill do a write up or something because i found nothing
Old 06-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tweek_boii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice do me the biggest favor. pop the trunk and take picture of where holes where drilled. please and ill do a write up or something because i found nothing</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats not necessary, if you have a wingless trunk and need to drill the holes- pop the your trunk open and you'll see the 4 (2 on each side) "indentations" of where the holes are supposed to be drilled. just find the center of the indentations and drill a hole with a 3/8" bit and install the wing.

a write up really isn't necessary, since 99% of db owners go wingless since nobody seems to like the oem or db8r wing
Old 06-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by frontwheelfanatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats not necessary, if you have a wingless trunk and need to drill the holes- pop the your trunk open and you'll see the 4 (2 on each side) "indentations" of where the holes are supposed to be drilled. just find the center of the indentations and drill a hole with a 3/8" bit and install the wing.

a write up really isn't necessary, since 99% of db owners go wingless since nobody seems to like the oem or db8r wing </TD></TR></TABLE>

you disagree right?? i mean if that is your db i think its clean look, so im getting one since i havent seen a 4 door with one around here.. i might get th CF one from seibon. i dont car ewhat people think you know what i mean but it serves a purpose and its OEM look . i think it looks great!!

pretty simple installation then, wel im going with the wing. i had gsr wing but got new trunk instead of removing and filling in holes
Old 06-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tweek_boii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you disagree right?? i mean if that is your db i think its clean look, so im getting one since i havent seen a 4 door with one around here.. i might get th CF one from seibon. i dont car ewhat people think you know what i mean but it serves a purpose and its OEM look . i think it looks great!!

pretty simple installation then, wel im going with the wing. i had gsr wing but got new trunk instead of removing and filling in holes</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah thats my baby
and i love the wing, it just flows so well with the body lines especially with my stance.
you should go for the wing if you like it, but get the oem one. the c/f itr wings look out of place when mounted on a trunk. hmotorsonline.com has one for $100
Old 06-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i found the spoiler, im trying to find out how to order haha. thanks bro CF looks nice and it seems it has good fitment on the dc's. now thats a hook up thans bro.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tweek_boii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i found the spoiler, im trying to find out how to order haha. thanks bro CF looks nice and it seems it has good fitment on the dc's. now thats a hook up thans bro.</TD></TR></TABLE>

anytime, and if you ever have any questions go to the DB squad thread in the honda/acura form. everyone is really helpful in there
Old 06-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by frontwheelfanatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

anytime, and if you ever have any questions go to the DB squad thread in the honda/acura form. everyone is really helpful in there </TD></TR></TABLE>

ill take your word on that because you have been helpful enough bro