Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

So... I got a letter in the mail from Acura

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Celebrating 35yrs of Barbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So... I got a letter in the mail from Acura

Yeasterday I got this letter in the mail from "Acura Automobile Divion" about warranty extension. And I was wondering if anyone else got one?

This is what was in the letter...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Winter 2006-2007

Emissions Warranty Extension Reminder

Dear Acura Owner:

This letter is a reminder that your vhicle is voered by an emissions warranty extension. You may have already received a similar letter within recent years.

In 1998, Acura entered into an agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB). The reason for this agreement was an assertionn by the EPA and CARB that there is a technical problem with your Acura's On-board Diagnostic system (OBD) that causes it to not comply with the Federal Clean Air Act and California regulations. OBD is a required part of your vehicle's computer system that monitors the functions of the emissions control system.

As part of this agreement, Acura is providing owners of certain 1995, 1996, 1997 vehicles this warranty extension.

The Federal and Carlifornia Emissions Warranties have been extended to 14 years from the date your vehicle was first sold, or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first.

What You Should Do
If your vehicle fails a state Smog Check, or the Malfunction Indicator Lamp comes on (the amber Check Engine light on the instrument panel), take your vehicle to an Acura dealer. Under the terms of the warranty extension, the dealer will repair any emissions-related problem free of charge (including diagnosis, parts, and labor). Youshould maintain your vehicle according to the maintenance in your owner's manual. This schedule is designed to keep your vehicle'semissions control systems functioning properly.

If you have paid for parts/repairs which you believe should have been eligible for coverage under this emissions warranty extension, please submit copies of the repair orders and any supporting documentaion for consideration to:

Amecican Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Acura Client Services
P.O. Box 2964
Torrance, CA 90509-2964

Please note that only emissions-related parts/repairs may be eligible. Your book contains a list of emissions related parts. If you have lost of misplaced your warranty book, a replacement copy can be downloaded from http://www.acura.com (click on OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE, Owner Link, [Log in here], Warranty/Contracts). If you have any questions about this notice or your emissions warranties, please call Acura Client Services at (800) 382-2238.

Sincerely,

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Acura Automobile Division</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So... I got a letter in the mail from Acura (tensixty)

yeah bro free tune up. one time deal from acura if your car has under 150k you are all set
Old 01-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

too bad my car is 1999