Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Replacing the blower motor on my DA, got a quick question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing the blower motor on my DA, got a quick question.

So i'm replacing the blower motor on my DA, I've NEVER had heat in my car, and I think this is the problem.

Well I finally ended up getting the old one out, pull it out, and notice that on the OEM motor theres a socket. On the new one I bought, theres 2 wires. I'm guessing they need to be spliced into the plug

On the left is the new blower motor. The right is the old rusted OEM one:

So do you think I need to cut the wires and splice them into the wires connected to the plug? This plug went into the socket of the OEM motor

And for reference, heres what the inside of the new motors wires look like. Maybe I can cut off the plug, and thread exposed wires into these "plugs"?

Thanks doods!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Replacing the blower motor on my DA, got a quick question. (Morasso)

What did you get it out of?

You will have to splice the wires, but be sure to make sure you splice the right wire. It will cause your motor to spin backwards
Old 11-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Replacing the blower motor on my DA, got a quick question. (AWD Terror)

I bought it at autozone

Actually I messed up on the picture. Both socket outlets are Positive...

So do I just cut out the plug and shove the exposed wires into the blue sockets on the new blower motor?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Replacing the blower motor on my DA, got a quick question. (Morasso)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Morasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought it at autozone

Actually I messed up on the picture. Both socket outlets are Positive...

So do I just cut out the plug and shove the exposed wires into the blue sockets on the new blower motor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea.

You sure it fits? Just make sure that it doesn't end up spinning the wrong way before you put your car back together.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Replacing the blower motor on my DA, got a quick question. (AWD Terror)

Gonna try it right now....

I'll keep you guys updated...
Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Morasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Gonna try it right now....

I'll keep you guys updated...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool man. Let me know how it goes.

Like I said before, just plug it in and make sure it's right before you bolt anything up.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SWEET! IT ******* WORKS! FINALLY, I HAVE A HEATER!

Problem is, I found out my resistor is also dead, so I can only run my heat at the HIGHEST setting. But its a ******* start!

Pretty simple. I cut the plug off, stripped the wires, and threw them into the sockets.

Now I gotta find out where this resistor **** is.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Morasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SWEET! IT ******* WORKS! FINALLY, I HAVE A HEATER!

Problem is, I found out my resistor is also dead, so I can only run my heat at the HIGHEST setting. But its a ******* start!

Pretty simple. I cut the plug off, stripped the wires, and threw them into the sockets.

Now I gotta find out where this resistor **** is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice to hear? Did it work the first time? Or did you have to switch the wires?

Screw the resistor ****, just use your window if it gets too hot.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Worked first time. I assume that because its blowing air OUT that its spinning the right direction.

The resistor is actually real easy to get to. I'm going to rebolt my **** together and just roll with this until tomorrow. The resistor is right behind the glove box, and luckly I dont have to remove parts of the dash to remove the glove box. So I won't have to do ALL this work over again.

I really appreciate it AWD Terror, check out my build thread in my sig later tonight to see what else i'm doing Its pretty ballin!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:03 AM

is it the resistor that controls the speed setting (1,2,3 and 4 on the climate control) of how hard air/heater blows in? I'm having problems with mine. where could I buy one and how would you know if it is bad already?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Replacing the blower motor on my DA, got a quick question. (Aj_26)

Your resistor is bad if your heater blow ONLY on high.

Like my blower motor wouldn't spin on 1 2 or 3, I had to put it on 4 (the highest).

You can buy it at an Acura dealership, its like 40 bucks.