Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

manual tranny issue, need advice

Old 12-11-2007, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manual tranny issue, need advice

I've done quite a bit of research through this website and on team integra, but none of the threads are conclusive and the issues posted appear to be different then mine.
The problem is, as of recently i'm having a hard time shifting into gears after about 20 minutes of driving.
I'd start of and drive just fine and then all of a sudden it starts getting harder and harder to shift into gears, until its next to impossible to get it into gear when i come to a stop. And i mean all gears. When i come to a stop at a red light there is no way i can get it into first gear and i have to pull my shifter really hard to get it into second and start in second. Now once rolling, upshifting is hard but doable. Downshifting on the other hand is nearly impossible. And reverse just grinds every time i try it After i turn the car off for a bit and start it up again its fine for another little while and then this starts happening again.

This is a manual b18b tranny in my integra, and i thought the tranny fluid or lack of tranny fluid was the issue so i changed it and put redline mtl in it, this didnt fix the problem but it seems like it's slightly better. I don't believe the clutch is the problem because it seems to be functioning fine, but im not going to rule it out as a potential problem yet. I'm not too familiar with syncros but i doubt all of them have gone bad at the same time since i'm having issues with all gears. So i'm out of ideas at this point.
What do you guys think the issue might be? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: manual tranny issue, need advice (bigm43)

I'm thinking it's the clutch. Do you still have the stock one?

If the clutch is not fully releasing, it will make shifting difficult
Old 12-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: manual tranny issue, need advice (AWD Terror)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AWD Terror &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm thinking it's the clutch. Do you still have the stock one?

If the clutch is not fully releasing, it will make shifting difficult</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 12-12-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: manual tranny issue, need advice (imsickofrice)

but if it was the clutch wouldn't i feel something when i press it? it seems like it's going in normal when i press it.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: manual tranny issue, need advice (bigm43)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigm43 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but if it was the clutch wouldn't i feel something when i press it? it seems like it's going in normal when i press it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Depends if it's cable or hydro.

Hydro - No

Cable - maybe