Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Startup Delay

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Startup Delay

Lately I've been having a problem with teg occasionally not having power when I turn the key. I sometimes turn off the car at stoplights (where the first occurrence happened), and now I've began to have this problem where turning the key results in nothing: No power, no lights, nothing (only sometimes).

I noticed the other day when leaving work when my (fuel pump?) was priming, it was making the typical buzzing or whatever sound that is when it primes after turning the power on, and I turned the key fully to start the engine and the noise stopped and I lost all power. I left the key half-turned for 15 seconds or so and then the power turned on and it finished priming, engine started immediately when I turned the key fully.

Basically, turning the key makes nothing happen for at least a little while, then all of a sudden I have power and it runs great other than that. What's going on here? Main relay? Ignition? I've yet to obtain experience in these things, and from what searching I've done these are my suspicions.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:59 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Startup Delay

Either the ign. switch is bad, [not an uncommon problem] or more likely it is a grounding issue.

Check/redo your main grounds, DO NOT just eyeball them, disconnect/clean/reconnect the batt. to chassis and chassis to engine grounds. 94