Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

I need help with a leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with a leak

ok here is the story. i have a 2000 acura integra ls with a b18b in it. i changed out my OEM intake manifold with a Skunk 2 manifold. after everything is attached and im on my way home it starts to overheat bad. i check the coolant and its all out. i did refill it and have done so 4-5 times now. i burped the system as well. well after some investigating im seeing that it looks like it is coming from the EVAP canester or a hose from it. but there is also a drip from a hose that runs up next to my fuel filter. the hose that i think is leaking comes from a sensor box ontop of the EVAP canester which has a connection going to the sensor ontop of the manifold itself. but the hose i think is the problem also does not have a clamp on it holding it to the neck it goes on that looks to run under the car. it only really starts to leak when the car is put under load. i have changed out the thermostat and fan switch with MUGEN parts and they both ore working fine. i dont know what to do now. if pics will help i can get some and post them for some help.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: I need help with a leak (integraguy2000)

got it figured out. for future refrence, make sure you have gotten sleep before working on a car.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Soldering Iron Wizardry

lol, i am going to install the same manifold on a Ls as well this weekend, i'll be sure to rest up lol. you wouldn't happen to have any pics of how you ran your evap solenoid in with your pcv valve..? i think it would help simplify things thanks
Old 03-28-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: I need help with a leak (dc4_wHORE)

this is what im going to have to do. im going to have to tie into the break booster line with the end of the evap sensor that has the o-ring on it and run the vacume line from the purge on the evap can to the other opening on the sensor.. there is a nipple on the underside of the intake manifold that is next to a coolant line that is going to be capped off. i believe it is something for a crv since the same manifol is used for the B20. (see pic)

it will also help alot to take some pics of the vacuum lines and coolant hoses to see where they go after you install the manifold. make sure to have a 10mm and 12mm open end wrench and sockets, and a pair of long needle nose pliers.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: I need help with a leak (dc4_wHORE)

also make sure to have a friend helping you. it will also help to remove the hood and finders (if you can) and front bumper (also if you can) because they will get into the way a little. the bolts on the underside are not easily acessed and will take time to remove. also, there are two bolts under the manifold that are going to be a pain to remove. make sure also to drain the coolant.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Soldering Iron Wizardry

thanks for the pic, i tried to install mine last weekend, but, well here is my problem, https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1934048 i think i got the whole evap thing figured out, but take a look at my thread...