Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer"

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer"

the right hand drive integra that Greg drove had an individual throttle body settup. at the end of each stack, he had carbon fiber trumpets, does anybody know where you can get either those CF trumpets, or the individual throttle body setup?
Old 08-09-2002, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (E30 M3)

Did anyone else happen to notice that the right hand integra driven by Greg was the same one in "Flipped" the night before? Try Weber Carbs for the throttle bodies.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (Arsenal)

ITB setups can be bought from Toda.

search around the site for pics or more info.
Old 08-09-2002, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was looking at the TODA throttle bodies and they are a pretty penny about 2 grand for them i want them. do u know what kind of horse power it gives? and info on it thanks
Old 08-09-2002, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (RacnGSR)

I would also like to see HP gains. From the configuration of it all though it seems like it would lack anywhere from 3000 rpm's or so and down, but then really shine from there on up, just because of the short *** runners and complete lack of a plenum.
Old 08-09-2002, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (Westrock2000)

Definitely...I don't think you'd want an ITB setup for anything less than a full race vehicle. I don't think it'd do much for a daily driver.

My $0.02
Old 08-09-2002, 05:39 PM
Jsracingintegra

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (risingson77)

That show was cool.
Old 08-09-2002, 06:00 PM

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (Jsracingintegra)

the CF stack added 17whp....i saw the dyno charts
Old 08-09-2002, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" ( Rob)

The RHD add 34 whp.

Old 08-09-2002, 06:31 PM

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (TRuST)

The RHD add 34 whp.

his **** definately hauled ***
Old 08-09-2002, 07:32 PM
New User

You can also get the itb's from twm http://www.twminduction.com/Throttle...Body2000_1.htm.

I think a plenum is available for them so that an air filter can be used. But you will lose the coolness factor if they were covered up

They are expensive. I have yet to see a dyno showing an advantage over an upgraded intake manifold on a b18c. I would suspect some nice gains up top at very high rpm(9k+).
Old 08-09-2002, 11:01 PM

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (vteg)

i just saw the show today and thought his car was pretty bad *** too. The only problem i had was that it seemed to not like to start very well, and it seemed to have a lot of problems idling. that **** was cool though, i especially liked the quick disconnect fuel lines those were pimp. his CRX was right hand drive also wasnt it? it looked like it had a 30 point rollcage in it, pretty neat though.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (kingrobby)

can anyone explain...since greg's car was rhd, and im guessing imported from japan...how come he has the usdm front on it? shouldn't it be the type-r front end? can anyone help answer this?
Old 08-10-2002, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (chyknees)

94-95 JDM integras had the same front as their same year USDM counterparts. i think 96 was when they introduced the new front end
Old 08-10-2002, 08:22 AM

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer"

I think the cars kicked ***. But some of it seemed like they took **** to serious. Like they wanted to look like real hardass racers on MTV. But those kids were smart when it came to building motors.
Old 08-10-2002, 11:52 AM
Jsracingintegra

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (Aar99GSR)

anyone know when its coming on again?
Old 08-10-2002, 12:37 PM
New User

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (Jsracingintegra)

That show was cool.
That show definitely was not cool. They should change the name of it to "true life of a street ricer". It is absolutely rediculous. I don't know about there, but here in Norcal, when you go to the races, guys actually trailer their cars out there, run them and then trailer them home. All that show seemed to do was make ALL import owners look like street racers. It's bad enough that Fast & Furious came out. That movie was ******* stupid, and all it did was encourage police to harass import owners more and more, and this rediculous MTV show is just adding fuel to the fire.
Old 08-10-2002, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (1 FAST R)

That show definitely was not cool. They should change the name of it to "true life of a street ricer". It is absolutely rediculous. I don't know about there, but here in Norcal, when you go to the races, guys actually trailer their cars out there, run them and then trailer them home. All that show seemed to do was make ALL import owners look like street racers. It's bad enough that Fast & Furious came out. That movie was ******* stupid, and all it did was encourage police to harass import owners more and more, and this rediculous MTV show is just adding fuel to the fire.
i do agree with you on the cops harassing people thing, but all in all it could have been alot worse.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:17 PM
l

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (1 FAST R)

That show was cool.

That show definitely was not cool. They should change the name of it to "true life of a street ricer". It is absolutely rediculous.
yeah that guy named mike (eugenes friend ) is a total ricer... 12 second NA civic= RICE

I don't know about there, but here in Norcal, when you go to the races, guys actually trailer their cars out there, run them and then trailer them home.
yeah i bet EVERY street racer in the bay rolls up on trailers...
why would someone roll up to street races with a a trailer and a race car.... that sounds stupid... what is a cop going to think when you are out at 2am pulling a race car while street races are going on
when i went to a street race when the cars were being trailered it was an off night locked up race with invites only...

Old 08-10-2002, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (IM ALL SHO)

dang i never knew the street races in the bay resemble sac raceway with all those trailored cars? ummm no. the show was well put together and showed all perspectives.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:27 PM

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (IM ALL SHO)

why would someone roll up to street races with a a trailer and a race car.... that sounds stupid... what is a cop going to think when you are out at 2am pulling a race car while street races are going on
when i went to a street race when the cars were being trailered it was an off night locked up race with invites only...
LOL, I agree. that sounds like a lot of work. How do you run away from the cops?
Old 08-11-2002, 11:02 PM

sorry guys I guess I didn't make myself very clear. I'm looking into building a system for my M3. I'm very tired of a rattling trunk, so I was going to build a ported box, and port the subs through my rear package tray. this should really cut down on the trunk rattling. I was thinking of having these carbon fiber trumpets as the end piece of the port, this would look a lot better than a cardboard or PVC tube.

I wasn't really interested in the ITB setup, but mainly how I could get the trumpets. heck my little bimmer has ITB stock!

I talked to a pretty helpful guy at TWM, he said that they prototyped CF trumpets, but the disadvantages far out-weighed the advantages.
Old 08-11-2002, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (csfalcon)

LOL, I agree. that sounds like a lot of work. How do you run away from the cops?
Strange, but i have seen it, even at the races in NYC. Some hardcore guys with a grand national that did a wheelstand when it took off. But back to the show obn MTV, wasnt the dude with the blue G3 a member here? I remember seeing pics of that car, and people wanted to know where he got his CF lip from. Cant remember his SN though.
Old 08-12-2002, 12:14 AM

I hope by "trailering cars" to the races you mean the actually legal race track. If you didn't, your statement is some what contradicting.

Anyway, from what i hear that four door is putting down 204 NA whp, ricey? I think not. About your "fuel to the fire" quote, A major motion picture company released a movie about import racing, seen world wide, it seems the fuel has run dry.

I think MTV did a good job, or at least better then expected with the most recent true life. They seem to actually get good information about their topics, something many "reputable" news stations can't claim.

Hmmm, I thought Hype-R owners were suposed to be sophisticated "experts" of import racing. Not if "1 Fast R" has anything to do with it!

[Modified by Nobody, 1:15 AM 8/12/2002]
Old 08-12-2002, 01:03 AM
New User

Default Re: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer" (Nobody)

By bad guys, I got it confused with the show MTV "Flipped"!!!! I thought it was the same thing!

on me.

Quick Reply: tech ? about integra on MTV "true life of a street racer"