Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

gas question.. please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 06:02 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas question.. please help

could someone tell me about how many, liters or (gallons if your american) is left in the tank of my 96 GSR when the little orange gas light come on, or if you dont know how many liters or gallons do you know about how many miles, or kilometers can be driven when the light comes on??

thanks for your help
Old 06-18-2001, 06:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: gas question.. please help (vtec_powah)

about 2 or 3 gallons, but you shouldn't drive on this gas, its all sludgy and will clog up your injectors and screw w/ your performance

[Modified by 00SilverLS, 7:12 PM 6/18/2001]
Old 06-18-2001, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gas question.. please help (00SilverLS)

Yes, when the light first goes on there is 3 gallons left. But I don't agree with the "sludge" thing. That's a myth. First of all, don't you think that the gas in your tank is sloshing around when your driving around and it all gets mixed? And the myth used to be about impurities or 'sediment' in the tank which should get caught by the gas filter anyway.

about 2 or 3 gallons, but you shouldn't drive on this gas, its all sludgy and will clog up your injectors and screw w/ your performance

[Modified by 00SilverLS, 7:12 PM 6/18/2001]
Old 06-18-2001, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, should be about 2 gallons or so...but I don't even trust myself driving with the gas light coming on every now and then, even if there is that much gas left in the tank!
Old 06-18-2001, 07:25 PM

Default Re: gas question.. please help (Integ_GrL)

2-3 gallons??? if that is how much there is left then what is the total in the tank when full?? Most of the time i dont get the gas light on and the needle is touching E. IS this normal?? I usually can put about 12 gallons in the tank. Do you guys usually get the needle past the red zone in the E???? OH yeah, how many miles can you guys get on a single fill up???
Old 06-18-2001, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gas question.. please help (maxxdout)

According to the acura owners manual, there is 6 liters (1.5 gal) of reserve gas in the tank..from the way that's stated, it sounds like the 'reserve' is when your needle is at E...my integra get's between 10-12 km/liter of gas which is between 25 and 30 mpg (actually tested...full logs every fill up)...so this gas should give you 37 miles or 60 km. Mind you, that's mostly highway driving and shifting below 3k rpm.
Old 06-18-2001, 08:18 PM
New User

Default Re: gas question.. please help (vtec_powah)

For the 2G Integra, the light came on at 2.6 gallons, I'm not sure on my 3G, though I've had it come on.

On my 2G, I could drive way past empty, easily getting another 50 miles once the light had come on. I haven't had my 3G long enough to get a feel for empty, because what with gas prices, I fill up when I find a deal, not when the tank is empty.

As for the sludge, I also respectfully disagreewith 00SilverLS. You have a fuel filter for a reason, and as long as you're not buying gas at stations where the tanker truck is filling their storage tanks at the time you're there (thereby stirring up everything from the bottom of the tank) or from places that look like their pumps date back to the 70's, you shouldn't have to worry about it.
Old 06-23-2001, 07:34 PM
New User

[QUOTE]about 2 or 3 gallons, but you shouldn't drive on this gas, its all sludgy and will clog up your injectors and screw w/ your performance

Hey 00SilverLS,
why do you think that the last 2-3 gallons of gas in your gas tank is sludgy? i mean the fuel pump is already sucking in the gas from the bottem of the tank, which is also same as the last couple of gallons of gas when the "feed me" light comes on. my $0.02
Old 06-24-2001, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gas question.. please help (ChoisVTEC)

Hey 00SilverLS,
why do you think that the last 2-3 gallons of gas in your gas tank is sludgy? i mean the fuel pump is already sucking in the gas from the bottem of the tank, which is also same as the last couple of gallons of gas when the "feed me" light comes on. my $0.02
you know what? You're right..... i also believed that the last few gallons of gas would have the most crap in it cause it's settled in there and i think i read it somewhere too....... BUT the pump HAS to be at the bottom of the tank to get all of the gas so geez, i guess we're always using the sludge first cause when you don't drive your car it probably settles right on the pump
Old 06-24-2001, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gas question.. please help (keys)

Hey,

There is exactly 3 gallons of gas left as soon as the light comes on...

reason I know this is cuz yesterday I went to fill up and right when the light came on, I was parked next to the pump... I filled up 10.007 gallons... I figure 13 - 10 gallons = 3 gallons... *shrug*