Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

integra muffler options for quiet operation

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default integra muffler options for quiet operation

i think i want a muffler like this for my integra. i just want one that will last and not rust out so easily, any suggestions i want quiet sound not loud. thank you

heres a muffler i found online. i may just have to try and get an oem integra muffler nice shape

http://assets.suredone.com/1517/medi...-1k0-120-l.jpg
Old 03-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: integra muffler options for quiet operation

If you want cheap and quiet ...yonaka is the was to go ... I love how quiet mine is
Old 03-23-2017, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've used a few different setups. Stainless steel headers, are a little noisy compared to cast. OEM manifolds are still tuned 4-2-1 piping, but a few pounds heavier. You really only need 2 or 2 1/4, 2 1/2 is just too big and will hit your heat shield, or if u have a short shifter, the heat shield can be rubbed by the shifter linkage. I have over sized stainless steel on my car, with a new OEM muffler. I've had a Thrush, and a Flowmaster. The thrush was a very unique sound, just sounded mean but it was a bit loud. The Flowmaster, was just ridiculous, however they make quieter versions! Now with the aftermarket oversize pipes and an OEM muffler, I really enjoy the sound. Quiet, but not silent while cruising, great sound at full throttle. I have a couple videos on YouTube, channel trm4life.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trm4life
I've used a few different setups. Stainless steel headers, are a little noisy compared to cast. OEM manifolds are still tuned 4-2-1 piping, but a few pounds heavier. You really only need 2 or 2 1/4, 2 1/2 is just too big and will hit your heat shield, or if u have a short shifter, the heat shield can be rubbed by the shifter linkage. I have over sized stainless steel on my car, with a new OEM muffler. I've had a Thrush, and a Flowmaster. The thrush was a very unique sound, just sounded mean but it was a bit loud. The Flowmaster, was just ridiculous, however they make quieter versions! Now with the aftermarket oversize pipes and an OEM muffler, I really enjoy the sound. Quiet, but not silent while cruising, great sound at full throttle. I have a couple videos on YouTube, channel trm4life.
The thrush and flowmaster videos sounded awful. The full exhaust plus oem muffler didn't sound that bad, but I couldn't imagine it doing much with the factory muffler bottle neck. You should have invested more in quality resonators and an oem ITR DC2 or DC5 muffler or even a twin loop or magnaflow straight through. Baffled mufflers, on a four cylinder, with out quality resonators is a big nono.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CandyRedRC46
The thrush and flowmaster videos sounded awful. The full exhaust plus oem muffler didn't sound that bad, but I couldn't imagine it doing much with the factory muffler bottle neck. You should have invested more in quality resonators and an oem ITR DC2 or DC5 muffler or even a twin loop or magnaflow straight through. Baffled mufflers, on a four cylinder, with out quality resonators is a big nono.
oh I'm aware they sounded pretty rude! I actually haven't posted any videos of the sound with the OEM muffler. If I get my car running tonight, I'll take a video tomorrow.