Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

No radio or cig lighter power? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No radio or cig lighter power? Help!

So it went out for no reason about 3 weeks ago and I am finally insane from no music lol. I checked all fuses even the backups and nothing is blown. (Under the hood and under the steering column area) I have no power at all. What can I do to check it? I have the cigarette lighter device in my hand and it is odd, one of the wires is snipped but it always has been.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:57 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: No radio or cig lighter power? Help!

MM&Y of car would help????

What color is the wire that is "snipped"? 94
Old 10-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
MM&Y of car would help????

What color is the wire that is "snipped"? 94
1997 Acura Integra LS (Non-VTEC engine, Automatic :/)

Yeah the person that owned this car before me was a young teenager and a complete moron. I blame myself for buying this car after he owned it.

Anyways, I want my radio to work. I read somewhere that the radio and the cigarette lighter are on the same network(fuse). I checked ALL of the fuses and nothing is blown. (Anyone have a diagram for double checking?)

The wire is a solid RED wire that is snipped. The black/red and black wires are fine.

I found this diagram http://www.team-integra.net/images/B...ter_wiring.jpg and it looks exactly like mine except the red wire is snipped and on the top left of the picture where the red and red/black wire connect into the little white box thing(actually on the metal part of the lighter) I have no white box.

My radio has always worked but now it doesn't.(1 year of ownership, no issues til now)

I am at a total loss of mind here.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:43 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Red/black is illumination power, red is illumination ground, [from DLBC] the "white box" is where the illumination bulb is, [should be] just like the one on the top of the ash tray housing.

The white/blue is the lighter power, black is ground.

At the radio plug the white blue is also power, [memory] it is hot at all times and fused at fuse 47-7.5A, [hot at all times] in engine bay fuse box, most likely marked as fuse 11 on fuse box cover and as back-up fuse.

No power on the white/blue will not prevent a stock HU from working, it will just not maintain memory, [radio presets] on the other hand if you have an aftermarket HU it will not work if there is no power to the white/blue lead.

Also, if it is an aftermarket HU, the HUs constant power, [yellow] should not be connected to the stock 12V constant, [white/blue] as it can not supply the current needed by an aftermarket "high power" HU, if that is the case it is probably why you have no power to the HU or lighter.

Start by replacing the 7.5A fuse with a new or known working 7.5A fuse, DO NOT replace with a bigger fuse, then disconnect the HUs yellow constant power lead from the white/blue and cap off the white/blue lead so it can not short out, then run a fused 12ga lead from the batt. to behind the HU and connect the HUs yellow lead to it. 94
Old 10-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

had that same problem with my car. it was a civic but same concept. basically i dont care for the cig lighter so i just left that alone. as far as the radio, run a wire from positive terminal on battery to your "hot at all times" or " 12v constant" wire on your radio. turn your key on. and if im right. it should work. if id did turn on, run that wire through your fire wall, put ainline fuse on it 10 amps and your set. worked for me and ive had it like that for long time now. also if you have a test light it will make things easier.