Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Removing Door Panel??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Door Panel??

Okay, i tried a search: integra door panel, integra door panels for both archived and recent and all i got was people selling their door panels.

So basically all i want to know is how to remove the door panel on the drivers side on my 94 Teg RS. I took out the screws: closest to the side view mirror (most obvious one), Inside the door handle (had to pop off the little cover thing and then unscrewed), and i even took out the screw at the bottom of the little storage compartment (not the one at the bottom of the door, the one most of us use to pull the door in when its open). With these 3 screws out the panel still feels like its screwed in or clipped in. Are their any screws that i am missing?? How do i get the damn panel off?? Thanks
Old 08-26-2002, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Removing Door Panel?? (Adampops)

i'm looking at a diagram for an acura alarm install that i just happen to have on hand here and looks like u got all the screws, however, there are still 7 retaining clips that you need to remove (8 in a sedan) + 1 other clip (not sure if this is the same as the screw by the driver side mirror u were referring to).

location of the others:
2 along the vertical side below the driver's mirror
3 along the bottom edge of the door
2 more along the vertical side opposite the driver mirror side (3 in the case of sedans)

Disclaimer: the info provided below is for reference only and no guarantee is expressed explicitly or implicitly for accuracy.

according to the instructions "pry up on the seven retaining clips on teh back of the door lining."

i guess u should be careful with these retaining clips. i haven't popped them off myself so not sure if there is a right or wrong way to do it without them breaking.

good luck!
Old 08-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Removing Door Panel?? (ee-gsr)

you can remove the door panel? wow. thats news to me. i've never bothered and i always thought the door panel was welded to the door.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Removing Door Panel?? (Soup ****)

Well, i just tried and i cant find any damn clips. I even put a screw driver in the side and tried to pry it open and i looked in with my flashlight and no clips in sight. So, my question is, how do they go in to fix windows. Basically, i have a stereo system in my car. The crossover is in the door panel (shop did it). Now my window wont go down all the way and i think its cuz its hitting the crossover in there. So i want to go in and move the crossover and secure it out of the way.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It should have come up in a search because I've posted this pic a few times before.

You're almost there. Pop off the panel from the bottom first. Getting it back on is a b!tch tho. You do NOT need the tools shown above either. Hands are sufficient.
I'd suggest you wear gloves because the silicone like stuff inside is sticky and pita to clean off if it gets on to your hands or your car's interior.

To put them back on, you have to hook the top part first then let it swing down. Then punch the top where the door panel hooks.

EDIT: I just read your last reply. Does the window go down slowly, or doesn't it move at all? If it moves slowly, It's most likely because the door panel was not installed properly. Had it happen to me to. Window would go down/up very slowly.

I don't know how your install looks like but I have mine attached to the door panel itself. My friend had it installed on the door.

A good place for your crossover is below the "hump" inside the door panel, and not in the door. Reason being that the screws drilled in the metal will loosen after time and rattle like hell. My friend's passenger door rattles.

Or use some nuts to hold the screw in place so they don't come loose. And apply loctite or some **** to keep it tight.

[Modified by Calavera, 5:53 PM 8/26/2002]
Old 08-26-2002, 04:50 PM

The door panel is just 3 screws. I think you got all of them off, so all you haveta do is yank it off. I think team-integra has an article about this.

Bottom line: Don't be afraid to pull.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Removing Door Panel?? (Lord Titus)

Anyone know how much the door panels weigh? And is it possible to take off the door panel except for the arm rest? Cause that's all you really need.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Removing Door Panel?? (G2Integrity)

Fianally i got it done. Yes, gettting it back on was the hardest part. And all i needed to do was give it a good yank. I was a little scared at first, but then i said **** it. Anyways, the crossover was sitting right in the way of the window, so i screwed it back into place, zip tied it for extra security, and im ready to go again. Thanks for all your help.

G2Integrity: The whole panel probably weighed at most 5 pounds. It was very light. And no i dont think you can just take off the fabric part, i think you gotta do everything.