Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

having electrical issues 96 integra

Old 04-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having electrical issues 96 integra

ok my problem is my engine is positively charged. its reading around 3 volts all around the engine trans motor mounts and all. the car will not start on its own but I can pop start it and it will run but not good exactly idle surges etc. now I replaced and cleaned all my grounds/surfaces, put a new starter which burnt out the 1st one and im sure this one as well since I cant hop start it. ive also checked my main relay replaced my ignition switch and checked my starter relay. ive checked over the harness and checked my car with someone else's harness. now it only becomes positively charged when in the on position and not running.(haven't checked when running due to my thermostat started not opening up out of nowhere) and the starter signal fuse will also receive the same amount of voltage. im curious to know if any 1 else has come across this problem before. and when I came across this problem is when I kept trying to start it during fixing a grounding issue prior (was secondary 02 wire grounding against the frame) figured all problems would be resolved after figuring that out but it didn't and hasn't even tried to crank since. so if anyone can give me any ideas on where to check or what else to look for/replace check etc im open to ideas as I need my car back as soon as possible.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: having electrical issues 96 integra

If you are reading voltage on the engine, you have a grounding problem, redo your main grounds, [batt. to chassis, chassis to engine] DO NOT just eyeball them and see if they are tight, disconnect/clean/reconnect. 94
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
If you are reading voltage on the engine, you have a grounding problem, redo your main grounds, [batt. to chassis, chassis to engine] DO NOT just eyeball them and see if they are tight, disconnect/clean/reconnect. 94
that's why im asking for help. ive replaced all my grounds and power wires. im gonna go through all of them again just to make sure again.even though ive done this.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Simple test, clamp one end of a jumper cable to the batt. neg(-) and the end to the engine or transmission, see if starter will crank the engine. 94
Old 05-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it doesn't ive tried that. starter has been replaced twice it keeps burning the starter out. the starter gets reads voltage when the key is In the on position but not trying to start. (koeo)
Old 05-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What about alternator, voltage regulator migh be grounding as soon as engine turns.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GenXTeg
What about alternator, voltage regulator migh be grounding as soon as engine turns.
ive been reading about that but even if I take off the power to alternator chassis grounds out. but I was also wondering if part of my fuse box under the hood might be corroded or possible some type of frayed wires. ive tried looking up symptoms but cant really find any. my coolant fan relay buzzes even if I unplug all the wires ***. with it. so im wondering if anyone else had this type of problem. and if that's what fixed it.