Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

JDM ITR SRS Steering Wheel Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:15 AM
All Secrets Known

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM ITR SRS Steering Wheel Question

I searched guys, really I did. In fact, I'm using Black Fire's detailed how-to.

My question is regards to the jumper that has to be placed in the OE cruise control harness to close the circuit, since it is shared with the horn circuit.

Where does the jumper go? Has anyone actually done it?

Thanks.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:24 PM
All Secrets Known

Default Re: JDM ITR SRS Steering Wheel Question (Options)

???
Old 01-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump cause i would also like to know
Old 01-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jaystillidie)

huh? jdm itr srs wheels dont have cruise button. cram the wires up in there, attach the air bag and horn wires, your done.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:55 AM
All Secrets Known

Default Re: (CeReal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CeReal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">huh? jdm itr srs wheels dont have cruise button. cram the wires up in there, attach the air bag and horn wires, your done.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey smart guy....I know that the JDM steering wheel doesn't have cruise control.

My question pertains to the cruise control harness on the OEM cable reel, not the JDM steering wheel.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Options)

Hmmm it doesnt really say anywhere but you are wanting your horn to work after your cruise control is removed right?

Well we know the yellow plug is SRS, and the black plug is the horn...so leaves the green plug which is the cruise control...but theres three wires...so which to pick...I guess you can put the steering wheel back on, plug in the horn, and then just jump two wires, check the horn, if it doesnt work, use another combination of the three wires...and so on and so forth, until you get it right. I guess with three wires it shouldnt be so bad...
Old 09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (denraweb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by denraweb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmm it doesnt really say anywhere but you are wanting your horn to work after your cruise control is removed right?

Well we know the yellow plug is SRS, and the black plug is the horn...so leaves the green plug which is the cruise control...but theres three wires...so which to pick...I guess you can put the steering wheel back on, plug in the horn, and then just jump two wires, check the horn, if it doesnt work, use another combination of the three wires...and so on and so forth, until you get it right. I guess with three wires it shouldnt be so bad...</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow man you bumped a 9 month old thread
Old 02-16-2017, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: JDM ITR SRS Steering Wheel Question

Bump! I can't find an answer to the Op's question in any of the steering wheel diy's. This thread comes up in searches. So, it made more sense to bump this one, instead of creating a new one asking the same question.

Just wanting to know which wires to place a jumper on in the cruise control plug to keep the horn operational. There are three wires on the plug. One for set, one for resume and one for the horn. Do I connect all three? Do I connect the set and resume wire together? Do I connect the horn wire with the set or resume wire?

Pardon my ingorance, but, wiring is beyond me and an answer will save me from taking the airbag on and off until I connect them correctly.

Thanks, Matthew
Old 02-18-2017, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: JDM ITR SRS Steering Wheel Question

Looking at the pic in the first post. On the green plug as shown, The horn wire is the one all the way to the right (the wire is red in my 99 civic) I think it's fine to put a jumper with either of the other two. I used a coated paperclip and a razorblade to cut back to the metal enough to fit in the terminals. Then, placed it in the horn terminal and the one just to the left (the middle, the wire is blue w/ red dots in my 99 civic) I also wrapped it with some electrical tape to hold in place. Horn works fine!