Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

New to the Integra Game

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New to the Integra Game

Originally Posted by CandyRedRC46
I have had BC Racing coilovers on my 328 for about 3 years now and they are holding up great after 70k miles. They have Preload/Ride height /Dampening adjustments. I can make it ride like butter or handle like a race car. I am very happy with them and they are in the exact price range that you are talking about. I am considering them for my Integra and Hatch too, so I am trying to find out the pros and cons.
TBH, I'd like to know too. I was also recommended BC by someone else but when I did search, they were just a tad bit higher than Koni/GC. At first I wanted to spend about 600 or So, which would get me the Progress CSII.

so If anyone would give a slightly in-depth analysis of those options, BC vs Konj/GC vs Progress CSII
Old 03-14-2017, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DumpdEJ6
Just some advice: DC headers are notorious on here for being proven not to increase HP at all. I don't have personal experience with them, but look around in the All Motor section specifically and you'll see that they are almost universally reviled. A Hytech Toda/SMSP replica header is a good choice, new I think they are around $300 or so, but used they can be had for significantly less. I am on the low end/outlier section, I got mine used and rusty from a friend for $50. Some paint and heat wrap later and it's great.

As for an intake, you will get better results with 3" ebay tubing mated to a velocity stack and filter than any "intake system" on the market, brand name or not. You can't argue with dyno results, do a search for velocity stack vs XXXXX and you'll see that generic intake tubing with a velocity stack usually makes at least 1-2hp more than any intake system available, as well as being less than $100 or so. I personally have a Blox velocity stack with ebay piping.

Koni/GC are great suspension, and it's what I run, but I've had several friends who swear by Truhart, F&F, and D2 coilovers. The guy with D2 coilovers is one of the most knowledgeable techs I know, take that as you will.

Some very cheap insurance before/integrated with an alarm system is a hidden main relay killswitch. Very easy to make, (I did it and I'm "wiring impaired") and costs maybe $15, you just need wire and a decent switch.
So DC header is a no go huh? I'll have to look into that Toda replica and see.

Intake wise, EBay pipe should be good? Just get the Velocity stack. By the way, is there a specific brand I should be looking at for It? Or is Blox the go to brand?

Never looked into Truhart. I did give F&F a look but we're told they were no good. D2's are good but a little higher than the Koni/GC.

I'm probably going to get the alarm put in today, and I definitely wanted a kill switch.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do people actually drive around all day with no filter lol? Also the problem about those ebay/velocity stack dyno's are they are being done with the hood open on a dyno, not in traffic on a hot day with the hood closed.
If this is not a daily driver, feel free to ignore my post.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I get a little more confused by the day lol. I kinda thought V stacks were mainly used for cars that are driven on the track. And I've been trying to find videos and forum posts about daily driven cars with V stacks and I can't really find any good ones.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

isn't driving around w/o an air filter pretty much the same as installing a k&N?
just kidding sort of but after reading plenty of bad impressions i went back to a
mann filter wrapped with a stylish pair of white lace pantyhose lol.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol so today after I shelled out money for my alarm system, my check engine light comes on, the code says I need a new catalytic converter, just my luck. I figured since I'll have to get that welded, I might as well get the new exhaust system.
This is the setup I'm thinking about going with:
Piping= 94-01 Acura Integra Exhaust Tubing System - Mandrel Exhaust Systems
Resonator= Magnaflow, which I can add on with the piping from the site above ^^
Catalytic Converter= Magnaflow High Flow Cat
Muffler= Not sure what brand but I wanna go the oval-shaped route.

Any suggestion?
Old 03-15-2017, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pro tip AEM filters have a velocity stack built in.
Yeah that exhaust kit you posted is great, I used it for my 92 hatch, with magnaflow muffler&resonator, plus an additional third vibrant 12"OAL resonator.
It came out great, but I kind of wish that I went with three magnaflow mufflers (5x8 oval end, 22"x4" mid and 18"x4" front), as it is really hard to make a catless d-series with 2.5" mandrel exhaust and race header sound good.
B-series could possibly be easier, especially if you stay catted and go 2.25".

Here is some pics of that exhaust, mufflers and install:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...tomod-3252834/
Old 03-15-2017, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pro tip AEM filters have a velocity stack built in.
Yeah that exhaust kit you posted is great, I used it for my 92 hatch, with magnaflow muffler&resonator, plus an additional third vibrant 12"OAL resonator.
It came out great, but I kind of wish that I went with three magnaflow mufflers (5x8 oval end, 22"x4" mid and 18"x4" front), as it is really hard to make a catless d-series with 2.5" mandrel exhaust and race header sound good.
B-series could possibly be easier, especially if you stay catted and go 2.25".

Here is some pics of that exhaust, mufflers and install:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...tomod-3252834/
I checked out your hatch build, very very nice.
Do you advise doing what you did by ordering the resonator separately and just have the muffler shop weld it in properly based on the car?

So got 2.25, and use a magnaflow oval muffler at the end?

I probably won't be changing the header along with the exhaust system, though I wish I could. (Not in my budget right now and still haven't decided which one I want to get)
Old 03-15-2017, 06:28 AM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Blox velocity stack comes with a filter, I always run the filter unless I'm at the track, then I have a custom headlight intake that I put the velocity stack on. Blox is probably not the *best*, but I think the stack geometry is still legit and it was like $60 for the stack and the filter. For what it's worth, when I dyno'd my car I did a run with the filter off and one with it on, there wasn't a difference in HP. Only reason why I run no filter at the track is because cooler air + possible ram air effect = maybe a couple HP.

Attached pictures show normal driving setup: short ram stack + filter, track setup: extra elbow with stack - filter, and how it looks with the hood closed, respectively.

PS: I have friends who run a "short ram" stack and no filter all day, every day. I don't recommend it, but they haven't had any problems yet from it. I prefer to be safer with a filter.
Attached Images    
Old 03-15-2017, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The Blox velocity stack comes with a filter, I always run the filter unless I'm at the track, then I have a custom headlight intake that I put the velocity stack on. Blox is probably not the *best*, but I think the stack geometry is still legit and it was like $60 for the stack and the filter. For what it's worth, when I dyno'd my car I did a run with the filter off and one with it on, there wasn't a difference in HP. Only reason why I run no filter at the track is because cooler air + possible ram air effect = maybe a couple HP.

Attached pictures show normal driving setup: short ram stack + filter, track setup: extra elbow with stack - filter, and how it looks with the hood closed, respectively.

PS: I have friends who run a "short ram" stack and no filter all day, every day. I don't recommend it, but they haven't had any problems yet from it. I prefer to be safer with a filter.
Thank you so much. I was actually hoping someone would actually post a picture of what their setup was.
I did see that it came with a filter which I do like.

What size pipe did you go with? And I'm guessing the Velocity stack matched that size.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Javane
I checked out your hatch build, very very nice.
Do you advise doing what you did by ordering the resonator separately and just have the muffler shop weld it in properly based on the car?

So got 2.25, and use a magnaflow oval muffler at the end?

I probably won't be changing the header along with the exhaust system, though I wish I could. (Not in my budget right now and still haven't decided which one I want to get)
Honestly, it all depends on how good the exhaust shop is. The shop I went to does top notch work for a reasonable price, so I would rather them do it and find the optimal location, then be stuck with whatever the pipe kit thought was best.

Is this a question or a statement? If I were you I would get the 2.25" pipe kit and these two mufflers:
https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=10425
https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=11215
Old 03-15-2017, 07:09 AM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you so much. I was actually hoping someone would actually post a picture of what their setup was.
I did see that it came with a filter which I do like.

What size pipe did you go with? And I'm guessing the Velocity stack matched that size.
3" piping, and correct.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly, it all depends on how good the exhaust shop is. The shop I went to does top notch work for a reasonable price, so I would rather them do it and find the optimal location, then be stuck with whatever the pipe kit thought was best.

Is this a question or a statement? If I were you I would get the 2.25" pipe kit and these two mufflers:
https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=10425
I'm actually planning to go to this muffler shop down the street and check them out and get a quote. Then going to my mechanic and see what he recommends (in terms of a welder)

Yeah sorry, that was actually a question.
And I'm pretty clueless about exhaust systems so why exactly do I need 2 mufflers? 🤔 How does that work?
Old 03-15-2017, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

3" piping, and correct.
Great. I just wanna make sure its good for daily driving because that's all I do really.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm actually planning to go to this muffler shop down the street and check them out and get a quote. Then going to my mechanic and see what he recommends (in terms of a welder)

Yeah sorry, that was actually a question.
And I'm pretty clueless about exhaust systems so why exactly do I need 2 mufflers? 🤔 How does that work?
Because your car will sound absolutely horrible without a resonator in the center.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

People need to stop doing this:

Old 03-15-2017, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Because your car will sound absolutely horrible without a resonator in the center.
So you're saying that I should get that 4inch oval muffler in place of the resonator I was going to order with the pipe system, or I should get it in addition to it?
Option one: Pipe system, resonator from same site, plus those 2 mufflers you posted.

or

Option two: Pipe system, and those 2 mufflers you posted.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

People need to stop doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6VCan42MXY
Yeaaa that's not what I plan on doing at all. Sounds kinda obnoxious to me when it's straight piped.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would be tempted to try to fit a 22" resonator in there. I am not sure if it will fit though. The 18" will definitely fit. I would stay away from the 14". The 22 will sound the best, if it is possible. It really doesnt matter too much if you buy the middle resonator from them or from someone else.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

MAGNAFLOW RESONATOR - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Looks like you can definitely fit a 22"
Old 03-15-2017, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay order the 2.25" pipe kit and the two mufflers separate. It looks like the 22" will fit, so go with these two mufflers:

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=10435
Old 03-15-2017, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay order the 2.25" pipe kit and the two mufflers separate. It looks like the 22" will fit, so go with these two mufflers:

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=10435
Okay, so by getting these you posted, I definitely DO NOT need to get the resonator from the site right?
Old 03-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Correct.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a DC header, stock cat, then straight pipe to a Magnaflow muffler. Would be good for racing, but I need a little more back pressure for daily driving. I plan on replacing the cat with a better flowing one and adding a resonator. Even with a stock cat, my current set up is pretty loud.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol so I go to the muffler shop down the street, he charges $250 to weld everything together that was mentioned above. Then said $500 for him to custom make an exhaust for me, exactly how I want it.

Then my mechanic was like just go full bolt on exhaust system...

Anyways I still like the idea of a custom exhaust system.

What do you guys think on the pricing? For just the welding and the custom work? 250 vs 500.

Quick Reply: New to the Integra Game