Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Mini review - Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust for 96 GSR - courtesy of B18TurboEF

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini review - Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust for 96 GSR - courtesy of B18TurboEF

Just got my Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust for my 96 gsr, and I must say I'm very happy with the purchase. B18TurboEF sells these here on HT for the very reasonable price of 280 shipped! Yonaka is a relatively new brand and there's really not too much info out on them, but I decided to take the plunge because of the nice price and I'm glad I did. The piping is top notch mandrel bent piping, 2.25", and bolts right up, although I had midas do my install (no tools/nogarage). The HP gain is very noticeable at the low end; I noticed that my car picks up a lot faster at stops. The overall HP gain is very nice compared to the stock setup. The sound is a pleasant low rumble, and it comes with a silencer. The tip is pretty big but nothing too ricey. I'll put up pictures and sound clips later on this week. anyways, my mechanic also sells these and told me that yonaka exhausts are made by the same company as the exhausts from DC sports, and the exhaust quality is top notch, so its definitely worth the money, especially if you're on a budget. don't be put off by the low cost; its a great setup so far. B18TurboEF is a great guy who kept in touch with me and helped me out when UPS lost my package. Again, not a shameless plug here, but I am just being truthful and I want good vendors who sell good products on HT to get some shine.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mini review - Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust for 96 GSR - courtesy of B18TurboEF (kynetik)

Pics of the exhaust? Maybe even a vid/sound clip would be awesome
Old 10-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mini review - Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust for 96 GSR - courtesy of B18TurboEF (mjc1055)

yep, those are coming up this weekend anyone know where i can host the pics/clips at?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Mini review - Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust for 96 GSR - courtesy of B18TurboEF (kynetik)

nice cant wait to see pics and hear clips
Old 10-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mini review - Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust for 96 GSR - courtesy of B18TurboEF (Chillin94h

Yeah my friend sells Yonaka stuff as well. They seemed pretty nice for the price.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's not hp gains that you are felling in the low end... but it is the torque gains from the catback that you are probably feeling.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gsrious)

haha yeah my bad, in my excitement i made a typo thanks for the correction.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kynetik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yep, those are coming up this weekend anyone know where i can host the pics/clips at?</TD></TR></TABLE>
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/
Old 10-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Mini review - Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust for 96 GSR - courtesy of B18TurboEF (redGSRguy)

That's cool you went with Yonaka as well. Like I said I've had mine for 5-6 months with no problems. I'm still interested in how its going to hold up this winter, but being in decent rain there is NO RUST at all on the entire cat-back system.

The tip is kinda big at 4-4.5in I believe but I believe it looks fine.

Click to see Video

Thats a soundclip of mine. It has a minor leat at the bung for the 02 sensor in the cat. I welded it wrong and haven't fixed it.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mini review - Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust for 96 GSR - courtesy of B18TurboEF (97tegGS)

geez, somebody is burning some oil, huh?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's not hp gains that you are felling in the low end... but it is the torque gains from the catback that you are probably feeling.</TD></TR></TABLE>
wow. are you serious? if you gain in torque, you gain in HP. period. he DID gain HP down low BECAUSE he gained torque down low. you NEVER feel HP. you feel TORQUE. HP has to be measured by a dynomometer because our bodies are almost completely unable to sense it, just like our brains are almost completely unable to see acceleration of a body. and don't say you can feel HP, because HP depends on RPM, and unless you can ride in a car with eyes closed and ear muffs on and tell what RPM the engine is at then you can't sense HP.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice looking set up. where can i get it for 280 shipped? i looked on ebay, but they want 300+shipping for it,please pmme for more info

thanks
Old 10-27-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Mini review - Yonaka Motorsports catback exhaust for 96 GSR - courtesy of B18TurboEF (95lstegman

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95lstegman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">geez, somebody is burning some oil, huh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol wow. are YOU serious? ever heard of it being cold outside? how about a freshly started engine?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95lstegman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow. are you serious? if you gain in torque, you gain in HP. period.</TD></TR></TABLE>

um, not period. this is a very weak statement as you can gain TQ but lose HP at the same time. i've seen a few boosted LS motors get a base dyno chart, afterwards adding an aftermarket intake manifold, and lose HP but gain TQ.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (g4hacker)

look in the sponsor marketplace, the seller is B18TurboEF and you can PM him on here. here's the link also - https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1352249 - looks like it went up to 290, but still a great deal
Old 10-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kynetik)

[QUOTE=Thurman_Merman]lol wow. are YOU serious? ever heard of it being cold outside? how about a freshly started engine?<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
sorry, i've never lived where it's cold. i wouldn't really know about that first hand. it just looks like when he revs it, it smokes. when it's cold here in FL (yes it gets down to the 30's), it makes mist all the time, not just when revved. and when i start my engine, it doesn't smoke unless it's hella dry outside and cold. if it smokes when started you probably have bad valve stem seals.

[QUOTE=Thurman_Merman]um, not period. this is a very weak statement as you can gain TQ but lose HP at the same time. i've seen a few boosted LS motors get a base dyno chart, afterwards adding an aftermarket intake manifold, and lose HP but gain TQ.</TD></TR></TABLE>
you can't lose torque and gain HP at the same RPM. HP is a direct (not inverse) function of torque and RPM. so if RPM remains the same (i.e. we're talking about the same engine speed for the torque and HP), then HP and torque move together, although different amounts. still they will move in the same direction at any given engine speed.

and what you saw is a car that lost peak torque and gained peak power. this is because peak torque and peak HP are at different engine speeds. if you notice, it lost HP at the torque peak and gained torque at the HP peak.

damn, people want to think power and torque are some independent variables or something. they're DIRECTLY LINKED.
P=2*pi*frequency*Torque
^^^there, proof. look it up, folks. BTW 2*pi*frequency=lower-case omega, or angular velocity.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:45 AM

What was all included with B18TurboEF 's 280 dollar price tag? Just the muffler or?
Old 02-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do they make a 2.5 inch exhaust.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecmissle)

Im looking for an oval muffler tip.
I looked into the Apex'i WS1 and 2 set-ups but they have NO sound....
Now, if i go with a round type muffler, then it'll be too loud.... ex. Apex'i N1

I guess it'll stick with my stock GSR exhaust for now
Old 02-13-2006, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slo Cord)

i have the apex dunk exhaust and it sounds decent. I think on team integra thay have a few sound clips. Maybe a yakimoto exhaust also.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:00 AM

Default Re: (vtecmissle)

I might get this for my LS... Hows it holding in winter weather?

Old 02-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Integra Integra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Integra Integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I might get this for my LS... Hows it holding in winter weather?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just redid my suspension this weekend. And inspected parts while I was under there. NOTHING on the exhaust is rusty AT ALL, except for where ther tack the tag on the Tip of the muffles the tacks are starting to rust but if I gave it a good cleaning it would look like a just bought it.