Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Petition Mechanic - B18b1/p8r-7 head Kill

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Petition Mechanic - B18b1/p8r-7 head Kill

Car had NO PROBLEMS, didn't burn oil. Was fast, this is in November last year.

Worst mistake ever..
Haha, isn't this the truth about a certain car shop? QUOTE"""The fact that they keep telling you to come and get it isn’t a good sign, because they’re just trying to get it close enough without actually making sure it’s right. Engines are finicky and you can’t just be counting hours until you can push it out the door and expect it work for the next 60,000 miles """.

Hell, Id be happy with the next 100 miles of reliability. Head-gasket warped, bring to shop... okaythey get head gasket back on and all tightened, head was re-planed., I pick it up 2 days later. Cruise maybe 30 miles on my njew engine and you'd think new timing belt + tensioner (no ps pump or ac like how lazy can you get) Thing is my timing belt was in good codition, and I dont know if he replaced the 1 right after the head gasket, tensioner and all, but the 2nd time he must have either just tightened it Timing belt snapped (pree sure ur suppose to replace that when head gasket...so bring it back toi the shop, they say the none of the valves n pistons are bent. How'd they know this without tearing down the blocking and showing me no compression numbers? Must be magic.

Now since the engine was so good to go, and they said it was still good... Sure as hell 15 miles on trip. Car misfires like crazy, tried 30 to 60, tach movin twice as low if not more, and then I parked it, and it hasn't cranked since. Timing belt is so damn tight you can even sway it... and the intake side should be way loser because they can get binded on the intake smaller side way way easier.

So FINALLY get 2nd timing belt put on, oh make it 5 blocks, turn around a hose they didn't clamp on securely was just spraying anti-freeze).

So NOW.. where we sit, bout week ago pick up car.,. it would stall when i would push the clutch in, like lkterally 1200 rpms tpo 300-200I was like wow just got this back... better still have the power lke before.

NOPE. did a 30 to 60 pull, rpm tach climbed damn near twice as slow,

shop excuse #`1 tells me I don/t know my car was treated in past and its not reliable. THIS IS PTOWN FOR YOU, dude didn';t even know an Acura was a honda.

First time, timing belt snap... 2nd time;... the tensioner for timing belt I think is bound up / broke... yeah 2 timing belts ive physically had the car in mt possessiobn in between those two times maybre a day, 70 miles max, not beating on it ONCE..,.yeah timing belts sure just snap like that.

The timing belt is insane tight on the exhaust side of the head which I personally know if that side is too tight,that means the intake side basically had NO CLEARANCE, its called look up how to fix soimething before you do it the wrong way twice.

Dude put NO WARRANTY on my b18b1 block. LOL yeah he doesn't know those are 100-200 bucks, he can keep paying for my p8r-7 head though, smh rant over... Im out $1200...dude better make ti right or your business will be going down here real quick, pretty sure this is scamming, .lol 1200 for nothing fixed **** please I could have built the engine myself with actual performance parts for cheaper....

Probably the biggest thing that pissed me off, was him calling Hondas unreliable and said I should sell it once its fixed.
Dude is trying to make me think my b18b1 block just failed from too much power? Block got maybe 100k on it... Pretty sure my friend had identical car, identical engine, slapped turbo on it and dyno tuned. This block held over 240hp with stock internals, and your telling me mine blew up at 100k in ptown where the roads are too shitty for me to beat on it, like nah your dreamin, better get to researching then hondas, so yoiu don't **** the one somewhat tuner in town

Yep moral of story..,there is only like 2 or 3 hondas in ptown, id love seeing a sufu shop askin what an acura is, like really WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT AN ACURA IS .... don't know it, no pride in my car, just did horrible horrible job.

Sorry since hondas are not reliable, or my car isn't so you say, guarantee I pull up there in a pontiac grand prix, its sad when peopeke no, no grand prix, no grand am, yea 24 mpg and gettin walked **** 120 horsepower hondas...own... Another ptown shop who can't see past boring *** daily drivers and trucks... LOL this is a joke.

Ill be gettin my money bruhj, or Ill see you in court, next time dont treat my honda like a grand prix and time it twice incorrectly, yeah these cars make power because **** has to be set up right...Like nothing more to say, besides better be buyin me a $1200 engine now, and then ;leave my car the **** alone.

I have kept my tongue quiet for a week and a half now, but after he basicallt told my dad not his fault probably previous owner...RIGHT RIGHT. you know you can check the compression in a block without tearing it down, not saying engine is good to **** it up AGAIN w/ a timing disaster.

Should have never once went there when I heard he said he didn't work on Acuras,they require special tools... oh wait an acura is a honda?

SERIOUSY< I wes satisfied with the head gasket, but then timing belt snaps right after? timing was completely off, tell me yoiu can't time my car before you try for the SECOND time and completely seize my motor up now and then say its not your fault please timing belts go out maybe ever 50k hell even 30k rarely, but FIFTEEN ****** MILES. I DONT THINK SO,.

Can;t wait to hear the bitch storm for talking **** about another worthless shop in this toiwn. Dude put helicoils because 3 block threads were stripped, so he wants me to sell my car for not reliable, but then writes on my receipt no warranty over a 100 dollar block...

Charges $1,200 for:
wow took this super hard head off my car and looked at the valves no idea wht they should look like, don't even know the size and maybe check the valve clearances which were hella off when I am paying you to do my head gasket and re-polane my head.

Okay.... so that the part I feel you actually deserrve money for, But you want to tell me you just charged me well over 600 for the timing belt breaking, anjdthen breaking again... 2 days later, now i cant even build my block because im not relying on those bull **** threads....,

Id love to know what you did to my timing belt, unreal to break twice in 1-00 miles.;.;;.

Sayin **** like "that car hates me I swear" just shows me how unprofessional you are. I love that car, she my hobby bro, your a mechanic, you are suppose to fix ****, and if you **** it up pay for it, or just refuse to work on my car saying you don't have the knowledge.

Well I will get a ride up there soon I heard all the excuses, I have devybkjed everyibe but what i acually did which was headgaket overheating.
|
HEADGASKET doesnt affect your bottom end, aka when it broke, abd the timing belt breaking the NEXT day after you fixed my head gasket in litrally 8 blocks no power died. Sure as hell at the shpop again for fkin ever, and then now you said ENGINE IS GOOD, DIDN'T TEAR DOWN BLCOK BUT ENGINE IS GOOD. Then either the timing belt is now binded and fucked up, wont even crank anymoreou

SO YES, your timing belt bullshit, and now no replies makin up some bullshti excuses, oh yeah heard you plugged a sensor in by the oil pan?

Why would plug anything in,this car us tuned on a p78 ecu... and is converted to OBD1 from OBD2, I even explained this to you

A simple www,google.com "How to properly time a Honda reveals millions of search results and damn near all parts are interchangeable.

Also google "obd2 to obd1..... specifuically says nit have it hookedup? **** 20 mins ago didnt kno what an acura was now just a pro pluggin in electrucal shi cam sensor... it should run great converted to obd1 without that sensor plugged in.

Huge THANK YOU for ruining my entire engine, literally I should have just got my whole set up stolen, same **** looks good outside with that 1200 bill and not even cranking over. U want the ;list of what alll happened, how I had responsibility for ONE thing, and had no control over the rest hel was uib njy car for 2dats before timing belt brpoke agaihn, annd it misfired after leavibn the shop, slowlygot worse, then just died.

Timing is to blame, my block didn't just blow up at idle.

Also heard loud *** knocking after you replaced the headgasket... sounded like a jack hammer hittijng the inside of my head.. turns out that would be a timing tensioner gettin lose/not put on right.... Yep.,. so totally my fault my engiine started knocking, but then after you did the timing belt the 2nd time, the knocking went away?

Really didn't replace the tensioner? common sense. well i betters see this be made right, I had respect when you worked on my SRT-4, did excellent, but now, im basically completely screwed. Enjoy your 1200 of a joke dude, i know kids in sufu who are 12 and couldn'|"t poossible **** up a clean honda as well as you. understand when they break ****, dont just charge the customer up the *** abd when my dadc comes back blow him off sayuibg we dobt;t jbiw giw the car was treated.

it was treated HELLA GOOD and had damn near perfect tune, until you completely ruined it from my p8t-7 ead which was found inonly years not even from here.. Yeah first car i had that I hadn't had to take to\+

Please tell me what you guys agree with, I have never had **** break some much
Old 03-21-2014, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cliffs:
-No tech at all
-just someone crying about how a mechanic didnt do the repair correctly

HT does not need this story cry to some one who cares because HT dgaf
Old 03-21-2014, 02:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Petition Mechanic - B18b1/p8r-7 head Kill

Seems like you know somewhat of the things he was fixing, you would have saved a lot of time and money had you just fix those things yourself.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I ended up realizing that, I just need to buy the tools needed. just super frustrating been 3 and a half months... paid him 1300, now my engine is seized, and he thinks he deserves this 1300? No hes gonna built my integra with his cash, but he is not steppin near my car, going up to the shop monday.

Gonna ask him all his bullshit excuses for how this isn't his fault lol back to back timing belt snapping ... he claims from the previous owner? ive had car for 7 months, and the old owner lives in the cities.. and then he said well you don't know how the engine was before you got it.

Um yeah actually, burned and leaked NO oil, like nothing, ran perfect, perfect compression, the timing belt snapping twice would ruin about everything possible.

And proceeds to tell me the valves and block were fine, didn't even compression test it. Throws my p8r head on it, sure as hell do a pull, SLOW as fk, my friend was with me, and he was like "wow, they fucked this car up"

Drove it back to town, died idling 2 blocks from my house, then wouldn't crank. Replaced started no crank. Dizzy is good because had to replace that before.

I hadn't touched my car, **** it would break before I could even open the hood. Lol was insane reliable before... now.. basically dudes gonna pay me or pay me and get known all around this town as a scammer, and peace out to his shop.

How do you even call yourself a mechanic when you don't know an Acura is a Honda?

And then he be talkin ****. like this car is unreliable.. yeah dumbass pretty sure a honda which has an interference engine is not gonna run right when you can't time it.

Timed for 6 months didnlt slip once nothing till he got his hands on it.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Basically this car was fast, and tuned perfectly. It was not just a stock LS, it was nonvtec but I hadn't lost to a gsr yet. Lost to 1 built LS Vtec, this thing has torque,with gsr tranny, and tuned.. i bet was arouund 160whp and thats not built. We were going to build it at this shop.

Repairs head gasket, changes timing belt, i have no ps or ac, so all he had to do was changing the timing belt tensioner

instant next day drive it 8 blocks dies snapped timing belt.

Warps my $800 head the first time, and then this 2nd time valves probably bent, then he thinks he done.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh well, just time to figure out a build now I suppose.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why dont you take him to a small claims court for improper repair and as a result catastrophic engine failure. If you have some sort of log showing nothing was wrong and you brought it in for some basic work and afterwards it leads to a total failure you might be able to make him pay for damages.

I dont know much legal stuff. But it sounds like something you could pursue
Old 03-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

speaking from experience small claims is a lot of work.
even if you win you then have to jump through hoops to garnish wages and such.
i finally got the license of the dude who hit me suspended and his sister's too since it was her car. she totally freaked out about that then the $ started flowing my way but it took 2 years. the revenge was sweeeet though lol so there is that.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

In Ontario there is a 3 month/5K km's warranty on all labour how easy it is to claim is hard to tell as most of the shops around here are good, you can tell when a place is sketchy just by how it's set up. I needed my exhaust welded up once during the school week(I live in Toronto and can't work on my car there) but the cheapest place I found the "head mechanic" was wearing shorts and a ripped up jean vest lmao I actually left my car with them idk why but I came back 20 mins later dude can't get it on the lift because it's "too low". thing was at near stock height too OP you gotta get your own tools and DIY I don't trust anyone other then Teknotik with my car for the few wiring thing I can't do my self other then that I take the part off and bring it to a garage seeing as they love to "test drive it" which I don't let anyone do.