Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

I got hit...any good shops in MI?

Old 04-13-2002, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got hit...any good shops in MI?

OK, so I am driving on a 5 lane city road (Grand River, almost to MSU, if you guys live here). Someone turned left out of the local IHOP and merged all the way over to my lane (right most) and hit the back driver side quarter panel of my '95 GS-R. It's dented and scratched from right behind the door to the bumper. It was his fault and he got the ticket, and insurance will cover everything. There are scratches on my (stock) rim too, it might be bent. Also, when I go through some turns, there are a few squeaks and groans from the suspension. I assume my alignment is out of whack or something. What all should be fixed besides the body? I definatly am going to get a new rim (I can keep the old one as a spare ) but what parts on the suspension should be looked at or fixed? I live near MSU in Michigan (Lansing/East Lansing area), does anyone know of any good body shops close by? The only dealership near by is a Honda one, and last I asked, they said they don't work on Acura's cuz they can't get parts or some bull. The closest Acura dealership is Ann Arbor, an hour drive for me. Should I just take it to the dealership since it's all covered by insurance? If I can convince the Honda dealership to work on it, should I take it to them or not? Thanks for the help everyone!

-Andrew

Old 04-17-2002, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I got hit...any good shops in MI? (Stealth 95 GS-R)

^^^^^^^^
Old 04-17-2002, 06:18 AM

Default Re: I got hit...any good shops in MI? (Stealth 95 GS-R)

That sucks. I know where you are talking about on GR. Unfortunately I am not from EL to be able to help you with finding a good shop. But, There are better body shops than the dealers, trust me. I had a brand new FBP 00 civic that got a massive door ding in the front fender. I took it to the dealer and they painted it a color that wasn't even close to FBP it was closer to the dark grey on a Accord. This was at Duthler Honda in Grand Rapids. The Acura dealer in GR is topnotch tho, so I wouldn't hesitate to recammend them.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I got hit...any good shops in MI? (soupaflie)

k, thanks