Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

My DA build

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My DA build

Okay so I figure who better to share the battle of building my 1993 Integra with then the guys who share the same passion I do.

I bought my red 1993 Integra GS in 2007 for $2,000. A little rust but for the most part a clean and un-molested car. Shortly after the bug bit and I began looking at ways to modify it. I began to do the typical thing and do nothing but research and day dream. Then the accident. Nothing big just a shttered headlight and dented hood and fender. But it was the e-bay projectors that gave my initial push to start an actual build. Over the past two years I have bought and saved every deal I could come across. Here are some photos to start things off.

The damage wasn't so bad, but I justified the purchase of aftermarket headlights with the wife because a new passenger headlight was more then the pair. Ricey I know bu it was a start.

Lol It's amazing how the ***** on these things don't really show up in the pics!?!

There now those don't look so bad do they?

Next were the mirrors, though they didn't last long. Lol The mother in law took one off while backing out of the driveway.

Another damage pic.

Next I began to adress affordable performance parts. $28 fo a Fidanza short shifter curtesy of robearracing.com was right down my alley.

But the little stuff just egged me on. I wanted more. I found myself spending countless hours in a parked car trying to figure out how to actually start the build. Do I go for performance? Do I do the body next? so many different angles. But one thing I was sure of was whatever I was going to do I wanted to do it right and proper. No regrets for missing parts here. I picked suspension, but heres a clean pick of the bay anyway.

While trying to figure out where to start with the suspension I came across an awesome deal on my Sparco's. Can't wait to put these babies in. I mean they have made an awesome show piece in my spare room for the past year but I want more...

My first suspension pieces show up.

Opening the box felt so good I just had to order more parts.

But then I got these. I mean sure I was focusing on the suspension first but Supertech Nitride coated +5 valves for $100. Yeah I bought them.

Then another awesome deal popped up. I had been looking at password JDM's fenders for a long time. But they cost so damned much. But when I was offered $300 shipped I jumped at it.

(This was free)

A guy at work had built a Honda and we talked about them all the time. builds, ideas and so forth. Then one day he comes to me and says "hey I have some rims in my car if you wann look at them. I don't have my car anymore and could use the money". I went out and looked and to my surprise they were 15" Motegi's with BRAND NEW never driven on tires. Only down fall was a little red overspray (still haven't gotten it off but they are just sitting in the garage anyway). I agreed on $150 for the set and he asked if I would make payments of $20 a week so he would have money for work. I went to make the first payment and he asked for an additional $10 till Friday. I had no problem with that, he was a good guy so I handed it to him. Then the best part. he said "you know what let's call it even for the rims." HELLS YEAH. $30 for Motegi's

I have more parts but I have to take pics. I will update soon. Feel free to post comments or positive critisism.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My DA build

I didn't do this I swear...

Old 08-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Today's update. Pulled passenger side harness through firewall, pull out blower motor and heater core, all that's left is to pull back the fuel lines, 2 brake lines and drivers side harness (which will be the worst of course!)

and a word to the wise, be weary of heater core hoses that still have anti-freeze. It dumped right into my lap and no one told me untill actually leaked through my shorts. Should of known since my dad instantly started searching for the camera... dick.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Finaly got around to getting another parts pic. Just the traction bar though. Wish I could muster up the courage to take the hood and hatch completely out of the box, but now reason untill body and paint is done.

And the update of the bay. Really need a welder now guys. Someones gotta be willing to do it for a few bucks. All that's really left is to sandblast the front suspension parts and do body and paint, oh and finish looming my harness. (P.S. ****ing with the harness sucks ***. About a half an hour into de-looming I told my dad "screw this ****").

Old 08-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just a little bit of an update. May not look like I've done much but believe me I have. Just need to install my ES rear trailing arm bushings to put the rear suspension back together. And I've got to remember to snap some pics of my Wicked Tuning rear camber and Toe kits. All I really need to do now is install my coilovers.

Oh and theres a few pics I forgot to load ealier on.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

More stuff I never posted. My Wicked Tuning Camber and Toes kits. Camber kits are bolted to the Chasse but still waiting on my rear trailing arm bushings to put it back together.

And I also re-ran my hood release cable.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lookin' good man. Reminds me of my DA build. What's you next step? cleaning and painting the bay? wire tuck?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Circusraven
Lookin' good man. Reminds me of my DA build. What's you next step? cleaning and painting the bay? wire tuck?
As of right now the wires harness is de-loomed and sitting inside. I'm waiting for a buddy of mine to come do some welding for me, then the wires will be re-run. But if he doesn't do it soon I may just do the body work and paint (doing a color change) and just find plugs for the firewall. I ordered my new bushing for the front Lca's, rack and pinion, rear trailing arms, shifter, new wheel bearings, and extended wheel studs the other day. Once I get all that and re-assemble the rest of my suspension there isn't much more that I can do. Pretty much just waiting on other people.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good so far and doing it right as well. Wire tucked my da and ran it for a while, looks good then u always want more my crx will be tucked and shaved!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you. And that is the exact reason I am doing as much as I am. I've always been the type to hate doing things twice.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

finally came across your build...up for an ashtabularacing.com member!!!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:40 PM

bump looks good
Old 03-15-2010, 06:06 PM

nice build bumpppp
Old 12-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think 17x9's are in order.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice build, keepem comin
Old 12-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

show be interesting. keep up with good work.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lookin good...
nice to see im not the only poor sap whos freezing my *** off in the garage haha
Old 12-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice build man, great work, headlights aren't my cup of tea but other than that it's going great!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very nice build...keep it comin!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love build thread. Keep up the good work and when a cheap oem headlight come by please grab it