Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Ghost - 95 GSR Trackday Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghost - 95 GSR Trackday Build

This is Ghost at Arizona Motorsports Park.

May 2016
I purchased the car for $3500. It had Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers, two racing seats, a partially removed interior, adjustable upper control arms, and a stage 2 clutch. A friend drove it to his house because I was not good enough at driving manual yet. I did my first oil change.

The oil filter was ON there.

Shortly afterwards I was told she wasn't hitting VTEC by my good friend Ravi(T3mp3st). I mentioned that there was a large dent on the oil pan that I saw when changing the oil. We dropped the oil pan and sure enough, the oil pickup is dented. We had to brake clean/chisel the old oil pan gasket off the pan.

A few weeks later I was practicing manual and playing Pokemon GO when my buddy pointed to the thermostat in the gauge cluster. I have no idea how long I'd been driving with the car overheating, but I learned to check my gauges that night. I pulled off the freeway and rolled into a gas station, waited for the car to cool down. I then hobbled it to Ravi's house, where we changed the thermostat and bled the system.
The next day it was still overheating and we figured I'd blown the head gasket. For the next few months she sat.

December 2016
This is when I started building the car. I picked up a Mishimoto Radiator, Water Pump, Head Gasket, Timing Belt Kit, and a Hondata ECU so I could get it tuned when it wasn't overheating.

Ravi helping take the head off.

For Christmas, I picked up Type R Calipers so I could re-use Ravi's NSX pads when he was done with them and my parents gifted me a cage.

Got the car registered.

January 2017
We spent the whole month trying to figure out why Ghost was still overheating, and I set up a date with UMS Tuning so I could take her on track in February. Turns out, the thermostat we had purchased the night I overheated had been broken. The tuner graciously let me replace it in his shop, and I got the car tuned. She made 155whp.

Note: I have to find some photos from my old phone.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Ghost - 95 GSR Trackday Build

How many miles are on it?
Old 07-29-2018, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Ouch a blown head gasket sucks! good to hear its up and running. Now go boost it lol!!
Old 07-31-2018, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that seems like a strong motor. Stock? Mileage?