Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

New to the Integra Game

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New to the Integra Game

Originally Posted by Javane
So hey guys. I know these things get asked every day but I've been through many posts and couldn't find what I really needed.
I recently just picked up a 01 Integra, all stock with 252k miles (yes it's a lot but I figure I'll do a swap later down the line). I am just now learning how to drive stick too.

Anyways, swap is for later. Right now I'm thinking more along the lines of all bolt on I/H/E and also suspension. I've been reading the forum and looking for advice before I made this post. They were all out of date or not exactly what I was looking for. My goal is for my car is to be my daily, no racing, track or anything like that.
I recognized one thing going through the forum is that "you either buy it right or you buy it twice" so I think I'll take my time and get quality parts. So I'll be avoiding eBay products.
So what this what post is really about, is finding the right parts for my car. Budget wise, I'm a full time college student part-timert time job... That should say a lot...

Intake: CAI or SRI? I've seen people running no name pipes with K&N Filters.
Header: Didn't look too much into this but your opinion is valued.
Exhaust: I don't wanna spend $600 on an exhaust system but I do want it to be of some quality and not sound like a fart can.
Suspension: Coilovers vs lowering springs? I know a lot of people have skunk2 coilovers on their Integras.

Also a big thanks to Jimmy and Mac (I assume that's your name from Instagram) with the yellow bugeye, for helping me during the buying process of my car.

This is actually 3 inch pvc, I cut the factory air box and used the inlet to attach this pipe to the original intake. The air filter is for a turbo. I then used another pvc section to pass through the original hole down to the bumper where the factory air box was. Then I just cut a hole in the bumper so I have active forced cold air! Thanks to the vertical position of the filter, and that it's not directly connected to the ram air, I can drive in rain without fear of sucking water into the intake.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trm4life
I've recently watched a video on road kill garage, where they compared 2.5 inch to 3 inch pipe on a v8. There was virtually no power gain. It's safe to assume, 2 or 2.25 inch pipe will give you about the same power (maybe a difference of 1hp at high rpm) but 2.5 would just be unnecessary, it would also weigh more! I have no experience with high end headers. Don't know if they make more power than a cheap set, but I'm sure the fitment is more exact. I know the OEM cast header on my 92 GS is 4-2-1, therfore, still provides almost if not equal power. The cast is just heavier, therfore quieter.

​​​​ Stainless steel, is really thin. Thin enough that it can sound like a gasket leaking compared to cast. Basically you're going to get what u pay for, however I bought a cheap cat back system, and OBX racing cat. The muffler split at the seam after about a year, so I replaced it with a Flowmaster. The piping itself though, was T304 stainless, so it's extremely durable! I've had it for about 7 years now! Nice thing is, the muffler being bolt on, I can swap between the Flowmaster and an OEM muffler in minutes if I so desire. I do personally love the sound of Pacesetter cat back systems! Had one on my gf's Nissan. I was actually jealous lol.
This is some bottom tier advice right here.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is actually 3 inch pvc, I cut the factory air box and used the inlet to attach this pipe to the original intake. The air filter is for a turbo. I then used another pvc section to pass through the original hole down to the bumper where the factory air box was. Then I just cut a hole in the bumper so I have active forced cold air! Thanks to the vertical position of the filter, and that it's not directly connected to the ram air, I can drive in rain without fear of sucking water into the intake.
Holy rice batman!
Old 03-25-2017, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol, so that's what having PVC pipes in your engine bay looks like. Interesting.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So how's it going good people. It's been a while since I posted anything about my car.

Pretty much got nowhere 😂

I hope you guys don't feel your advice is useless but I came up on a little deal that got me a Tanabe Medallion Touring Exhaust System even though that wasn't the plan. I've had it on over a month and I like it so far. Take a listen:
https://youtu.be/YDMhNyEmL1c

I had to get a new CAT as well. Went with a walker.

Besides that, nothing else has been done. I plan on finishing the bolt ons next. Still don't know if I'm going CAI or SRI. Leaning more to SRI w/ velocity stack.

Then I need to get a header. Since I have a bolt on exhaust with cat, I'll need one that can work with my system.

Suggestions are welcome.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow you did much better with the cat back then I expected lol. Bravo.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CandyRedRC46
Wow you did much better with the cat back then I expected lol. Bravo.
Thank you very much. I've been doing my research, trying to get good parts.

I still need a header and Intake. Plus my radiator just went bad so I ordered a Koyo replacement.

Thinking about getting a paint job by the end of the year so my car can at least look decent.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds good. The way this thread was going, I thought you were going to try to make an exhaust out of PVC piping lol.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol 😂 I think that was the intake but no, I'm staying away from PVC (not knocking the idea).

I just installed a new radiator today because mine was leaking. I feel great because I actually did it myself ✊

Time to save for paint job. Might get the intake and cleaning the engine bay before that.

It's coming together slowly but surely.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just realized I never did post a picture of my car.

Since the last post, I haven't done much really lol. All I've done is add the intake, which is an eBay pipe+ K&N RF 1048 filter + Blox Velocity Stack.

I really want to clean the engine bay now.

My clutch took a crap on my last week, just got a new Exedy clutch. Hope to install the suspension at the same time

Old 11-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice hot air intake.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MotorMouth93
Nice hot air intake.

Thats how I’m living man.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Javane
I just realized I never did post a picture of my car.

Since the last post, I haven't done much really lol. All I've done is add the intake, which is an eBay pipe+ K&N RF 1048 filter + Blox Velocity Stack.

I really want to clean the engine bay now.

My clutch took a crap on my last week, just got a new Exedy clutch. Hope to install the suspension at the same time

nice integra bro and welcome
Old 11-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha. Anyways, car looks great!