Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Question about my ticket.. Court time!

Old 05-13-2002, 12:07 PM
H-T Poker champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my ticket.. Court time!

What should i do? Should i plead no contest or not guilty or what? i was going 71 in a 45.. The cop said i didnt have to go to court but i just called the place and they said i do.. so maybe he wont show up? One can only hope! But hopefully they dont **** me over with like wreckless op or something gay like that... BAH!!
Old 05-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about my ticket.. Court time! (GSR-OwnzJo0)

yuck, i got court for wreckless on the 22nd (82 in a 65 what BS!).. Im getting a continunce(sp?) to get my court date pushed back. theres a better chance the cop wont show. Im gonna do anything i can to get off this ticket or atleast get it dropped to jus a regular speeding ticket. I couldnt find any errors made by the cop on my ticket, but i did ask the cop if i could see the radar but she wouldnt show me.. But i heard in my state they arent required to show you. their only required to calibrate the radar. Im taking my car to honda to get my speedo serviced that way I can show the judge. hopefully he'll have some sympathy for me if the cop does decide to show up. To to answer ur question on what to plead, Id say if you think u have an argument plead not guilty.. whats the worst they can do to you? I mean 71 in a 45, thats wreckless im sure. jus my .02
Old 05-13-2002, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

plead no contest..
if theres an option for defensive driving.. take that..
get that ticket wiped off ur record so insurance doesnt boost ur rates and it should also lower ur insurance

^thats wat i did when i was goin 36 in a school zone

Also, you'll usually never see the cop there.. at least not in my part of texas

[Modified by xFlipNotiKx, 3:33 PM 5/13/2002]
Old 05-13-2002, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Question about my ticket.. Court time! (xFlipNotiKx)

I just got a pulled over friday night on my way to work and I am in the same situation. The cop did not have his radar gun on but wrote me a ticket for 70 in a 40. I was going down a hill and around a corner when he saw me, he was going the other direction. He also wrote on the ticket that I was exceeding the posted speed limit but there is not a speed limit sign any where on the road i was on. If I take this to court do you think i will be able to win because the speed limit is not posted and the cop did not clock me?
Old 05-13-2002, 01:20 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: Question about my ticket.. Court time! (95hybridcivic)

Im scared of authority.. i dont want the judge to look at me!! AHHH!!!
Old 05-13-2002, 02:23 PM
filetofit

Get your soap on a rope ready, YOU'RE GOIN' TO JAIL
Old 05-13-2002, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about my ticket.. Court time! (95hybridcivic)

I just got a pulled over friday night on my way to work and I am in the same situation. The cop did not have his radar gun on but wrote me a ticket for 70 in a 40. I was going down a hill and around a corner when he saw me, he was going the other direction. He also wrote on the ticket that I was exceeding the posted speed limit but there is not a speed limit sign any where on the road i was on. If I take this to court do you think i will be able to win because the speed limit is not posted and the cop did not clock me?
If the cop f****d' that up twice, then you should be able to get off. Do you have any previous tickets? If the cop didn't clock you or pace you, he can't write a ticket for a specific MPH, only for wreckless or careless driving. But, there is still a speedlimit, even if it isn't posted, like 25 in a neighbor hood, etc. HTH, and hope you can get off, *most* cops suck a**.

-Andrew