Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

I KEEP BLOWING OUT THE SAME FUSE. PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I KEEP BLOWING OUT THE SAME FUSE. PLEASE HELP!!

Okay so I was driving the other day. And i was coming up to a stop, i put the car in neutral and it just died out. As I was still rolling i tried doing a rolling start up, didnt start. So i pulled over, and noticed my fuel pump was not turning on. All power turns on tough. Then when i popped the hood i checked all the fuses, and noticed one was blown. Its the top left fuse (15) size. I replaced it, and blew out the same fuse 50 miles later. Replaced it again and it blew out 15 miles later. Then 5 miles later. And now its popping fuses at every start up, and i noticed some smoke coming through the dash. Does anyone know how to help... please thank you
Old 12-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I KEEP BLOWING OUT THE SAME FUSE. PLEASE HELP!!

you have a short somewhere is what it sounds like. stop replacing the fuse and trace the problem down starting at the fuse box with a test light. u need to find out what that fuse runs and then u will know where u need to look for problems. if there is smoke coming from the dash that sounds like you have some wires under there that are maybe shorting out cause there are 2 hot wires touching each other or one is running to ground thats not supposed to and keeps blowing the fuse. that kinda problem generally takes a lil while to figure out cause there is alot of places where **** can go wrong. good luck though
Old 12-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I KEEP BLOWING OUT THE SAME FUSE. PLEASE HELP!!

ok kool thanks