Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

TB question for ITR cable change over.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TB question for ITR cable change over.

where can i find a list of compatible throttle bodies for the ITR cable conversion on the GSR blox manifold? i know the 94-01 LS TB is a popular one. does the PR3 TB also fit? i'm curious how many of these cross change as i'm having idle issues due to the cable being pushed down by the hood with the stock GSR bracket sticking way the F up.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TB question for ITR cable change over. (idrivesideways)

You can use your GSR throttle body with the ITR throttle cable. You will just need to swap the pulley out for a non-GSR one.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TB question for ITR cable change over. (Dartanian)

no kidding, hmm...now i just need to find a throttle pulley. i called acura and they only sell the entire TB.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

junkyard...This is from the blox manifold install on honda-tech.
"5. (Optional) If you are using the ITR throttle cable, you should install the non-GSR throttle plate and spring onto your stock TB now. It is straightforward but can be difficult because of the spring so it is best to do it while out of the car.

If you use a throttle plate from a B18A (and possibly more engines) it has an ear-shaped throttle plate. When using this plate on the GSR TB, the adjusting screw needs to be adjusted out because it will be holding the TB open a tiny bit. When I got my car running I could not get my idle to go down. I had no vacuum leaks or anything. It turns out that this set screw was holding the TB open a bit. You may have to further adjust this screw when the car is running to get it just right.

Adjust the non-adjustable screw . Loosen the 7mm nut and then adjust the screw with a small allen key (I forget the exact size)""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""

i'm almost positive d-series plates work, but not sure if they require adjustment like the b18a plate. Ive been running my blox manifold w/ the gsr cable for awhile now. no problems yet, but i have the itr cable and want to use it!!!!:0(
Old 10-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (letsdrive)

i have this weird *** idle problem on the new motor. i have no idea what's causing it. i can get everything set right then every now and again the car will just die at a stop sign. i was thinking it could be the throttle cable. if not that i need to check the coolant in the TB, people have said that could cause it. i noticed the TB screw will set a rich fuel code if you move it or even jiggle it with the engine running. ahh....this stuff is buggin me.