Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

green climate control lights.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 green climate control lights.

hello! i have a 95 integra with a b20. car has been running well until 2 days ago. i recently i had a dead battery at work..i got a jump and got it home, went inside to get my dogs to walk them and i came back out and the radiator fan was running. (i jumped the connector with a paper clip) it shouldnt have been since the plug was jumped. so i unplugged the clip. its turned off. later that day i went to start the car again and the battery was dead.. i took the battery out and took it to autozone to test it and it in fact came back bad. so i bought a new one. put it in. and tonight when i was walking my dog i noticed that my little green climate control light was lite up. so i started to try to find the main cause.... i unplugged the ignition wires from the fuse box. didnt fix it. with the car off i pulled every fuse that had power to it and still the light didnt go out.. i disconnected the blower motor.(which doesnt work) and the plug on top of the blower motor. didnt make the light go out. so i took apart my climate control. the wire with power is black/yellow and it runs from the climate control to a black box next to the gas pedal. that box controls the vents opening and closing. hen the key is out and you push different vent settings you can hear it working. are these lights supose to be on? could this black box be shorted out? any ideas please! thank you in advance.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: green climate control lights.

Those lights should only be on when your parkers/headlights are on. Sounds like you have some major electrical issues. It might have something to do with the B20 swap, crossed wires during engine removal or install. Try removing the fan relays and see if the fan still comes on with the connector plugged in. Would this car happen to have a remote start?
Old 02-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: green climate control lights.

Hello, thanks for the response but i did figure out the issue. it was what i believe to be the "radiator fan timer relay". its the relay right by the drive headlight on the radiator support. it was dangling, dirty and wet. as soon as i unplugged it the lights went off. so if anyone else has a similar issue i check there lol. thank you!!!