Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Which tranny's will bolt right up to a B18B1 LS NON vtec

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which tranny's will bolt right up to a B18B1 LS NON vtec

so i can buy one instead of fixing my rattling slowly to death tranny because of my goddamn isb.

i yanked it out a while ago and replaced t/o bearing, pilot bearing, put in stage 3 clutch kit from gripforce
the flywheel was 9.2 lbs.

cleaned the tranny up so sexy she shined again.

before i put it in i regreased everything and for the fun of it i spun the main shaft and it was making lots of noise,
I didint think nothing of it so i put the t/o bearing and fork and everything back in and replaced everything and i still have the damn noise i did when i took it off.

at this point i know its the is but its been like this for over a year now and its been getting louder.

i dont wanna ruin this clutch cause it was just put in and still in its breakin.

But sometimes when downshifting it feelsl ike its starting to slip/grinds on something then continues smoothly

but the noise is aparent with clutch not pushed in in neutral and in 1st/2nd gear a little.

so im jus gonna swap the tranny,

i hear LS trannys have long gears.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Which tranny's will bolt right up to a B18B1 LS NON vtec

LS trannys do have long gears and are good for forced induction set ups.
Vtec teannys are good for N/A because they are shorter geared and allow you to stay high in the power band.
so to answer your question any B-series transmition will bolt dirrectly up to you motor.
the other question is what year is your car and do you need a hydro or cable tranny.
either way you in luch i have 2 trannys sitting in my garage one is a hydo ls and the other is a cable Y1 with LSD.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

should probly just fix yours, never know what your gonna get buying used etc....could be worse than the tranny you have allready
Old 08-19-2009, 07:52 AM

this is true and i was just putting it out there. however, both the tranny's i have came off of working cars. i had a crx sir when i was living in japan why i have the Y1 i wanted the head of that b16 for my DC here in the US bought a rebuilt tranny from King Motor Sports thus is why i have a hydro LS tranny. i would still use either one of them but i dont have a need at the moment.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its a 95 integra B18B1 hydro

all i really need is a input shaft or main bearing to fix it, i also hear i gotta do the seal too ? which seal are we talking about ?

i can get the tranny out of the car and i can tear it apart, but after that im lost
Old 08-19-2009, 01:39 PM

OH BOY
Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rcerokt123
LS trannys do have long gears and are good for forced induction set ups.
Vtec teannys are good for N/A because they are shorter geared and allow you to stay high in the power band.
Wat?????? Longer gears allow you to fall out of boost. Try driving a boosted setup with long gears like that. You'll be bored to death waiting for boost to build. Shorter gearing is more sought after for any racing inspired setup wheather it be NA or boosted. You're silly.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how the **** do you start a thread!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide
Wat?????? Longer gears allow you to fall out of boost. Try driving a boosted setup with long gears like that. You'll be bored to death waiting for boost to build. Shorter gearing is more sought after for any racing inspired setup wheather it be NA or boosted. You're silly.
u must have a weak *** setup..
Old 08-20-2009, 06:52 AM

i have driven cars with both longer and shorter geared tranny's but with too much power on a short tranny it makes 1st and 2nd usless. you will end up spinning.
if you have a good set-up and a enough power an LS tranny is good for boost.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any b-series hydraulic transmission will work.

i have driven cars with both longer and shorter geared tranny's but with too much power on a short tranny it makes 1st and 2nd usless. you will end up spinning.
Address the traction issue.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You must not know how to drive a stick. Did guy say he was making a clusterf**k of power? I doubt his setup will lose benefit from a shorter geared tranny. But that's just my $.02 take it for what its worth.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:53 PM

You must not know how to drive a stick. Did guy say he was making a clusterf**k of power? I doubt his setup will lose benefit from a shorter geared tranny. But that's just my $.02 take it for what its worth.
so how much power is he making?

and you said that the long gears will fall out of boost which means you must not have the power to keep your car in boost in the first place.

and some people just need more gear cause they rather not be deep in 5th at the traps.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 8zero8
so how much power is he making?

and you said that the long gears will fall out of boost which means you must not have the power to keep your car in boost in the first place.

and some people just need more gear cause they rather not be deep in 5th at the traps.
Ummmmmmm.....no matter how much power your car has, without the correct gearing you're going to fall out of boost...unless you have a tiny snail and a 3" DP to help with spool. Do you know what it means to fall out of boost? Something tells me you're having a slight misconception on the scenario. If you have more power you're gonna hit bosst quicker than if you had less power out of boost. But why even risk leaving boost in a heavy throttle situation? And I don't know anyone who gets very deep in 4th let alone 5th. We talking bout 1/4's or full mile pulls here?
Old 08-21-2009, 04:36 PM

oh boy.whats the quickest car youre talking about? 14's? 13's?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

zzzz why does every thread somebody posts end up in a debate on which is better and result in 1/4 mile or mile racings. its was a simple question. the answer was found in the irst few posts. these last few posts have been nothing but flames and tracks and different gears, who gives a ****, this wasnt asked.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OP check this out: You can bolt on any hydro B-series tranny to your LS motor. If you're about performance. I highly suggest you run a B16 tranny. Its NIGHT and DAY compared to the LS tranny. The B16 tranny will wake up your motor and you'll be happy you did it. You can also run a GSR tranny which isn't as aggressive as the B16 but is an upgrade over the LS transmission. If you want a fun car to drive B16 tranny is the way to go. Keep in mind you'll be crusing at 4400 at 80 mph which isn't bad at all.

Gas consumption I noticed remained the same from what I've noticed. People say it drops a little but the performance benefits are worth it. I had a B16 tranny bolted to my LS before now I have it on my B20.

I agree above, whether you're going boost or N/A shorter gear trannys are the way to go. Coming from previously having an LS tranny I never plan to run that lazy gearing again. That "get a long gear ratio tranny so you can stay in boost longer" makes me lmao everytime. You may be "staying in boost longer" but guess what? The other guy is ACCELERATING at a MUCH QUICKER RATE. Anyone who's ever driven a short geared compared to a long geared tranny should agree. NIGHT and DAY I tell you..lol.

Also, in terms of traction when 1st and 2nd gear being useless. Then traction issues should be addressed not the aggreSsiveness of acceleration.

Last edited by dayvid05; 08-22-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-24-2009, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by dayvid05
OP check this out: You can bolt on any hydro B-series tranny to your LS motor. If you're about performance. I highly suggest you run a B16 tranny. Its NIGHT and DAY compared to the LS tranny. The B16 tranny will wake up your motor and you'll be happy you did it. You can also run a GSR tranny which isn't as aggressive as the B16 but is an upgrade over the LS transmission. If you want a fun car to drive B16 tranny is the way to go. Keep in mind you'll be crusing at 4400 at 80 mph which isn't bad at all.

Gas consumption I noticed remained the same from what I've noticed. People say it drops a little but the performance benefits are worth it. I had a B16 tranny bolted to my LS before now I have it on my B20.

I agree above, whether you're going boost or N/A shorter gear trannys are the way to go. Coming from previously having an LS tranny I never plan to run that lazy gearing again. That "get a long gear ratio tranny so you can stay in boost longer" makes me lmao everytime. You may be "staying in boost longer" but guess what? The other guy is ACCELERATING at a MUCH QUICKER RATE. Anyone who's ever driven a short geared compared to a long geared tranny should agree. NIGHT and DAY I tell you..lol.

Also, in terms of traction when 1st and 2nd gear being useless. Then traction issues should be addressed not the aggreSsiveness of acceleration.

again, what are you talking about 14, 15 sec. cars? cause im not.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:24 PM

my best advice is got with a b16 hydro trans hard to find and sumwhat expensive but well worth the gear ratio!! even if you get lucky and find a LSD your in even better shape good luck
Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 8zero8
again, what are you talking about 14, 15 sec. cars? cause im not.
Who's talking about "14 - 15 sec. cars"? Obviously you are..You're the only one bringing it up. LoL. Keep lying to yourself saying Long gear ratios are preferred and continue to get laughed at. Cuz that's exactly what I did when I read your reply. Lmao. You make it sound like its impossible to run 10-12's in a Short geared tranny. Go tell that to people running those times in their R.

Like this guy. Wait let me guess, you BELIEVE he's running a long geared ratio tranny though right?? gtfo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3oVGfWywnY
Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dayvid05

Thank you!!!!!

And the 14, 15 second disscussion doesn't really apply hear. Dude didn't mention any drag racing. I used it as an example of why you don't want to fall out of boost. It just so happens that it would suck in dailey drving as well.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

holy.. I only asked which tranny would bolt up. and u guys go off into a rage about short gears over long gears, b16's over R's lol. jesus christ.

I only have an input shaft bearing out in my LS

I dont have boost
I dont race
I dont plan on dragging it

who gives a **** about all the argueing about what falls out of boost and what doesnt, i dont even ****ing having boost. LOL

ive seen like 10 useles posts in here.

FOR A STOCK B18B with I/H/E ONLY DAILY DRIVER
im jus looking to take away the goddamn sound away (so fixing this bearing is an option)
but i wouldnt mind changing the tranny to a shorter geared one like the b16 just to try it. that way i still have my LS long gear tranny to fi x and play with. and if i dont like the b16 trans then i could just bolt the ls back
Old 08-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Reject Papi

if you want shorter gears than an ls, i'd go with a gsr, not a b16. a b16 will just cause you to shift more often, and not be beneficial on the highway.

bigworldwide, your a ****ing moron!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jhammond_82
if you want shorter gears than an ls, i'd go with a gsr, not a b16. a b16 will just cause you to shift more often, and not be beneficial on the highway.

bigworldwide, your a ****ing moron!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dogginator
Any b-series hydraulic transmission will work.

Quick Reply: Which tranny's will bolt right up to a B18B1 LS NON vtec