Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

HOW TO REPLACE THE HEATER CORE

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO REPLACE THE HEATER CORE

I have a 94 integ ls coupe. The heater core is broken does anyone have experience replacing this? I will definitely need step by step instructions. I know the removal of the dash and glove box is a must but will this interfere with the airbag? Do I have to do anything with the AC? I was told that I would have to recharge my AC when I'm done? Anyone know what caused the heater core to be damaged or what might happen if I don't replace it soon? Any help will be great ... thanks a bunch.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: HOW TO REPLACE THE HEATER CORE (tweee)

hondahookup.com has service manuals you can download, very helpful in replacing stock parts
Old 08-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW TO REPLACE THE HEATER CORE (rkrone)

man get ready for a long diy process, it took me without a manual about 15 hours start to finish. take your factory stereo out-i had aftermarket and alot of wiriing to undo, take your radio out first, and the center console, glove box, etc, hint- buy one of those magnetic pans from automotive at walmart to save from losing bolts. your gonna have to drop the steering column down to the floor, and yes everything comes out almost, no you don't have to mess with airbag, do not unplug any of the yellow harness'es if you can help it, i don't think i did, but maybe i did, who knows, i remember it coming out, but be careful, pretty much it appears the very first thing they put in is the heatercore, so pretty much everything in the dash is packed in around it. sorry man.oh and sometimes if you bend the core inlet or outlet under the hood, you can crack it and it will leak. and battery under hood has to come out to, cause ac stuff behind it has to come out.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never heard of the a/c needing to be recharged
Old 08-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW TO REPLACE THE HEATER CORE (tweee)

Thanks again for the help ... I'm just gonna hand my car over to my bf's dad's friend ... hopefully by sunday night my car will be fixed and it will stop smelling like **** ... after that I'm going to remove the two front seats and pick up a commercial steam cleaner to steam clean all the seats and carpets ... finally I get to put in my brand spankin new factory floor mats that came in two days ago woo hooo!!!!