Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Gas tank size for integra

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas tank size for integra

i want to know how many gallon a 95 integra 4dr can hold.
i think is either 8-10 gallon. not sure
Old 11-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gas tank size for integra (Ruben19)

11.9 gallons
Old 11-05-2007, 03:21 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It should be 13.2 US gal (50 l).
Old 11-05-2007, 08:13 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gas tank size for integra (Dogginator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dogginator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It should be 13.2 US gal (50 l).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

The capacity is indeed 13.2 gallons. You can find the same number in your owner's manual and in the service manual.

It's up to you to decide when to fill it, and if you haven't run it dry, you won't be able to put 13.2 gallons in it, because there's still some fuel left in the tank before filling. The low fuel warning light starts going on somewhere around when you can put 9.5-10.5 gallons in the car. It takes roughly 11 gallons when the fuel gauge is at E. But you can keep driving it past that point, and fill with 12 gallons or more. If you feel lucky.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gas tank size for integra (nsxtasy)

bumping an old thread rather than make a new one ok........

when my tank reads exactly empty and i fill it up, it seems like it barely takes 9 1/2 gallons and that puts me way past full. is this common with the rest of you guys. it seems like my guage records only 8 1/2 gallons from exactly e to f on my gauge. i bet i could do another 40 miles on my motor past e before i run out of gas. only reason why i want to know how much i really have past e is besause im doing a homemade octane boost with toluene and i dont want the gas under e effecting my mix and overall octane target.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Gas tank size for integra (ivan93egreppin210)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivan93egreppin210 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bumping an old thread rather than make a new one ok........

when my tank reads exactly empty and i fill it up, it seems like it barely takes 9 1/2 gallons and that puts me way past full. is this common with the rest of you guys. it seems like my guage records only 8 1/2 gallons from exactly e to f on my gauge. i bet i could do another 40 miles on my motor past e before i run out of gas. only reason why i want to know how much i really have past e is besause im doing a homemade octane boost with toluene and i dont want the gas under e effecting my mix and overall octane target.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The fuel gauge is not calibrated. If the gauge faces were replaced, it is almost guaranteed to be off.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a couple things,

1. if your gas warning light still works. when it comes on, and is constantly on, you have roughly 2 gallons left, roughly.

2. you live in texas, you should be able to get 94octane and up gas. so why bother with the octane booster?
Old 07-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gas tank size for integra (Dogginator)

think so? my old ex civic used to do the same thing. both my civics did. is this purposely so people will not run out of gas if they read almost empty on their guage. ....

also what is the best way to find out how much gas is really in an "empty tank". is it easy to drain? im sure its atleast a gallon but not sure. i dont want to drive my car till it runs out of gas. wouldnt that have potential to clog my pump and injectors? i would think all the **** thats lighter than my gas floating in the tank would be the last to get pumped out thus clogging my pump . is this correct
Old 07-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivan93egreppin210 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">think so? my old ex civic used to do the same thing. both my civics did. is this purposely so people will not run out of gas if they read almost empty on their guage. ....

also what is the best way to find out how much gas is really in an "empty tank". is it easy to drain? im sure its atleast a gallon but not sure. i dont want to drive my car till it runs out of gas. wouldnt that have potential to clog my pump and injectors? i would think all the **** thats lighter than my gas floating in the tank would be the last to get pumped out thus clogging my pump . is this correct
</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. yes, to remind you that you need to fill up

2. easiest way, buy a 13gallon jug of gas (make sure. run your car till it dies). then fill her up. and you'll be fine if you run it dry. but not all the time, like once or twice.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gas tank size for integra (90_EX_Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90_EX_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

1. yes, to remind you that you need to fill up

2. easiest way, buy a 13gallon jug of gas (make sure. run your car till it dies). then fill her up. and you'll be fine if you run it dry. but not all the time, like once or twice. </TD></TR></TABLE>thanks but no thanks. if its bad to do it more than once then that sounds like one too many.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you should still be okay. one time won't hurt, just think of all the people that ran there cars till empty. it'll be fine.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 PM
no one wants to hear the truth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I HAVE A DB8 TOO..I THINK ITS 35 GALLONS...dont quote me
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gas tank size for integra (cetcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cetcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I HAVE A DB8 TOO..I THINK ITS 35 GALLONS...dont quote me</TD></TR></TABLE>

damm 35 gallons?
Old 07-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gas tank size for integra (90_EX_Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90_EX_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you should still be okay. one time won't hurt, just think of all the people that ran there cars till empty. it'll be fine. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, that is terrible advice...
Old 07-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gas tank size for integra (goota)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goota &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow, that is terrible advice...</TD></TR></TABLE> thats what i was thinking anyone else care to chime in as to how i tell how much gas is in my car. im thinking of buying a 5 gallon fuel cell and dropping my gas tank. do you think this would also help shave a few pounds?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivan93egreppin210 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> thats what i was thinking anyone else care to chime in as to how i tell how much gas is in my car. im thinking of buying a 5 gallon fuel cell and dropping my gas tank. do you think this would also help shave a few pounds?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean how do you find out how many gallons are still in the car when you think you're out of gas? I probably misunderstood your question because it seemed to easy to answer, but filling it up and subtracting how many gallons you put in from 13.2.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gas tank size for integra (Dark@Powers)

yea i guess i could do that and just wait till i get back on E again before i do my octane boost. this way i can get an accurate estimate of my octane level by taking the remaining gas past E into consideration in my mix.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:24 PM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivan93egreppin210 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone else care to chime in as to how i tell how much gas is in my car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it's full, and it's a '94-01 Integra, it's 13.2 gallons.

It's perfectly normal for the car to only take 9.5-10.0 gallons to fill when you're right at E. Sometimes the low fuel warning light will come on before then, and you fill it with 9.0-9.5 gallons.

It sounds like you're asking how to "prove" that your car holds 13.2 gallons, without running it dry. Here's what I would suggest. It assumes that you know your typical gas mileage, that you've calculated it over the course of several tanks and that it's fairly predictable, within a few mpg.

1. Run your car down EXACTLY to the E line on the fuel gauge.

2. Fill your car with as much gas as you can squeeze in, but don't let it overflow. See how many gallons it takes.

3. Calculate how many miles you still have left, ON AVERAGE, when the gauge is on E. For example, let's say you can put exactly 9.5 gallons in the car when the gauge is on E. That means there is still (13.2 - 9.5) = 3.7 gallons left in the car when the gauge is on E. If you average 25 miles per gallon (in the same kind of driving you'll be doing), that means that when the needle is exactly on E, you should be able to drive up to 92.5 miles before you run out of gas.

4. On the next tank, drive it as far past E as you feel comfortable doing, and fill the tank. For example, in the example above, you could still drive it 75 miles after that point, and you should then be filling it with 12.5 gallons. (Which means you still had 0.7 gallon in the tank before you would have run it dry.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivan93egreppin210 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im thinking of buying a 5 gallon fuel cell and dropping my gas tank. do you think this would also help shave a few pounds?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think this is absolutely silly. Especially for someone who always has more than three gallons in the fuel tank. If you never let your car go below 3 gallons, and you use a 5 gallon fuel cell, you'll be filling your car up every fifty miles or so.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good advice nsxtasy. so you don't think going to a fuel cell in order to monitor fuel amounts as well as shave weight is practical on a car that will eventually see only track and light weekend driving? if im getting at least 20 mpg on a 5 gallon tank, i could drive at least 100 miles on a tank. this would not be a hassle for me. i have never gone to the track on a full tank and i dont think i will start anytime soon.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:48 PM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivan93egreppin210 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you don't think going to a fuel cell in order to monitor fuel amounts as well as shave weight is practical on a car that will eventually see only track and light weekend driving?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. Not unless you're in actual competition - not just driving on the track, but doing everything you can for a few hundredths of a second per lap. If you are, it's one more thing you can do, in addition to totally gutting the interior of your car (no soft panels, no arm rests, no stereo, no A/C, no power windows, etc). But if you're not competing and you're not gutting your car, then no, the few pounds difference between an empty fuel cell and an empty gas tank isn't going to do anything significant for you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivan93egreppin210 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if im getting at least 20 mpg on a 5 gallon tank, i could drive at least 100 miles on a tank.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That assumes you drive the car until it dies, on every tank.

Remember, you don't have to swap to a fuel cell to reduce the weight of the gas in your tank. If you want, you can always keep no more than five gallons in your stock tank, if you want. That means the gas gauge will be slightly less than a quarter tank AFTER you fill it.

I think it's kind of silly, personally. Even for track use. Because when you're driving on a racetrack, you're probably only going to get around 6-9 miles per gallon; you might get 70-90 miles on a full tank, which means maybe 60-90 minutes of track driving, depending on the track. That's 2-3 sessions if your sessions are a half hour each. If you don't fill the tank, or if you get a tiny fuel cell, you're going to be running out of gas even more frequently; you might not even make it through a full session!

Have you ever driven on a racetrack? I'm guessing no...? Don't bother changing anything on your car before you do. Just drive it stock, with fresh fluids. You'll find out very quickly that changes you make to your car are not going to be the limiting factor on the track anyway. The limiting factor is driver skill. The first few track events, you will be working on improving your own abilities. I know, people who have never been an a track before think, "I've driven 100 mph on the highway, I know I'm going to be amazingly good at this." Think again. You'll go out there and find that people with cars way slower than yours can drive way faster than you on the track. So don't change anything on your car, just go out there and learn how to drive on the track. As your skills improve over the course of a bunch of events, then you'll start thinking about what parts of your car are holding you back, and what changes you want to make - and they will almost certainly NOT be the ones you think you want to make now.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No. Not unless you're in actual competition - not just driving on the track, but doing everything you can for a few hundredths of a second per lap. If you are, it's one more thing you can do, in addition to totally gutting the interior of your car (no soft panels, no arm rests, no stereo, no A/C, no power windows, etc). But if you're not competing and you're not gutting your car, then no, the few pounds difference between an empty fuel cell and an empty gas tank isn't going to do anything significant for you.

That assumes you drive the car until it dies, on every tank.

Remember, you don't have to swap to a fuel cell to reduce the weight of the gas in your tank. If you want, you can always keep no more than five gallons in your stock tank, if you want. That means the gas gauge will be slightly less than a quarter tank AFTER you fill it.

I think it's kind of silly, personally. Even for track use. Because when you're driving on a racetrack, you're probably only going to get around 6-9 miles per gallon; you might get 70-90 miles on a full tank, which means maybe 60-90 minutes of track driving, depending on the track. That's 2-3 sessions if your sessions are a half hour each. If you don't fill the tank, or if you get a tiny fuel cell, you're going to be running out of gas even more frequently; you might not even make it through a full session!

Have you ever driven on a racetrack? I'm guessing no...? Don't bother changing anything on your car before you do. Just drive it stock, with fresh fluids. You'll find out very quickly that changes you make to your car are not going to be the limiting factor on the track anyway. The limiting factor is driver skill. The first few track events, you will be working on improving your own abilities. I know, people who have never been an a track before think, "I've driven 100 mph on the highway, I know I'm going to be amazingly good at this." Think again. You'll go out there and find that people with cars way slower than yours can drive way faster than you on the track. So don't change anything on your car, just go out there and learn how to drive on the track. As your skills improve over the course of a bunch of events, then you'll start thinking about what parts of your car are holding you back, and what changes you want to make - and they will almost certainly NOT be the ones you think you want to make now.
</TD></TR></TABLE>makes perfect sense. thank you. when im by myself my car feels faster than when i have a friend rolling with me. ide imagin if i was able to drop a 100 lbs i might fell a big difference but now that you point it out, it would come at the expense of gutting my beautiful car. no thanks. i completely understand what you mean about getting some laps in first in order to judge what to gut and what to keep/change. good post nsxtasy.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:00 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Just one more point FYI - the stock Integra gas tank holds 13.2 gallons, and that quantity of fuel weighs around 80 pounds. So you can save 40 pounds of weight if you have the tank half full (6.6 gallons in it) - probably not as much as your friend weighs, but you might be able to feel it. Not a huge difference though.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what about for a 97 2door?!?! im asking cause i was on E and i put $50 bucks and it started spilling out at $43 =/